Anyone Here A Gamer?

Just curious if any of you guys play video games and what kinds you like. I am psyched for Mass Effect 2 coming out soon. RPG goodness. I'm a dork, but hey! :geek: Also, there are way too many decent looking games coming out this year. My poor pocket book! I'm eyeballin' Bioshock 2, Splinter cell, Dante's Inferno, Final Fantasy 13 and more. GAH!

I love PC games, but lately have been playing more console games. Bioshock 2 looks promising, I don't know that it can surpass the original, but if it even lives up to it it's gonna be a great game. COD MW2 has great multiplayer, but I found the storyline to be disappointing when compared to the original Modern Warfare. To me it was like Michael Mann made the original and Michael Bay did the sequel. Final Fantasy is definitely looking good, and just went gold status for the worldwide release so it should make it's March debut here in the US. I'm really looking forward to God of War III, as well as Heavy Rain. Also hoping M.A.G. shapes up to be everything we've been told it could be (I play PS3 most of the time if you haven't figured it out yet). Hit me up anytime you want to talk game!

Huge NERD myself! Games im currently playing are Phantasy Star Universe (xbox360), World of warcraft (on and off) CODMW2 (who isnt playing this game) and Gran Turismo/ Phantasy star portable for PSP.

Games i cant wait to snag when they come out are: Star Wars: The Old republic (dude cant wait), Mass Effect 2 (Freakin loved the 1st one), FF13, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2 to name a few.

Games ive played......lets not go there lol!

All time favorite game is: Final Fantasy 7! :smoke:

Huge NERD myself! Games im currently playing are Phantasy Star Universe (xbox360), World of warcraft (on and off) CODMW2 (who isnt playing this game) and Gran Turismo/ Phantasy star portable for PSP.

Games i cant wait to snag when they come out are: Star Wars: The Old republic (dude cant wait), Mass Effect 2 (Freakin loved the 1st one), FF13, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2 to name a few.

Games ive played......lets not go there lol!

All time favorite game is: Final Fantasy 7! :smoke:

I played WoW for years, finally I had to just throw in the towel. Mostly because I just don't have the ability to make the time commitment due to my job, on top of that it just started feeling like work to me. Log in, do dailies and grind faction rep, raid, a little PvP, rinse and repeat. Also I was tired of seeing things I had worked hard to achieve (or their equivalent) just be given away to people for honor points (which they probably earned while AFK) 6 months later. It's funny but I don't miss it even a little bit.

FF7 was amazing! Not sure I'd put it as my #1 of all time, but it's definitely at the top of the list.

I played WoW for years, finally I had to just throw in the towel. Mostly because I just don't have the ability to make the time commitment due to my job, on top of that it just started feeling like work to me. Log in, do dailies and grind faction rep, raid, a little PvP, rinse and repeat. Also I was tired of seeing things I had worked hard to achieve (or their equivalent) just be given away to people for honor points (which they probably earned while AFK) 6 months later. It's funny but I don't miss it even a little bit.

FF7 was amazing! Not sure I'd put it as my #1 of all time, but it's definitely at the top of the list.

Yep i had 4 70's back when BC first came out, i was the 4th BE pally to reach 70 on my server. BC IMO was the best expansion for WOW. I agree with you, AFK'ers ruined the pvp system and it got freakin exhausting grinding AV for honor. I did love the arena though! I had some mean teams man. My 3's was 2100+ Rank and my 2's was 2k+. My S3 Arena gear after it was all socketed and enchanted was better than most PVE sets lol, at least in certain aspects. Though i do miss the ol tier farming and the easy money in BC. I used to sell the Armani Warbear mount for 10k a shot. Me and my buds would make 1k+ a day pretty much selling bears and tier pieces. Also the dailies was a awesome addition to making oodles of money, remember the simon says game in blades edge? Lol, fun stuff.

Right now on WOTLK i have a 80 DK and a 79 hunter ive been working on. Need to get my old toons up to speed eventually ;) Check out my DK WoW Armory

Edited by Sinikal

Yep i had 4 70's back when BC first came out, i was the 4th BE pally to reach 70 on my server. BC IMO was the best expansion for WOW. I agree with you, AFK'ers ruined the pvp system and it got freakin exhausting grinding AV for honor. I did love the arena though! I had some mean teams man. My 3's was 2100+ Rank and my 2's was 2k+. My S3 Arena gear after it was all socketed and enchanted was better than most PVE sets lol, at least in certain aspects. Though i do miss the ol tier farming and the easy money in BC. I used to sell the Armani Warbear mount for 10k a shot. Me and my buds would make 1k+ a day pretty much selling bears and tier pieces. Also the dailies was a awesome addition to making oodles of money, remember the simon says game in blades edge? Lol, fun stuff.

Right now on WOTLK i have a 80 DK and a 79 hunter ive been working on. Need to get my old toons up to speed eventually ;) Check out my DK WoW Armory

Nice toon, I do miss aspects of the game, mainly playing with some of my friends that I no longer live close to. What I don't miss is the immaturity that the game seems to breed. Adults acting like spoiled children, and don't even get me started on the kids! There were times I even considered setting up a private server to play with my friends on, but that would defeat much of the point of the game itself, and would have taken more effort than I cared to expend. Diablo 3 will be the closest Blizzard gets me to come back to that WoW, despite the nagging phone calls from old friends and guild mates that won't shut up about how I need to give it another shot, or at least log in and give them all my gold!

