Where To Get Pyramid Tea Bags

mmseng

Hey guys, I've been wanting to try some of the PTB mods as I'm getting frustrated with the generic polyfills. But I've looked in a couple of the local groceries and they don't have these tea bags. They've got plenty of Lipton teas, but none of them say Pyramid on them, and none of them have a picture of the pyramid bag. I searched briefly online and the pictures I found were of boxes that said "Pyramid bags" and had a picture (see: liptonpyramidtea.jpg).

Are you guys finding these at your local stores?

Hey MM---they are in the store but are very hard to find---i looked for almost 10 minutes before i saw them. You might also want to try the fluval (I like that better--not as much work).

Try this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HQIKTI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000EMAZPO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09DY3EENRW1SC95SV86K

or this

http://www.valuepetsupplies.com/Aquarium-Fish-Reef/Filter-Media/Fluval/Fluval-Water-Polishing-p4467088.html

Edited by Mark

Well unless the pyramid tea is somewhere other than the regular tea I'm fairly certain the stores I checked didn't have it. I looked long and hard.

I have some filter polishing pads though, for my aquariums. Not fluval brand, but I suppose as long as the consistency is right it should work. I guess I'll play with that until I can find some tea bags.

Edited by mmseng

Well unless the pyramid tea is somewhere other than the regular tea I'm fairly certain the stores I checked didn't have it. I looked long and hard.

I have some filter polishing pads though, for my aquariums. Not fluval brand, but I suppose as long as the consistency is right it should work. I guess I'll play with that until I can find some tea bags.

I found mine at target. They were hard to find, they had a huge rack all Lipton tea. But there was only one flavor in the PTB so it took me a min to spot them out. I like the mod but i just drip i feel like i never get all the juice from the carts. that's just me though.

Well my biggest problem is that after just a couple refills, the carts have so much backed up liquid that I can only put in 2 or 3 drops at most. However, a brand new cart will last me for quite a while before needing a refill, and I'm basically just looking for a material that will maximize the number of refills I can get without fiddling with the filler too much (shake/wash it out).

From the look of it, I was hoping the tea bag mod would be a little LESS absorbent, so even if I can't put as many drops in without flooding/leaking, I'm hoping I can get a higher percentage of the drops I DO put in to wick down.

I think one reason they're so hard to find is that nowhere on there does it say "Pyramid." You have to rely on the picture of the pyramidal-shaped bag to identify them. The brand is Lipton, and the box is about 5" wide and 4.5" tall. The printing is kind of "classy" looking, if that helps at all. Different flavors have different colored boxes. If you want a picture, I'll scan my box for you.

The pictures I've seen online do, in fact, say Pyramid on them. The link in my OP is broken, but here's another: My link

That's them. I didn't have much luck with it using the 510 atty on the Spade,kept flooding the atty. I think I'll try it with the 801 atty and see if it works any better.

Edited by Ray

i was at wal-mart tonight and i did another look for them and I found them....on the bottom shelf!! so keep looking!! :detective:

I found them in the local A&P...I got a box there then stupidly ordered these from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Pyramid-Tuscan-Lemon-20-Count/dp/B000V9LQG2/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1265727116&sr=1-16

Stupid because it's a 120 bags in total...

I found them in the local A&P...I got a box there then stupidly ordered these from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Pyramid-Tuscan-Lemon-20-Count/dp/B000V9LQG2/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1265727116&sr=1-16

Stupid because it's a 120 bags in total...

Hah, at least you have a couple years' worth of teabag mods! :rolleyes2:

I can't recall for the life of me where I ordered them from... but I ordered some pre-stuffed 510 carts that had the PTB in them already... all nice and neat! Go figure... I basically direct drip 100% of the time anyway. But they'll be nice to have for roadtrips I suppose. I thought it was cignot.com... but if it was, they don't have them anymore. Not sure though.