Supplys In Local Stores. Possible?

Darrin

Hey I have a question on whether stores COULD stock juices and hardware.

we have a smoke shop coming in town here shortly that I suspect would carry juices if they were able to.

but i was wondering the legality of it.

I have seen the mall kiosks and the njoy in walgreens, but it would be nice to have a place to go locally if you run out of anything.

Hey I have a question on whether stores COULD stock juices and hardware.

we have a smoke shop coming in town here shortly that I suspect would carry juices if they were able to.

but i was wondering the legality of it.

I have seen the mall kiosks and the njoy in walgreens, but it would be nice to have a place to go locally if you run out of anything.

Some of the stores that sell over the net have storefronts so I would guess so. I would imagine it might vary state to state. So once again, I don't know but that hasn't stopped me from offering up an opinion!!! ;-)

Mike at Indy Vapor Shop sells his stuff at his coin shop. I've been there twice. It is completely legal.

Speaking of Indy - if you're a fan schizo (and other Indy fans) congrats on yesterday. We're Jet and Giant fans in this house, broke my heart. I'll post this over on the lounge so as t not hijack this thread. (oops - too late).

Edited by FTJoe

Speaking of Indy - if you're a fan schizo (and other Indy fans) congrats on yesterday. We're Jet and Giant fans in this house, broke my heart. I'll post this over on the lounge so as t not hijack this thread. (oops - too late).

I'm not really into sports but thank you anyway and I'm sorry that the Colts are going to win the Super Bowl. :D

We have lots of smoke shops around here, but for whatever reason you mention e-cigs or accessories and you get one of two looks: 1. you're an alien about to probe them or 2. a snarl, growl and mumbled response. I don't hang out much after that to offer any suggestions. Let me know the responses you get, maybe its just me and i do look like an alien...... :alien:

There is no reason you can't have a store front. There are some counties that forbid it and California is working hard (senator corbett) to make sure that doesn't happen but currently there is nothing wrong with it. Must smoke shops choose not to carry the items 1. Due to customs issues 2. Not a large enough market just yet. :)

There is no reason you can't have a store front. There are some counties that forbid it and California is working hard (senator corbett) to make sure that doesn't happen but currently there is nothing wrong with it. Must smoke shops choose not to carry the items 1. Due to customs issues 2. Not a large enough market just yet. :)

Well I for one would love to see it in more stores and not have to wait for the USPS.

Chris...if you ever deceide to open up some Vapor Talk stores, I'd be happy to run one for you here in Annapolis,Md.

Soooo...before I get out my pen and paper and proceed to send Senator Corbett and nasty little letter, could I get more clarification? Is he or is he not in favor of ecigs and/or store front selling of products? Forgive me for asking but I'm old, dammit! :> Thanks!

We have lots of smoke shops around here, but for whatever reason you mention e-cigs or accessories and you get one of two looks: 1. you're an alien about to probe them or 2. a snarl, growl and mumbled response. I don't hang out much after that to offer any suggestions. Let me know the responses you get, maybe its just me and i do look like an alien...... alien.gif

LOL! I can't say whether you look like an alien, but I do know most tobaconists around here are dried-up sour old goats like the antique dealers. (Who also smoke like fiends.) No surprise they wouldn't take kindly to some newfangled danged Chinee invention. "Buncha commies!" they'd say.

Maybe a good solid -probe!- would do them some good...

In seriousness, I'm sure it's mostly a volume issue at this point. Besides my brother who vacilates between his e cig and analogs every couple of days, I'm the only person I've ever seen outside my home using one. You'd sure never get fresh juice under conditions like that. Probably time will do it, assuming the FDA keeps its fat head out of our lives. Once American know-how kicks in, this industry is going to take off like a rocket!

I don't know how it is where you guys are, but here in Utah, I actually think they they might sell well in a store front here. In the state of the Mormons anything that is on the fringe of social norms tends to go way overboard. for instance I don't think I have been in a smoke shop here that didn't have a "glass pipe" and "water pipe" (along with all the "body cleansing" supplement) collections that took up as much if not way more shelf space than the ciggys and accessories. Most also carry extensive hookah and shisha product. Like all things it comes down to a choice, some people are always gonna want the visceral appeal of breathing fire, and others are gonna wise up and vape. The biggest problem is that except for some minor ad's on satilight radio, there isn't alot of advertising for these so they mostly spread by word of mouth, I know I didn't take the idea seriously until I had actually held one in my hand. I imagine that It wouldn't be hard to find a niccy fiend working the counter at a smoke shop that would love to have something to puff on while jocking the register, and that would lead to questions, which would lead to converts. If any of the suppliers would hit up the bars about throwing up a few posters around the smoking area of local hot spots that would undoubtedly generate interest, at least get people looking into it.

Edited by Gweetus

What it kinda comes down to is that vaping is still a skitish subject, especially with the FDA trying to bury it. Going mainstream, putting ads in smoking areas, if a supplier could find an open minded bar owner and set up a demo stand on the smoking patio (or better and more effective IN the bar), kinda throwing it in peoples faces, in a nice "why NOT vape instead?" kinda way... mor about answering questions instead of letting the misconceptions continue.

Anyways... I got some business cards with my order from E-N-S so I would guess Jason has a some kinda physical presence in the state, Ima have to drop in next time I'm out to Salt Lake, but yeah I think here, at least, it would sell. I don't know about enough to have a Vape exclusive shop (though smoking anywhere and the mall kiosks seem to be pulling it off), but getting in with the smoke/head shops it could work. I think if more smoke shop owners knew how Vaping kinda turns a habit into a hobby with people increasing their gear and e-juice stock constantly, they would be a little more interested, if as a business move if nothing else. (lol had to split my post, i talk too much)

Edited by Gweetus

Yes..... was over on arno's site the other day and the ecig kits page was empty...

main page said it was a customs hold.

Today "Due to Customs Holds on our Stock, we are out of DSE901 Starter kits."

SO... it seems customs is still not always easy it sounds like.