If you like shooters you'd probably like Bioshock. It's really good imho. I never did try the COD games, but I always hear good things about them.

Ya - played it, but more and more I'm into the on-line multi-player, campaign is fine, but I'm kind of addicted to the COD deathmatch. MW2 is freaking awesome, I don't even really like Halo anymore, I'll do the campaigns, but not on-line multi-player. Once I finish a campaign, I'm done.

the nagging phone calls from old friends and guild mates that won't shut up about how I need to give it another shot, or at least log in and give them all my gold!

LOL :hrhr: Thats funny, i remember when i quit after BC waiting for WOTLK to come out i would get Txt messages all the time from my guild, "DOOD CAN I BOT UR TOONZ 4 R RAIDZ?!" Lol freakin annoying.

LOL @jeffb Wii bowling... :clap:

My gaming was more advanced than Pong. I did Lounge Lizard Larry. Also Bard's tale. But RolePlay kinda lost it's shine for me some time before online gaming began.

Second Life has role play SECTIONS, and I guess you could say I role play being a rock star in Second Life, but um.... Nah.

There are folks there that do tho... I know when I'm in one of those simulators cuz I get a cute little health heart LOL.

Mostly I talk, I sing, and that's pretty much it. Between that and the REAL life, it's plenty hehe

I'm a pro on Wii bowling. :lol:

Too funny jeffb!! I love Wii bowling!!

Definitely a gamer over here!! Have just about every system....I even got my SNES up and running a few months back!! I like 360 the best and then the Wii :) Wii is fun to play with a group!! I play PC games too!! (Guild Wars, Age of Empire/Age of Mythology series, Zoo Tycoon...yes I said Zoo Tycoon!!) I think we are all a bunch of geeks on here!! I love it!!

Ofortuna73 on the 360 if you want a friend!!

Never been much into the shooter games, but love adventure games. I still remember plaing Zork on DOS. Been hooked on that genre every since. Also like stuff like Zues. Loved Warcraft for a few years, but gave it up after staying up for a few nights all night. :|

Ohhhh the Princess has jokes now LOL!!!! harhar.gif

Oh excuse me but the Princess has always been a prankster. Just a patient prankster Princess awaiting for the perfect opportunity.

The Letter of the Day is "P" as in Perfect Patient Prankster Princess devil.gif

Edited by Vacker1229

ooh we got some rpgers among us. Speaking of FF 7 I wish they'd really do a remake for PS3. That whole tech spec movie was such a tease!!!! I can't wait for FF 13 I already have it pre-ordered lmao I was playing wow on and off for a whole but I just didn't have the time to keep up with it so I pretty much just do console games and the sims on pc :P... OH! heavy rain does also look like it will be good. I'm also interested in the last guardian. AAAHHH so many games, so little time! :D:dribble:

Never been much into the shooter games, but love adventure games. I still remember plaing Zork on DOS. Been hooked on that genre every since. Also like stuff like Zues. Loved Warcraft for a few years, but gave it up after staying up for a few nights all night. :|

Okay - I have to ask. Was Zork with or without graphics? I'm talking early 80s, it was called adventur (that's not a typo, there was no 'e' as it had to be under 8 chars), definitely no graphics. it was all text based, you needed an imagination for that. I busted open the executable so I could finish the darn thing...cheating or innovative? I don't judge, nor should you. ;-)

Okay - I have to ask. Was Zork with or without graphics? I'm talking early 80s, it was called adventur (that's not a typo, there was no 'e' as it had to be under 8 chars), definitely no graphics. it was all text based, you needed an imagination for that. I busted open the executable so I could finish the darn thing...cheating or innovative? I don't judge, nor should you. ;-)

That would be the one. No graphics. :thumbsup: Damn thing drove me crazy!

Zoo Tycoon!!

Ofortuna73 on the 360 if you want a friend!!

Zoo Tycoon? Really? Serious...ignore previous post, I guess I do judge. Kidding.

Gamertag on 360 is FTJoe, see previous post re how old I am, had that handle forever out on the web. Again, I only play MW2 and I don't mic up, I leave that for the kids. I'm proud of my KDR, 1.35, was 1.37 30 minutes ago, ouch. But as my son points out, I'll load up with noob tubes, the Scar or M16, whatever it takes. His KDR is 1.6 and change, it's scary watching him play, he's pretty good.

That would be the one. No graphics. :thumbsup: Damn thing drove me crazy!

Loved that game, played it at work instead of working. Was really sucked into it. summer of 1982 I believe is when I found it.

Here's a blast from the past...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

And if you want to play again...

http://www.rickadams.org/adventure/e_downloads.html

maps and walkthroughs on the left (man I wish I had those)

• 9 months later...

Just curious if any of you guys play video games and what kinds you like. I am psyched for Mass Effect 2 coming out soon. RPG goodness. I'm a dork, but hey! :geek: Also, there are way too many decent looking games coming out this year. My poor pocket book! I'm eyeballin' Bioshock 2, Splinter cell, Dante's Inferno, Final Fantasy 13 and more. GAH!

I play World of Warcraft. When I'm not playing World of Warcraft, I think about World of Warcraft. So, yea... thats what i do lol