Looking For A Portable Power Supply For Vp Pt

Wolf

Is there a portable power supply that will make the VP PT rip like when it's plugged into the wall? I've plugged it into a usb cigarette lighter that's 5v 2000mah but it isn't even close. Hawk said someone posted about this, but I can't find it.

I've spent some time looking for a battery pack with 5V 2A output, and have come up short for the most part. I've seen some fairly expensive battery packs that might work, but I don't think it's worth the money to take a chance and find out. At this point I think the best answer is build it yourself with inexpensive rechargeable batteries and simple circuitry. Maybe it won't be as pretty as a mass manufactured item, but I'm sure you could do it without much technical knowledge or skill (not implying that you lack either).

Check out the "Written Review" section. A power pack is mentioned. http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/3481-pv-pt-and-the-apc-power-pack/page__pid__28967__st__0&#entry28967

I beleive that the car adapter at 2000 mAh which is 2 amps should be equal to the wall adapter.I have yet to see a wall adapter that is greater than 2 amps.I have saw where some rich people use a lab power supply with adjustable voltage 0-30 VDC and adjustable amperage 0-10 amps.A person could destroy some atty's playing with one of those.Go to the local Interstate battery location and they should be able to hook you up with a 6 volt gel acid battery which should kick pretty good and be less than $30.00.Or you could order one online.

Edited by mcquinn

Interstate Battery is a good idea, I hadn't thought about them. Thanks mcquinn!

While we're on the subject I followed up on H3VAPER's thread suggesting the portable power pack. I haven't been able to find its output rating (unless 10 watt hours helps) but it sure seems like a viable option for making the VP PT (or any PT) more portable. I looked on eBay, naturally. Since there's a newer model they're pretty cheap; around $30, which is a whole heckuva lot cheaper than buying a whole 5V mod. Just nowhere near as convenient... ;)

Anyway, here (possibly) is an eBay search string:

APC Mobile Power Pack

I'd be interested in hearing whether others think this would work, as I'm really considering snagging one. Thanks!

Is there a portable power supply that will make the VP PT rip like when it's plugged into the wall? I've plugged it into a usb cigarette lighter that's 5v 2000mah but it isn't even close. Hawk said someone posted about this, but I can't find it.

I use the APC power pack.. Works great and lasts a long time.. I think it works better than useing the usb port on my pc.. You can get them on ebay.. There around 20.00. Not bad for freedom of use.. ANYWERE

• 2 months later...

Interstate Battery is a good idea, I hadn't thought about them. Thanks mcquinn!

While we're on the subject I followed up on H3VAPER's thread suggesting the portable power pack. I haven't been able to find its output rating (unless 10 watt hours helps) but it sure seems like a viable option for making the VP PT (or any PT) more portable. I looked on eBay, naturally. Since there's a newer model they're pretty cheap; around $30, which is a whole heckuva lot cheaper than buying a whole 5V mod. Just nowhere near as convenient... ;)

Anyway, here (possibly) is an eBay search string:

APC Mobile Power Pack

I'd be interested in hearing whether others think this would work, as I'm really considering snagging one. Thanks!

I have the apc upb10 ($21 shipped) It is 10 watts which is equal to 1600mah. not quite 2 amps but it works great with my PT. Vaped all day and some the previous night and still had juice left. It looks a little silly and attracts attention having a wire coming out of your pocket to your mouth and vapor pouring out but it was nice not to have to worry about batteries.

My PT is not the VP PT. in case that matters.

Edited by haft2doit