Secondhand... Vapor?

Gweetus

OH EM GEE!! Well, let me start by saying that is such complete and utter BS!! Second, my roomie just got back from another trip to Colorado, and he VAPED ON THE PLANE- to and from CO. The flight attendants came back and asked him if he was smoking (both flights), and he replied no. Then PROUDLY explained what vaping was, told them about this site, and recommended a few supplier sites to them (he does this EVERY chance he gets, and he LOVES doing this!). They were all very impressed!! Third, while at the doctors today I whipped out my big 801 (Aerosmith's "Big 10 inch" keeps rolling around in my head, for some reason :punk: ) because, with whats going on healthwise, I wanted to to be totally honest with her and let her know what I was putting in my lungs. She was very impressed, said it was an excellent idea, and said she was going to start recommending them to ppl who are having a hard time putting the analogs down. So, tell your boss to put THIS in his pipe and smoke it!!

As for your co-worker.... I have a lot of choice, and censored, words for him but I'll keep it clean. Some ppl just aren't happy if they don't have something to b*tch about :argue: Or, he is jealous of your success, both work-wise and with the vaping. Or, his only happiness he has is making someone else miserable. Or, maybe he has no life outside of work and feels the need to micro-manage yours. I could go on and on, but I wont. I think you get the pic :) Just take his attitude with a grain of salt and don't let him bother you. Although, after being a gamer for the last 25 or 30 years, I would just :laser:

Edited by ColoradoKrissy

MWA HA HA! The plot thickens! Like some of you have said, the boss can't reneg unless the the guy pulls back his complaint... but no one said he can't make fun of it, to everybody, in every department! I was seeing a little to much red to catch what was going on in the background, but apearantly my boss as well as a few of the guys close by who wittnessed it started the office rumor machine rumbling, and while I still can't vape at my desk, my little nemesis is now the butt of several hilarious spinoff's. Complaints are being loudly voiced throughout the office of secondhand pepsi withdrawals, big mac fits, and everyone has been blaming my vaping (jokingly) for everything from running out of staples to program crashes. I should have known in an office of only 20 people that any kind of jack ***ery would go viral. Also we do joke around alot and people can get ruthless.

Anyway I feel alot better, the worst i have to do is go outside, and as long as I'm not the one directly makeing fun of him, there is nothing that can splash back on me. Though a couple of guys may or may not have gotten a few ideas for some emails to circulate around :innocent:

I love it when they dig their own graves.

That is just righteous, dude! thumbsup.gif Your boss is one of the good guys too, that's awesome.

As for the rest of you -- eek! dribble.gif:D Y'all are keeping the faith in a maximum way, and I'm sure glad I didn't read all that while I was awake! No telling what I'd have thought was clever. :D This early in the morning about all I can do is scratch my bed hair, which is really rather fortunate for all of us.

ColoKrissy, you and your brother rule. Vaping openly like your're not doing anything wrong is absolutely the way to live. My hat's off to you both!

I had a similar problem at work,a non smoker complained about second hand nicotine. My solution was to buy a bottle of 0 nic juice,refill it with 24mg RY4,show the boss the bottle saying 0nic,and vape when I want while avoiding the nasty woman that made the complaint.

Edited by seaspine

I had a similar problem at work,a non smoker complained about second hand nicotine. My solution was to buy a bottle of 0 nic juice,refill it with 24mg RY4,show the boss the bottle saying 0nic,and vape when I want while avoiding the nasty woman that made the complaint.

Awww, how devious. :shiftyninja: Great idea!

Did she ever make another complaint? If not, you know she wasn't getting any nic to begin with. ;)

I just been sticking with the stealth vape.. so far no complaints.

I look at it as a productivity booster, as I'm not taking a break every 45 minutes to smoke... seems like a win win for business.

There is a list of vegtables somewhere that contain nic one off hand is Tomatoes so if he eats tacos and/or spaghetti and doesnt go nuts then its in his mind.I think the act of vaping is a mental crush for him.Sorry for your situation.Mine is no vaping inside work until FDA aproval and that may never happen!!!Where I have worked and work now I would be more concerned for whats outside than what I would vape inside from the info i have.Cant win them all but social acceptance is on the rise.When people see me with my Vapor King they know what it is and think its great.When I give them the benifits list they are astounded.Like no litter,smell,smoke breath,better breathing,health,burn holes in all you stuff, cars clothes etc.The list goes on and on........I dont stir the pot to much as we have to promote it properly until it becomes the norm all over...Good Luck

The little stooge came and tried to apologize to me today. I have been aggressively snubbing him unless the job requires interaction in which case I have been over the top polite and P.C. with him. I think that along with the continuing jokes (My supervisor couldn't sleep all weekend with unbearable Doritos cravings) is starting to get to him.

The apology though was the equivalent of putting a band-aid on a knife wound in the back. He said he was sorry, and then tried to argue that it was the only right and proper way to handle his office problem by going to the boss. I told him that apologizing for something means that the person giving the apology is regretful of the action, wishes it hadn't been done, and/or would like to make the offense right, and since it didn't appear like any of those applied that I would graciously accept the apology with the same sincerity it was given. I think I used too many big words cuz then the little mouth breather tried to tell me how he didn't mean to cause trouble but that it wasn't fair to push something on him that he had quit years ago. I actually did bring up the nicotine in plants thing (any subfamily of nightshade: tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants), showed a studly result from a test done in New Zealand showing that the exhalation contained trace (if that) levels of nicotine, and suggested that the cravings were simply psychosomatic and not actually chemical, and also pointed out that he had not been shy about coming out on break to talk with the smokers. All he could say was "I know what I felt, you don't know how hard it was for me."

So I put my headphones back on and started ignoring him again. Didn't help my case much to get back to openly vaping at my desk, but it felt good to blow up a little, and it didn't sound like he was going to crack. Meh, I really don't mind going outside for my breaks, hell I've been doing that for years. Next time I order Juice I'm going to get some 0-nic and see if that's kosher with the boss and till then I can enjoy my breaks outside.

On a more plesant side note everyone else in my office is still way supportive and a few of the smokers have been asking me a lot of questions, so maybe I can get some converts! :thumbup:

I think that along with the continuing jokes (My supervisor couldn't sleep all weekend with unbearable Doritos cravings) is starting to get to him.

I lol'd.

EDIT: I suppose "I lol'd" isn't exactly a kosher post. I shall add some intelligent conversation:

I work part time in an office full of other part-timers all around my age (~20-30), so being new-age techy kids, we're all more interested in learning about vaping and possibly trying it, than bashing on it, even those that smoke. However, being a college-run department, there's no way we'd be able to vape inside, and I know we'd get called out in front of the department chair if any of the full timers saw us vaping.

On the other hand, I stepped out into the hallway to grab a quick stealth vape, in a small aclove the other day, and I was just about to turn the corner and walk back into the office with a mouthful of vapor and I almost ran right into my boss, who was entering the office. Awkwardly, my natural and immediate reaction was to say "hey", at which time I unintentionally expelled my whole mouthful of vapor. I'm not absolutely sure he actually saw this or not, as he was just rounding the corner to go into the office door, but I'm thinking he did. I couldn't really think of anything to do, so I just played it off by mumbling "vapor" and rubbing my chest like I had just been using some sort of inhaler for a chest cold or something :wacko: I figured it was believable since I called off work that Monday due to illness.

I'm sure he's too old-fashioned to know anything about e-cigs, but who knows what he thought. He did what he usually does in awkward or unpleasing situations and just went back to his desk and IM'd me some stuff to do. <_<

Edited by mmseng