A Newbie With An Ego

Uma

oops, that should read eMoticons..not eNoticons lol.

Ethan at Jantyworld is sending me a new atty to replace one I broke. Silly me. It was a great atty too let me tell ya. How did it break you might ask? Well, being stuck across the river without the internet, and not knowing how long before the river receded enough to cross, I panicked. I was so afraid that I would break my atty by not maintaining it properly, so I simmered up some distilled and did the hot water trick. It worked beautifully as usual the next day and then it just up and died. Dead as a doornail. :crybaby: I repeated the steps. Nada. I didn't think to prime it with a few drops first. Maybe that's what killed it. Anyway, Ethan felt for me and is sending a replacement. :animier: He also mentioned to me that Liquid of any type never seems to work very well for him either, and it's best to just put the atty upside down on a paper towel and drain it good every now and then. (plus blow out the excess eJuice). Words I'll live by from now on with this type of atty anyway. What a horrorible ordeal that was.

(thank goodness I had bought an extra atty when I got my kit!).

Hubby made me a neat eGo holder out of some old fittings and a predator call. (my eGo is well balanced and stands on the desktop, but my home and tabletop are wobbly). Love it!

I made a photo album and included a pic of it.

My carts hold an avg of 10 drops. There was one time it took a whopping amount of drops, but come to find out the drip was going back into the bottle. lol

Off to research the Facial Scrub Pad Buff Puff cart filler stuffing technique. Sounds like a great alternative to fluval and the typical cart stuffing.

Edited by Uma

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks now since beginning this amazing journey into the land of non-smoking tobacco products. (it's still amazes me that I'm a NON-SMOKER!).

Ethan at Jantyworld sent my replacement atty right away. It arrived before I ever got a chance to send the broken one back. Great service to go along with their great product! It wasn't even their products fault that the atty broke... the fault was all mine. Yet they still replaced it. Thank you guys!!!

Camping with my Janty eGo has been a cinch. JeffB and Chris (thanks guys!!) immediatly answered my emergency "code: yesterday!!" post asking if the batteries can be topped off or if I'd have to wait until they were dead. I topped off the battery while packing up and then took off for hibernation just in time. (low water bridge).

At home, my battery charger is a jeep with a black & decker inverter gadget Hubby hooked up in the passenger seat for me. The eGo's batteries last me an avg of 8 hours each, which means I only have to run out in the rain 2x a day. I have to feed the critters, so it works quite beautifully for me. Plus I can top one off before dark! lol, yeah, I know, still afraid of the dark after all these years.

When I read at night, I use a headlamp (an elastic headband with an L.E.D. light attached). The vapor is amazing in that light... I'm very entertained. :) Also, when the light hits the eGo, the silver bands turns into deep blue metallic color and the smokey button turns into a jewel, a diamond. I don't know if it's because of my surroundings or what, but I thought I'd share the newfound surprise. Pretty cool.

I've ordered and recieved even more eliquids and will continue purchasing a little of everything each payday until I need one of those fancy travelling sheds Nana is so crazy about. :thumbsup:

For backups I hope to get another eGo set, a maHmba, a carlos juice box, a joker, a joye510, a silver bullet, vp2 with purple lights, .... and the new BabyJ with a tessla filter.

Tesla filter. eGo. Oh what a trip!

I wasn't going to start dripping my ejuice yet, but I did... and yes it's great that way too.

All in all, this ecig is amazing. If I can quit smoking analogs, then I know YOU can. (whoever you are). I've tried the hypnotist, paxil pills, nicorette, the what in the heck is in the adhesive on those patches, the oj trick, the scare tactic tricks, the support buddy,.... nothing worked until I got my ecig. Amazing contraption.

Time to close this thread. Thanks to everyone here at the forum and at Jantyworld. You rock!

I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!!!

It's been a few weeks now since beginning this amazing journey into the land of non-smoking tobacco products. (it's still amazes me that I'm a NON-SMOKER!).

Ethan at Jantyworld sent my replacement atty right away. It arrived before I ever got a chance to send the broken one back. Great service to go along with their great product! It wasn't even their products fault that the atty broke... the fault was all mine. Yet they still replaced it. Thank you guys!!!

