My Perspective Of 100 Days Using E-Cigarettes.

Todd

Hi my name is Todd, I am a 44-year-old male from the South that grew up around smoking/smokers. So I was exposed to that type of atmosphere when smoking was used in advertising, on TV shows, billboards and print. This was the golden era of the Marlboro Man and looking cool smoking. So when I started to smoke at the age of 15 it was not a surprise to my parents or anyone else, I was just falling into line with society. I continued to smoke for years even when it became uncool into the 90's and 2000's. Even when my father died from lung cancer at the age of 63 I continued to smoke. I can give many excuses for continuing to do what I did, what so many others did, but I won't because there is no valid reason.

People are creatures of familiar things and habits. In my era, I grew up thinking it was OK to smoke. I was encouraged to do something that was detrimental to my health through advertising, TV, print, etc. Thankfully, today it is a different atmosphere with a health conscious society. E-Cigarettes are a better alternative and just the next evolution of something that is bad. Kinda like cars were 25 years ago when they were not as safe as they are today. Someone has made something better and safer.

I am not stating that E-Cigarettes are good for you. I am telling you from my own personal experience that they are a whole lot better for you than smoking and there are many others that use P V's that would say the same. There are some noticeable health benefits that I have gained in my 100 days of E-Cig vaping. The most obvious is that I am growing my hair back; yes hair (on my head). I asked my doctor what could possibly be causing this. He stated that regular cigarettes cause circulation to slow down in the body by reducing the size of the blood vessels. I am not smoking any longer and I have better circulation throughout my body. Another thing is that I don't cough in the morning or at night for that matter. The first few weeks after using E-Cigs I did start coughing, but that was part of a transition of my lungs expelling all the bad stuff. Kinda like walking into a steam room and taking a breath. You cough, but it's a good cough. I don't have sinus issues any longer. Before E-cigarettes I could count on a sinus issue every other month.

Have I wanted another Cigarette?

Surprisingly, no I haven't. I was a smoker for 30 years and I have been very satisfied switching to Electronic Cigarettes. There was a slight learning curve when I first started to use Electronic Cigarettes. The way that you hold one, getting used to the fact that there is nothing is burning, no ashtrays, no ashes, and no lighters to keep up with. After the first week it was second nature. I really did not want to quit smoking but I had to do something for my health and my wallet. I believe that most people who vape don't really want to give up what makes them comfortable and E-Cigs are the answer to that.

Just my 2c

:smoke:

Excellent to see your reports on your health. Im only 10 days in, so I haven't actually noticed any improvements other than the fact that bad odors are REALLY bad now, lol! Cant wait till I can add a 3rd digit to my quit date :) Keep up the good work!

I am a noob to the whole vaping thing, but it seems to be going well so far. And I'm not biting the heads off chickens like I do when actually quitting.......INCLUDING when I was on the patch. Go figure. LOL

So maybe my thin lifeless hair (I used to have nice thick shiny hair) will be nicer ..... at least the part that isn't gray - interesting idea.

You know the coughing and the additional sinus problems and all are related to the cigarettes of course. But I never really thought about things like circulation and other things.

Great post, I must agree.

Teri