Are Dse801 Crap Or Is It Just Ecigsupply?

Okay, I have ordered from ECigSupply enough to make a recommendation and I can tell you that I am not pleased with them unless the DSE-801 are a crappy brand. I can not afford a lot so I ordered from them because their prices where the lowest and now I am regretting it dearly.

I first ordered from them on January 4th and received my 801 starter kit, 3 different color atomizers, and a white battery on January 8th. I found that the battery was not working correctly and 2 of the atomizers did not produce much vapor even after trying for about 30 minutes. I boiled one atomizer and that just ruined it. The battery and the other unboiled atomizer I had to send back paying my own postage. The kit was fine. I had no problems with those parts. I then received the replacement battery and the replacement atomizer which I still feel the replacement atomizer doesn't work like it should and the replacement battery does not register right away.

I figured okay things like this happen and maybe it was just my luck.

So, I ordered another kit in a pink color thinking the prices might rise and I also ordered a few more atomizers. The next day my aunt asked me to order her a starter 801 kit as well. I was suppose to have priority mail on my order and my aunt had first class being shipped to the same address. Well, I got her kit first and when I opened the package there was only one battery and one atomizer and that was it. So I called ECigSupply and asked him where the kit was. He apologized and told me that he hired someone new and that he would ship the rest of the kit items with some free juice for my trouble. The rest of the kit showed up but there was not one bottle of juice to be found at all.

He put my priority mail sticker on the wrong package, my aunts package.

Then my package finally came in the mail and guess what ... another atomizer did not work. So I had to ship that one back paying my own postage again. When I received the replacement atomizer the second time there was a battery with it as well that I was not expecting. I believe he made another mistake and mailed me a battery when he did not intend to but I did not let him know because it works a lot better then the replacement battery that he sent me first. I hope that made sense.

Also, all the starter kit atomizers where high bridge and the extra atomizers I purchased where low bridge. I think I used the pink atomizer high bridge for about a day and when I took off the mouth piece the cotton was stuck on the bridge pulling off all the fibers covering it. Now that atomizer hardly produces any vapor. It was not dry and there was plenty of juice. I use different atomizers all day long for different flavors.

Okay, now here is why I am so upset and why I am explaining every interaction with ECigSupply!!! My first 801 kit ordered on 1/4/10 that came with the 1 atomizer, the 2 batteries, and chager, well the batteries now only work

for about 30 minutes and now start blinking green to tell me that they need to be charged. I have charged them 5 times today now and have given up on them. It seems like they are keeping a charge less and less now. I only have the 2 pink and 1 white battery left that work and I am wondering when they will go out on me!!! I am so upset..... :'(

Is it a matter of the 801's at ECigSupply being knock-offs or is the DSE-801 just a piece of crap brand. Or is it possible for retailers to purchase refurbished items from manufactures?

I do want to say that I did not over flow the juice and damage anything. I don't have much more to spend on finding a penstyle model and I would rather spend more for quality then having to send back parts all the time and have them break down on me within 30 days.

And, yes ECigSupply's warrenty sucks big time!!!

I thought about trying the 901 but I really do want a good brand I do not want to go back to tobacco cigs.... the spade would be great but that will not happen anytime soon.... Please help ... I really need a good brand for an 801 or 901 style type!! I do not like the 510 model.

Thank you for your help!!

So waiting impatiently to purchase a better ecig brand and retailer!!!

I guess I should give a little more info.... I need a serious throat hit and like a lot of vapor .... I do realize though some ejuices do and do not produce a lot of vapor. I do not want a manual battery as I like to be able to put the ecig in my side pocket of my purse and I also like to put it in the back pocket of my pants .... no manual battery for me. I am having difficulty with finding the right kind of filer material for my 801 and it seems like I am wasting a lot of ejuice because it is not all dripping out... very irritating. I hear possibly that Janty filers are awesome but I have no idea .... I really need help with the filer material...

Edited by Celtic

The penstyle atomizer is probably hands down the best atomizer on the market ESPECIALLY for custom mods. The problem is EVERYONE calls them DSE 801's. In fact it's become a generic term. So some suppliers may state "DSE 801" when they're actually selling RN4072 for example.

I've tried tons of Penstyle atomizers and I can say hands down the Joye 302 atomizers are the best. Created by the same company that creates the Joye 510 obviously, they work amazing and last a very long time.

The penstyle atomizer is probably hands down the best atomizer on the market ESPECIALLY for custom mods. The problem is EVERYONE calls them DSE 801's. In fact it's become a generic term. So some suppliers may state "DSE 801" when they're actually selling RN4072 for example.

I've tried tons of Penstyle atomizers and I can say hands down the Joye 302 atomizers are the best. Created by the same company that creates the Joye 510 obviously, they work amazing and last a very long time.

Yes, I agree, I do like the 302 atomizers ... I have only one of those but the only problem is that my ecigsupply 801 cartridges will not fit into the 302 so i am dripping the 302 all the time ....

Can you recommend a retailer that sales an actual penstyle that is not a fake.

I read your post several times, so please forgive me if I post something that I might have missed by reading. I am sorry that you have had such bad luck with the supplier and your 801. I have not ordered from this supplier so I can not share any experience with transactions. My first PV purchase was a 510 and I really enjoyed the ease of use and the size. My second purchase was for a 801. I really liked using the 801, the cooler vapor brought out some of the flavors I was missing. I never used carts in any of my PVs, so I will not be very helpful in that regard to your post.

Is it possible that maybe you charger, that came with your kit, could be the culprit and killing your batteries? I know that suppliers can get some bad products but to have several batteries in succession performing poorly makes me think it could be the charger causing your battery problem. When I bought my 801 kit it did come with the high bridge and I did buy extra low bridge atomizers to use. I have yet to find a 801 kit that comes with the low bridge atomizers. As you may know the low bridge atomizers were not made to be used with cartridges, they work best for the direct drip. I would suggest giving the direct drip method a try when using this type of atomizer. I do use the manual battery for both my 510 and 801 and I do put them in my purse/pockets and have not had any issues with them going off in this manner. So please don't discount the use of a manual battery. Automatic batteries have been known to be triggered by sound and become damaged due to leakage of juice inside the battery. The manual batteries are sealed.

In regards to the 302 atomizer, I did buy one of these to use on my VP/PT. I was really frustrated and couldn't figure out the draw, it seem to leak every time I added a drop of liquid and had the worst flavor I have ever experienced from a atomizer. I shelved the 302 and went back the 801, gold band atomizer, to practice getting the draw correct with the PT. A few days ago I pulled out the 302 and gave it a go again. I am much happier with it now and I am pleased that it was user error and not a faulty piece.

I wish you the best of luck. Please look through the supporting suppliers area. Arno at Awesome vapor is really good and I also suggest Electro-nic-Stix and Word up. They have superior customer service.

Edited by BirdDog

What a nightmare! Sorry about that. Good grief.

While some of the supporting suppliers are a little more expensive, don't forget that most of them have a coupon code around. Electronixstix has 10% off with VTALK10. Awsomevapor has 10% with ecf10p.

Here's a link to many other coupon codes..

My rule of thumb - never order without a discount code (unless you absolutely can't find one). :thumbsup:

I just talked to my sister that also purchased her 801 kit from ECigSupply about 3 weeks ago and she said that her batteries where also doing the same thing..... ARG!! She had thought it was just her until I told her that my batteries where not holding a charge too.... See I had set up a site for people that knew nothing of the e-cigarette giving them my experience (www.celticsweb.com/vaping/vaping.html)... which has had 46 hit on it already.... so a few people that I know of including my sister, aunt, and me with a few I am sure I do not know have also ordered from ECigSupply .... So far 3 of us are having problems with the batteries ....

For about an hour, I have been using my mothers pass through with my 801 atomizers and WOW, so much better!!! Each hit is exactly the way I like it... throat hit and plenty of vapor. So, it is definitely the batteries. Weak a** batteries...

BirdDog ... Ya i can see how it might be the chargers but I have 2 chargers from ECigSupply and have used the batteries on both of the chargers and still get a bad charge on them ... :(

How long are the DSE-801 batteries life suppose to be???

If I really enjoy the PT, what portable ecig will I like?

Will I like the spade? Is there enough power to always get a good hit?

Sorry Christopher for putting this in the wrong section again...

Edited by Celtic

The 801 batteries I get from Awesome Vapor both manual and automatic are very good I only had one bad manual battery when they first came out and Arno made that more than right.As far as atty's I ruined a lot of batteries carting with high bridge atty's as they squeeze all the juice out of a full cart and goes right into the battery and ruins the switch.Since I have switched to low bridge only my batteries have lasted what I would consider a normal amount of time.The Joye 302 batteries will also fit but I don't think they give enough time for the atty to heat up before timing out.

BirdDog ... Ya i can see how it might be the chargers but I have 2 chargers from ECigSupply and have used the batteries on both of the chargers and still get a bad charge on them ... :(

How long are the DSE-801 batteries life suppose to be???

If I really enjoy the PT, what portable ecig will I like?

Will I like the spade? Is there enough power to always get a good hit?

Sorry Christopher for putting this in the wrong section again...

The suggestion about the charger was a long shot. I was afraid that was not going to be the issue with your batteries.

I usually get over 2 hours of usage with my 801 batteries. It depends if I am chain vaping or casual vaping. As for the extended life, batteries will be batteries and they will last for months or fail with in the first week. The instructions that came with one of my kits said the batteries could be re-charged up to 365 times. I don't remember the number exactly but it is close.

As a portable unit, if you like the PT you might want to hold out for the Joker. If you want something right now and you prefer the 801/302 atomizer, I would suggest any of the mods from the VP line. You can get those at Vaprlife, they are in the supporting suppliers area.

I don't have a Spade, I am actually holding out for the Joker. The Spade is for the 510 atomizer. I have heard really good things about the Spade and it is also part of the VP line.

I see that Brian suggested the 510 atomizer for good throat hit. I would recommend giving the 510 a try on the borrowed PT if you can.

I hope this helps. I am sure someone else will be willing to chime in and add anything that I might have missed.

Since you said you need throat hit, I think you need a 510. The 302 is great at 5V and that's what I'm using on my PT, but I won't give up my 510 at 3.7v. The 510 has a great throat hit.

Ya, the 510 had a good throat hit for me using the tea bag method or direct drip method but the 801's just sounded so much better and where great until the batteries started failing on me. I believe it is just where I purchased them from ... you get what you pay for right....

So, I have decided... The Spade I am hoping will do the trick with direct dripping I hope... I am just going to have to get over the whole button thing ...

So far I have not craved one cigarette the whole time in using JJ's PT!!! She is letting me use it so I am not a raving B****... lol ... Tax time I will have to get a PT too... JJ says that I should not feel guilty in the purchase because I will not be smoking another tobacco cigarette and I will live longer for my children ... She is right and I will be making the purchase...

Thank you so much Brian, BirdDog, Chris, and McQuinn for all your help on the matter.... I do not recommend ECigSupply at all...enter at your own risk! I really do feel that it is the issue of knock-offs... Man, I could have had a PT by now with what I have purchased ... lol ...

When we learn in a loss, wisdom is gained in the end....

Celtic