Really Stupid Noob Question

Phaseman66

Something just occurred to me

I'm switching from an Njoy Npro up to a Passthrough from VaporTalk.

I plan on dripping right into the atty and here's my question:

Since I won't be using a cart anymore, will I need some kind of 'mouthpiece' to vape from the atty? and will it come with my Passthough?

That would kind of bite to get it and not be able to use it right away.

Hi Phaseman, the VP/PT does not come with an atomizer. You will need to buy either a 801,510 0r 901. The PT somes standard with the 801 threads. If you want to use a 510 or 901 you will need to get the adapter. My personal prference is the 801(302) some others here love the 510.

Hi Phaseman, the VP/PT does not come with an atomizer. You will need to buy either a 801,510 0r 901. The PT somes standard with the 801 threads. If you want to use a 510 or 901 you will need to get the adapter. My personal prference is the 801(302) some others here love the 510.

Thanks jeffb,

I did order a 3 pack of 501 attys and the 501 adapter so I'm covered there, I'm worried though as the cartridge on my Npro used to be what went into your mouth to inhale from, will I be inhaling right from the atty now? or will I need an empty cart or something to use to inhale from?

(told you it was a dumb question) ;)

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Phaseman66

Thanks jeffb,

I did order a 3 pack of 501 attys and the 501 adapter so I'm covered there, I'm worried though as the cartridge on my Npro used to be what went into your mouth to inhale from, will I be inhaling right from the atty now? or will I need an empty cart or something to use to inhale from?

(told you it was a dumb question) ;)

Thanks again for your help.

Sorry I'm a little dense. I understand your question now. The 510 atty's that you bought will come with the mouthpiece. Sounds like you'll be set to go when you receive it. Let us know how you like it. Or should I say how you love it. :D

The 510 atty's that you bought will come with the mouthpiece.

That's great news! Thanks a lot!

I was picturing myself with a little. round scorch mark right in the middle of my mouth.

Try to believe it Phaseman, there are no dumb questions; always feel free to ask anything here. And don't worry if you forgot you already asked it and everyone answered; they'll just answer you again. whistle.gifinnocent.gif

And just to fill in where others probably have never gone, if you ever get tired of pulling off the tip or cart to drip and putting it back on every few drags, you can just 'tailpipe' it without the tip. You won't get burned. ;) But it's not exactly comfortable.

I've only used 801s, have some 510s on the way. I'm looking forward to making my personal definitive decision which I like best... There sure are a lot of fine people who swear by their 510s.

By the way, I didn't notice how many posts you'd made but I didn't recognize your ID - so let me just say, Welcome! I'm always late to the table to welcome folks here. You found a great place.

you can just 'tailpipe' it without the tip. You won't get burned. ;) But it's not exactly comfortable.

Have you felt how hot the 510 atty gets on a PT? I wouldn't recomend doing that. :no

Also, if you're direct dripping you can trim off quite a bit of the bottem of cart and that makes it much easier to remove (and also keeps the end from melting).

Edited by Brian

Have you felt how hot the 510 atty gets on a PT? I wouldn't recomend doing that. :no

Also, if you're direct dripping you can trim off quite a bit of the bottem of cart and that makes it much easier to remove (and also keeps the end from melting).

Actually, no - no 510s yet. But they're on the way. Tell you what; I'll just take your word for it and leave the tip in it. Okay? ouch.gif Thankfully I bet our friend Phaseman will too. Whew.

I've tried both using the cart-less tip that comes on the atty, and trimming off the white plastic. Either is fine. But I'm just lazy and haven't had the melting problem with 801s. Maybe that's more a 510 thing? I guess I'm going to find out pretty soon.

Thanks for saving Phaseman some potential grief Brian!

Actually, no - no 510s yet. But they're on the way. Tell you what; I'll just take your word for it and leave the tip in it. Okay? ouch.gif Thankfully I bet our friend Phaseman will too. Whew.

I've tried both using the cart-less tip that comes on the atty, and trimming off the white plastic. Either is fine. But I'm just lazy and haven't had the melting problem with 801s. Maybe that's more a 510 thing? I guess I'm going to find out pretty soon.

