Vp Pt – First Impression

ddavelarsen

This is not a review as I'm just too new at this to think I have the chops to do an actual review of anything, and this wonderful device has been reviewed out the wazoo already. But I'm so pleased I just wanted to offer my first impression.

Physicality

Is that a word? I think so. The VP PT is, quite simply, beautiful. With an 801 on it, it's long and slender and seriously classy. The light show is stupendous, and the ring of dots at the atty end was a pleasant surprise. The LED lights up my entire hand when I hit the switch, which invariably makes me grin; the blue glow reminds me of those years lying on the couch in an alternate state, staring at blacklight posters. biggrin.gif Maybe it'll become commonplace, but for now the beautiful light is reason enough to hit the thing, regardless the huge clouds of vapor it produces. The cable is the perfect length, which is no small feat. It's just right to reach my chair from the plug on the floor, and can reach all over the car if my wife wants to share it. I can sit as far back from my computer as I like, and still vape comfortably. Yet it's not so long I trip over it. Nicely done.

Vapor Production

Wow! Voltage rules, there's no doubt about it. I put a spankin-new atty on this thing when I first cranked it up (I thought it deserved that) and this baby had that atty broken in in no time flat. I got huge vapor off the first hits, and fantastic throat hit. And by the time I had that atty cooking the flavor bloomed, matching the massive vapor. Nirvana! Voltage definitely matters; I can tell a distinct difference between the 5V from the wall or car adaptors vs the ~4V from my USB port. But not complaining! Even at USB levels, this baby kicks out the flavorful steam. It's a dream come true.

What Would I Change?

Not much, really. The only thing I haven't yet fully accommodated myself to is the stiffness of the cable. Because it's hefty for longevity (do you love alliteration too?), it's a bit stiff and I have to work against it somewhat to align the button and mouthpiece in my hand. Not a big deal. The button is the same as that used on other VP units, and should last a very long time. If I could wish for anything I wanted, it might be a larger button surface. But I'm picking nits.

There's no doubt that I'll be using this masterpiece for as long as I want – until something even better comes out, which I think is going to be a while. This is just too fine, so well made it will surely last as long as I want it too. All I need now is a couple more, so I don't have to transport it between home and my car and my desk at work. Maybe I could have one in every room, the way I do reading glasses. :)

More generally, I am convinced that I'm going for a 5 or 6V battery device soon. Portability is worthwhile and I now will never be satisfied with 3.7V of vapor. I've been perfectly happy with my VP2 until now but compared to the PT, it's a complete wimp. If there's a downside to getting my VP PT, it's that it really overshadows anything less. Is that a downside? No way.

(this discussion is dedicated to nana and kitsune, a pleasant cabal, truly)

Grats on the VP-PT Dave. I have fallen in love with mine as well, so much so I had to get a car adapter for it so I can take it when I have to drive around town for work. I'm glad to see someone else post that they break in attys super fast with th VP-PT as well, I have had the same experience myself. Here is a link to the car adapter I got in case you're interested. It's a little on the pricey side, but I promise it is extremely well built, it supplies the full 5V @ 2A that the AC adapter supplies, and it even has an extra Mini USB connection so I can charge my cell phone while I'm vaping my VP-PT.

http://www.target.com/Speck-Products-Roadduo-Car-Charger/dp/B00268BX3C

Again, congrats on the PT Dave!

Very well said, Dave. It does seem as though you may be impressed with your VP/PT. Hmmmm.

One of my very first thoughts about the pt - before getting it - was, but what if I love the 5V so much that the others just won't cut it any more. Yeah. And that's what happened. But, I'm still using my VP2. I'm alternating between it and the passthru. I want to stay used to the VP2 in case anything would happen to the pt and I wouldn't have it to use. This way I'm not completely spoiled. Of course if you ordered one for every room, one for the car, and one for work, you probably would never be without one, huh? Way to be prepared, Dave!! And I remember someone picking on me about having backups for my backups. LOL

I've also been wanting a more portable unit and have been looking at a lot of stuff. But now I want that 5 or 6 volt, too. From what I've seen it looks like the way to get that is to use the 2 CR's. I don't know too much about batteries, but I'm researching and making a list. Let me know if you find something.

CONGRATULATIONS on your vaping nirvana experiences!!!

Yeah, I've been sitting at my desk creating huge clouds of sweet vapor all morning and just loving it. :D Ahhh...

GDub, that looks like a really nice USP port. I did get the one VT store sells and while it's not as fancy as that, it sure works nice. I really think I need a PT just for my car too. ;)

Sorry Mark, I missed that - contest? