Ego?

Tracie

Does anyone know what the Ego is? I heard something about it and am interested to know if it's a new E cig??? I got the VP PT and I love it cuz it gives me the throat hit I neeeeeed...But now I only have the Titan and Janty Sticks for on the go and they just leave me wanting more. Hate them! So I was thinking of ordering the VP2 again because mine broke but I wanted to make sure it is the best we can get right now? Anyone know? Thanks!

Hi Tracie, Welcome to Vapor Talk. The eGo is sold by jantyusa.com. Totallywicked.com sells the eGo as the "Tornado" It is a 510 unit with excellent battery life. I have been getting 12 hours average out of my eGo. Others here have reported getting even more out of theirs. I don't have the VP2 so I cant compare it. I do know the eGo is much smaller than the VP2 and excellent for on the go. It is a very nice looking unit.

Or you can just watch the video that Sinikal posted LOL :)

Edited by jeffb

No offense to anyone ,or not implying anything about the quality of anyones product ,but.As they all use the same attomisers at the same voltages I am a little befuddled how all these claims are made for more vapor production from one model than from another.I think once you lay out the $100.00 you have to convince yourself that it works better.Just my opinion.

No offense to anyone ,or not implying anything about the quality of anyones product ,but.As they all use the same attomisers at the same voltages I am a little befuddled how all these claims are made for more vapor production from one model than from another.I think once you lay out the $100.00 you have to convince yourself that it works better.Just my opinion.

I'm not an engineer, nor an expert on batteries and atomizers, but here is my theory:

The e-cig is essentially three parts: battery, atomizer and cartridge. While different makes may use the same atomizer, that is 1/3 of the story. The cartridge is not going to be much of a factor, other than the wicking quality of the fill. If the user direct drips, it's not going to matter at all. That leaves the battery. At the same voltage, there will still be performance differences. Not all batteries of the same voltage maintain a consistent flow of power throughout the duration of the charge. For instance, I noticed immediately that the 510 mega battery seems to perform consistently from start to end of the charge. While the regular battery seems to fall off quite a bit as the charge falls, in terms of vapor production.

My observations on the 510 are purely anecdotal, and may be my own perception. But from other applications, such as flashlights, I know there is a huge difference in performance from brand to brand, even when the same basic characteristics of the battery remains the same.

McQuinn, I don't know if you're speaking from experience or not, but this is an argument that can be made about every product. My wife's $130 point and shoot is capable of taking pictures just as nice as my $3000 digital slr. My grandma may have thought my mother frivolous for buying an electric mixer when a spoon or a whisk would do the same job. A Ford Fiesta will go 65mph, just like a Porsche Boxster.

You're absolutely right, that the eGo is a 3.7 volt mod, so Tracie, if you're looking for a PV that will compete with your VP PT, you probably need to look at some of the bigger 5 and 6 volt mods like Pure Smoker's Prodigy V2 or Liberty Flight's AdapteveR. I personally am waiting for the Joker from VaprLife.

I like the 510 atomizer. It works great for me. I do think I get better vapor production from my Spade than I do from any of my Joye 510 batteries, and I think the Spade is an awesome looking PV. The last thing I'll say is, if you're buying a new car, and you find out that the only options are a 2 gallon gas tank or a 20 gallon, which one would you choose?

My point is a newbie who is confused and asking an honest question just need the facts and not twenty different personal preferences .

Tracie wanted to know if this is the best we can get right now. Isn't that going to be a matter of personal preference? This would make a good discussion thread of it's own though.

The ego is just another 3.7v mod with a long battery life than your standard styles. As far as vapor production goes, it depends on the atty and the juice, and voltage you use. The only thing you are paying for is:

A. Looks

B. Features

C. Battery life

D. Quality

There is nothing better than any other 3.7v mods other than those things. So for $100 do i think its worth it? Yes! If you already have a 3.7v mod with an extended battery? NO! If your looking for something better look into 5v, the latest and greatest.

My point is a newbie who is confused and asking an honest question just need the facts and not twenty different personal preferences .

Which is pretty much what was offered. Even if a difference is perception only, it's still a difference. Anyone who can supply objective information is always a plus in these forums. But any opinion is valuable if offered honestly and in the interest of being helpful.

Very nice Sinikal ,I don't mean to be an A** but sometimes we forget who may read these threads and we just confuse them even more.I apologize to anyone who I may have offended I think any hardware is good hardware ,run what you brung.

I apologize in advance, but in my opinion, the atty is everything. In fact, the atty in my spade is getting a little touchy, so while I am hitting my twin backup 510s because they just keep tokin', I had to work/clean the atty on the spade. So I agree with mcquinn, a 510 is a 510 is a 510, unless you stick a cattle prod up its butt (more than 3.7V), then it's something else.

Does anyone know what the Ego is? I heard something about it and am interested to know if it's a new E cig??? I got the VP PT and I love it cuz it gives me the throat hit I neeeeeed...But now I only have the Titan and Janty Sticks for on the go and they just leave me wanting more. Hate them! So I was thinking of ordering the VP2 again because mine broke but I wanted to make sure it is the best we can get right now? Anyone know? Thanks!

Hi Tracie, I hope your question has been answered. If not, feel free to ask more questions :)

Also, here is an interesting link that shows different drop of rates and how they can change dramatically depending on the battery used. Remember the Ego does not use a removable standard 3.7 volt battery but rather it uses a canned battery - thus the reason for slightly better performance and much longer battery life.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1633093&postcount=791