I melted the 801 carts with my VP/PT. I only used the 510 briefly with it, then switched to the 801 and have never gone back. But in the short time I used the 510, I didn't melt it. I melted through the white parts on all but one of my carts before finding out I could remove the white part. But I even melted part of the black on a couple of them before figuring it out.

Hi nana, I'm having a hard time visualizing how an 801 can melt? The only plastic part on my 801(302) is about 3/4" from the atty, the rest of the atomizer casing is metal. Are there different size 801's where the plastic tip is close to the atty? This is an honest question, I'm curious. :iiam:

Edited to add: No response needed I looked around and found a pic showing the white cartridge you are talking about. My 801 came without the cartridge so I had no idea what you were talking about. Please go about your business. Nothing to see here. :lol:

Edited by jeffb

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

I really appreciate all the help before my PT even gets here.

I'd hate to have a 'meltdown' on my maiden voyage with it.

:unworthy:

You all reign supremely.

You will Love your VP !!!! Always good be armed with as much info as possible, ask away !! somebody will have an answer. I very much second the --do not try to use a 510 atty without a cart--blisters are not fun on the lips. the 510's get pretty hot, fast. dripping with a blank cart works very well.

Happy vaping

Any time! The 510 atty is only about 1/2 as tall as the 801/302. Less room for heat dissipation I guess. :nuke:

Edited by Brian

Hi nana, I'm having a hard time visualizing how an 801 can melt? The only plastic part on my 801(302) is about 3/4" from the atty, the rest of the atomizer casing is metal. Are there different size 801's where the plastic tip is close to the atty? This is an honest question, I'm curious. :iiam:

Edited to add: No response needed I looked around and found a pic showing the white cartridge you are talking about. My 801 came without the cartridge so I had no idea what you were talking about. Please go about your business. Nothing to see here. :lol:

LMAO @ jeffb

I'm just glad you found the picture. Otherwise you might like I'm crazy. Or crazier than you thought I was.

I would also highly recommend using the 801 atty's on the passthru as well.

801's seem to "perform" much better at that higher voltage.

Dayvape, thanks to you and The Green for the advice on attys, I think will order up a set of 801's with my next purchase from the Vaportalk store. I'm loving the vapor from the 510, but I am willing to give most anything a try once especially if it's working well for my fellow forum-ites.

Thanks again to The Green and Dayvape for the helpful advice. :unworthy:

And just to fill in where others probably have never gone, if you ever get tired of pulling off the tip or cart to drip and putting it back on every few drags, you can just 'tailpipe' it without the tip. You won't get burned. ;) But it's not exactly comfortable.

"Tailpipe it" I love it! Add that to the vapor's wiki for sure! And, yes, I do that somethings when I'm lazy. Better on an 801, though.

"Tailpipe it" I love it! Add that to the vapor's wiki for sure! And, yes, I do that somethings when I'm lazy. Better on an 801, though.

:D I recently got my first 510s, and based on Brian's recommendation - I have not tried it on them yet! ;)

Dayvape, thanks to you and The Green for the advice on attys, I think will order up a set of 801's with my next purchase from the Vaportalk store. I'm loving the vapor from the 510, but I am willing to give most anything a try once especially if it's working well for my fellow forum-ites.

Thanks again to The Green and Dayvape for the helpful advice. :unworthy:

No problem! You will love them on the VPPT.

• 2 weeks later...

But I even melted part of the black on a couple of them before figuring it out.

You were SO right nana, I ended up seeing tiny little melt marks on mine (the black part) and ended up trimming them down just a bit. Thanks for the tip (no pun intended), I was watching for it as a result. Melted plastic wouldn't taste too good. Not to mention probably ruining my atty.

Another trick you can try with the 510 that I do, is I direct drip, but with the xtra carts that i got, i take the filler out of them so that way it makes it like the blank cart that came with the atty. Just take like a toothpick or paperclip and poke at it and pull it up, then grab it with your fingers and pull it out. It will all come out in one clump so its not messy at all (unless you've previously filled it :wallbash:) then drip put the cart on and NJOY!!!