Camping with my Janty eGo has been a cinch. JeffB and Chris (thanks guys!!) immediatly answered my emergency "code: yesterday!!" post asking if the batteries can be topped off or if I'd have to wait until they were dead. I topped off the battery while packing up and then took off for hibernation just in time. (low water bridge).

At home, my battery charger is a jeep with a black & decker inverter gadget Hubby hooked up in the passenger seat for me. The eGo's batteries last me an avg of 8 hours each, which means I only have to run out in the rain 2x a day. I have to feed the critters, so it works quite beautifully for me. Plus I can top one off before dark! lol, yeah, I know, still afraid of the dark after all these years.

When I read at night, I use a headlamp (an elastic headband with an L.E.D. light attached). The vapor is amazing in that light... I'm very entertained. :) Also, when the light hits the eGo, the silver bands turns into deep blue metallic color and the smokey button turns into a jewel, a diamond. I don't know if it's because of my surroundings or what, but I thought I'd share the newfound surprise. Pretty cool.

I've ordered and recieved even more eliquids and will continue purchasing a little of everything each payday until I need one of those fancy travelling sheds Nana is so crazy about. :thumbsup:

For backups I hope to get another eGo set, a maHmba, a carlos juice box, a joker, a joye510, a silver bullet, vp2 with purple lights, .... and the new BabyJ with a tessla filter.

Tesla filter. eGo. Oh what a trip!

I wasn't going to start dripping my ejuice yet, but I did... and yes it's great that way too.

All in all, this ecig is amazing. If I can quit smoking analogs, then I know YOU can. (whoever you are). I've tried the hypnotist, paxil pills, nicorette, the what in the heck is in the adhesive on those patches, the oj trick, the scare tactic tricks, the support buddy,.... nothing worked until I got my ecig. Amazing contraption.

Time to close this thread. Thanks to everyone here at the forum and at Jantyworld. You rock!

I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!!!

This is such good news, Uma. I'm so happy for you!

From the sounds of it, you're going to need one of those sheds, too.

• 9 months later...

Uma and others,

This was just a delightful thread! I honestly don't know how I stumbled on it but I feel as though I've been reading my grandmother's diary as she crossed the country in the late 1800's. Talk of no electricity, heavy storms, hunkering down, others worrying about you, low bridges....what a GREAT movie has played in my head and a strange warmth has flooded my heart. Oh and as an added bonus, great info on the Ego. PLEASE continue the updates! I can't wait to read the next chapter in this e book while I'm vaping with my e-cigs.

• 11 months later...

Sorry I didn't see your post until just now, Bahamasboy. (gosh I hope I didn't miss any others, so sorry if I did!).

That's so cool that it was like a movie for you. I don't know what to add, except that the eGo stayed beside me, never let me down. I went on to collecting more of them, including eGo PT, upon Nana's great advice about having backups. The eGo is so fast to charge which is important in my neck of the woods, plus it lasts me a good 6-8 hours. I've since also included into my off-grid collection a black Silver Bullet, Reo Grand, Copper Q2R3(sp), Old Goat BF, a beautiful pink ivory Mark Mod, and just recently a Volt kit. The Volt is good for those going out on the town days, not necessarily for off grid living. Still, it's a sweet one for my collection.

We've also acquired 3 huge Array solar panels and the huge batterys for storing the energy. We turn our power off at night to conserve as much as possible for those weeks without sun, and so far it's working nicely.

We also now have a laptop (asus) with a good 6-8 hr battery life and the internet service hooked up. (fiber optic).

We hope to start building some kind of home this summer. Perhaps a strawbale, perhaps a flexible rammed earth, ... we're still studying and debating.

The eCig is awesome, and I'm still excited about it even after all this time. I'm still dumbfounded whenever I see a review of someone sticking a pen in their mouth and blowing out vapor. It still doesn't want to compute. But it's real. It really works, and with fantastic flavors.

Congrats on switching over to vaping!!! It's success stories like yours that warms MY heart. My heart is very warm today. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines