Which Mod Unit To Add Next

I am starting to look at the mod units and would like some opinions on which way to go.I In an ideal world I would simply buy them all at once. But, reality is, I can only start with 1. I am looking at the most current spade version or the VP/PT. I do 75% of my vaping whil on computer. Am currently using a usb 510 passthrough and love it. Would also be awesome to have the spade to take on the go with me and last all day with great vape. also some others look to be great mods as well: prodigee, screwdriver, vp1/vp2

If you could only afford to start with one, which one and for what reasons?am in the TMI overload and need your input. Thanks in advance, Jen

Here's my 2 picks:

1. VP-PT and get it with a 510 adapter

2. VP2 and get it with a 510 adapter

If you are at the computer mostly, the VP-PT is the #1 choice. You will love it!

For on the go, it's the VP2. It has 3 times the battery life of a standard 510 and just rocks!

Hello...from everything I've been told the VT/PT should be the next in line.Too bad that everything is out of stock. But I've also heard good things about the Ego.

eGo is nice. it is a 3.7V that has a very nice battery life and uses the 510 atty. (and looks pretty slick too!!) i am enjoying mine a lot because of the portability!! a VP/PT is a great choice to test the waters of using a higher voltage unit. i highly recommend one!!

happy vaping!!

I am starting to look at the mod units and would like some opinions on which way to go.I In an ideal world I would simply buy them all at once. But, reality is, I can only start with 1. I am looking at the most current spade version or the VP/PT. I do 75% of my vaping whil on computer. Am currently using a usb 510 passthrough and love it. Would also be awesome to have the spade to take on the go with me and last all day with great vape. also some others look to be great mods as well: prodigee, screwdriver, vp1/vp2

If you could only afford to start with one, which one and for what reasons?am in the TMI overload and need your input. Thanks in advance, Jen

More confusion for ya.

If the size is important, the eGo would probably make you very happy. Small, long battery life(longer than the Spade from what I've read about it) and great vapor. I'm going to get 1 eventually. Like you I want to try them all as soon as I hit the Powerball.

I use the 510 passthru and have an 801 passthru but I'm waiting on the 801 atomizers. The 801 holds a LARGE amount of juice, which is what I'm looking for. Hate having to refill all the time.

I use the Spade when I'm not near power.

Good luck with what ever one you get.

Edited by Ray

Hello...from everything I've been told the VT/PT should be the next in line.Too bad that everything is out of stock. But I've also heard good things about the Ego.

Dietsmokes.com has the VP/PT and Spade in stock.

I've become quite fond on my VP/PT with the 302/801 atty. I like the 510 on it too, but I seem to get much better flavor with the 302. I've had flavors that were not so great on the 510 at 3.7v, and I've had flavors that aren't so great on the 510 at 5v, but all of them are really good with the 302 at 5v. Hard to believe until you see it yourself. :iiam:

I don't have an eGo so really can't comment on that other than to say that I haven't heard anything bad about it yet. It sounds like it might be a really good "on the go" model.

I do have the VP/PT and love it. But...it isn't portable, so that's something to keep in mind. When I'm sitting at the computer or watching t.v., I love using it. But it is a bit of a hassle to take it from room to room if you're doing other stuff. Just something to think about.

I also have a VP2. It's a great model. It's portable, has fantastic battery life, and produces great vapor. It is a bit on the heavy side and isn't as easy to carry around in your pocket as the 510 is.

I guess it comes down to what works best for you. You said you do 75% of your vaping at the computer, so the PT might be better for you. At least you don't have to worry about batteries that way. On the other hand, what do you use the other 25% of the time?

I know the problem with deciding. That's why I've been through several different models. I'm searching for the perfect model for me. Other than the 510, I can't say that I've found my perfect model yet.

I forgot the eGo. I have one and LOVE it! It is super classy looking, has great battery life, and is very cool. If you want something for on the go, eGo or Janty Stick.

I forgot the eGo. I have one and LOVE it! It is super classy looking, has great battery life, and is very cool. If you want something for on the go, eGo or Janty Stick.

See, that's what I've been wanting to hear. I need something for on the go, but not in a car. I ended up ordering the 905 (per your recommendation) and was really hoping it would be here today, but it didn't show up. :crybaby: I have looked at the eGo, but want to wait on that on. I've always liked the looks of the Janty Stick/Joy Stick, but keep hearing about problems. I'd like to avoid as many problems as possible.

See, that's what I've been wanting to hear. I need something for on the go, but not in a car. I ended up ordering the 905 (per your recommendation) and was really hoping it would be here today, but it didn't show up. :crybaby: I have looked at the eGo, but want to wait on that on. I've always liked the looks of the Janty Stick/Joy Stick, but keep hearing about problems. I'd like to avoid as many problems as possible.

Forgot who, but someone said the their 905 fell apart after a few days, so don't expect to much from it. Sorry you didn't get your order, but it's probably held up by the big snow storm. Madvapes is in NC.

Hello!

