Did It Myself ?volt Mod

Mike

I bought a small led flashlight from Big Lots for $3. It has a round aluminum body and holds 3 AAA bats. I took my junk 510 PT and used the threaded female fitting. placed it in a fender washer and put it in the hollow flashlight. Here's the catch.. It works great if you use 2 AAA batteries and 1 3.7v lithium. I tried using 2 3.7 +1AAA and it bunt the juice. 3AAA and it won't work at all. By replacing that 1 bat with a 3.7 I get a great vape and it lasts for 4 hours. I know I must be around that sweet spot between 5 and 6.5 volts. I've used it heavy all day long with no problems. This is my fist experience with anything over 3.7v and I like it. Anyone handy should be able to make this mod fairly easily. You could probably use a dead bat for the fitting also. This thing works great and it's not to big. I'll try to post a pic later, my PC has a virus. Gotta go.

Sorry about the PC--I hate viruses. Congrats on making a mod. Personally, I couldn't mod my way out of a cardboard box, but I really appreciate people that can--keeps the vaping community on its toes. always new stuff.

i wouldnt mix the regular aaa batts with the lion batt... i would just take the normal aaa bats and replace them with bolts or something so u are getting 3.7v 2 lion bats would be 7.4 volts would fry an atty prety fast.. unless you put a 5 v reg in there some where.. and mixing the lion with the aaa is not such a good idea mixing battery types can cause extreme heat... trust me ;) lol but it would be much safer if u put spacers (or even wires) to jump the other 2 battery slots.. but make sure if u use bolts to cover the length of them with tape or something so they dont short on the body of the light

:) ~wags

i wouldnt mix the regular aaa batts with the lion batt... i would just take the normal aaa bats and replace them with bolts or something so u are getting 3.7v 2 lion bats would be 7.4 volts would fry an atty prety fast.. unless you put a 5 v reg in there some where.. and mixing the lion with the aaa is not such a good idea mixing battery types can cause extreme heat... trust me ;) lol but it would be much safer if u put spacers (or even wires) to jump the other 2 battery slots.. but make sure if u use bolts to cover the length of them with tape or something so they dont short on the body of the light

:) ~wags

The whole idea is to up the voltage a little. I found that 2 aaa and 1 3.7 IS a little too much. I'm gonna jump one aaa and put a rechargeable 1.5 in the last spot. what I have using 2 1.5 and 1 3.7 works because they are weak batteries that came with the flashlight. When I put stronger bats It is too much. I'm no expert but I think one special 3.7 and one reg 1.5 rechargeable would be safe and not higher than 6 volts on a full charge like I have it now. It is wise not to do what I did mixing these bats but what about this idea? By the way, I'm still using my original design and it's working fine after replaced a strong aaa with a weak one. I'll let you know how it turns out but so far so good. I've used the same atty the whole time and haven't killed it yet even though I put too much power through it a few times.

The whole idea is to up the voltage a little. I found that 2 aaa and 1 3.7 IS a little too much. I'm gonna jump one aaa and put a rechargeable 1.5 in the last spot. what I have using 2 1.5 and 1 3.7 works because they are weak batteries that came with the flashlight. When I put stronger bats It is too much. I'm no expert but I think one special 3.7 and one reg 1.5 rechargeable would be safe and not higher than 6 volts on a full charge like I have it now. It is wise not to do what I did mixing these bats but what about this idea? By the way, I'm still using my original design and it's working fine after replaced a strong aaa with a weak one. I'll let you know how it turns out but so far so good. I've used the same atty the whole time and haven't killed it yet even though I put too much power through it a few times.

I've just done that and it works. I'm gonna use this for a while and then fully charge the 2 bateries and put a meter on it. I'll let you know what I find out. I'm guessing 5.7v Try this at your own risk and be prepaired to fry an atty. I have to say, this is working as good as ever now that I've jumped one space. I've got alot of hours on this atty, I'm surprised it is still good after all the abuse.(2 days)

3 days with my device and all is well, same atty throughout. I put a meter on it and this is what it says: (it was not fully charged but still working good) volts=5.43 The 3.7 alone=3.8 the 1.5 bat=1.33. I don't understand all this especially when I check for amps. both bats read 4.5 the aaa reads 2.5 and the 3.7 reads 14. Once again I'm telling you this could be dangerous and experiment at your own risk but now I know I'm getting good voltage and good vapor this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Days later I am still using the device I described above. It works great but the drawbacks are the "click" button on the end and the fact that I use two dissimilar batteries. My brother and I are working on something much better. I'm hoping to have it done in a few weeks. Pictures of this mod can be found in the Gallery under "Mike's Pictures". -Mike, Alienaxejammer