If you're looking for the "ultimate" at home vaping experience to date I highly recommend the VP-PT... I have had one for a little while now and it performs amazingly well... Its of a good solid construction and produces consistent, powerful vapor... You get more of everything at 5 volts... more vapor... more flavor... more throat hit... you can't beat it... As far as a portable device goes it all depends what your tastes are... So far I've had the VP-PT, a couple 510s and a spade... I've enjoyed them all and although the spade is in the shop for some battery life problems I would still recommend it... and you can always count on chris and company to take care of you if anything ever goes wrong with anything you get from them... On the other hand I have recently ordered an Ego which I'm very excited about... Keep in mind that I recommend these devices for performance, but also for size and aesthetics... (I prefer my portables sleek and small... but with good battery life)... such is my quest... Also keep in mind that we are on the eve of the Joker's release... and of course the ever elusive Masarati... I'm not recommending these as I have no experience or even knowledge of these devices... Just food for thought...

-Alucard

I can recommend the the original Mk1 Screwdriver with confidence. I have one I bought in April 2009 and it's been totally reliable. I bought the 901 model, but have adapters for 510, 801, 401 and 4081. The Mk1 Screwdriver is still made to the same quality as ever but has had some improvements and is also now much cheaper. See:

http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriver/shop/shopindex.htm

(I also have a Mk2 Screwdriver from TW, and a Super 6 from Super T on order, but I think the Mk 1 SD is now great value for money)

Edited by profbeard

I can recommend the the original Mk1 Screwdriver with confidence. I have one I bought in April 2009 and it's been totally reliable. I bought the 901 model, but have adapters for 510, 801, 401 and 4081. The Mk1 Screwdriver is still made to the same quality as ever but has had some improvements and is also now much cheaper. See:

http://www.cavecom.c...p/shopindex.htm

(I also have a Mk2 Screwdriver from TW, and a Super 6 from Super T on order, but I think the Mk 1 SD is now great value for money)

That thing is really sexy-looking Prof! I guess I'm going to have to try the bottom button thing to see how I like it. That format is long-lived enough to make me think it must work well and that it's just my brain that hasn't caught up yet. Do you press it with the little finger? Can you carry it in a shirt pocket without the button going off? Quite curious how it works. Thanks for the pointer, I am very tempted. thumbup.gif Probably will step on that when I win the lottery this afternoon.

http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriver/shop/shopindex.htm

Thanks for that info, profbeard. I'm very interested in knowing what models stand up to the test of time. So many of us here are a lot newer to vaping than that and don't know which ones last. I'd like to get a good, reliable model that would last. I'll look into the screwdriver.

That thing is really sexy-looking Prof! I guess I'm going to have to try the bottom button thing to see how I like it. That format is long-lived enough to make me think it must work well and that it's just my brain that hasn't caught up yet. Do you press it with the little finger? Can you carry it in a shirt pocket without the button going off? Quite curious how it works. Thanks for the pointer, I am very tempted. thumbup.gif Probably will step on that when I win the lottery this afternoon.

Ummmmm, Dave? I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but I actually bought the winning ticket for the lottery. Of course they won't let me collect until they actually drawn the numbers tonight, but that's just a matter of waiting.

Ummmmm, Dave? I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but I actually bought the winning ticket for the lottery. Of course they won't let me collect until they actually drawn the numbers tonight, but that's just a matter of waiting.

NANA!!

How'd you get hold of my numbers?

Guess we'll just hafta share, now I'll only be able to buy half of everything in the store. :jump:

NANA!!

How'd you get hold of my numbers?

Guess we'll just hafta share, now I'll only be able to buy half of everything in the store. :jump:

LMAO - No....you must have gotten hold of my numbers somehow. LOL But you know what? I don't mind sharing. :)

I've only had my eGo for a week so far, and have no idea as to how well it will hold up over time, ... but I can share with you how much I love the great flavor, vapor, use comfort, battery life and the quick charge of that long battery life. Capital WOW!

In response t questions about my Screwdriver Mk1. Yes it's a bottom button device - I've grown to prefer that format (hence me also ordering a Super 6) - I used either my pinkie or middle finger to use it. They are much smaller than people think.

I have a small leather case for mine (from trog - he is supplying them free with each new SD order at the moment - I had to buy mine!) Having said that - I carry it loose sometimes in my shirt or top jacket pocket and it doesn't go off - I think it could easily go off if carried loose in a trouser pocket or similar where it might get squished though...

As people have expressed interest, I'm working on an "atomiser review" comparing lots of different atomisers (which will go into my blog on Vapersplace). As part of this, I've taken some pictures of my Screwdriver (my Mk 1 as it happens, but it could equally well have been my Mk2, or any other 901 based mod) with a number of atomisers fitted, mostly using the 901-to-???? adapters that are now so readily available. I though people might like to see them:

First my standard 901 Screwdriver with a TW 901 atomiser:

smajqw.jpg

The same SD with a TW 801 atomiser:

2ic9xqe.jpg

Now with a regular TW Titan atomiser:

flim9w.jpg

And now with a 4081 "double cartridge" atomiser:

207aj5v.jpg

And lastly with a 401 atomiser:

2wh48ef.jpg

Edited by profbeard

Very cool pics Prof, thanks! That does help give it some scale too. Screwdriver was the device the guy in the first vaping video I ever saw was not-using. That was his everyday device but he was promoting (if I remember correctly) V4L's KR808. I could be wrong about that; point is, the SD has been around for a long time (in vaping years), which says something quite positive about it in my book.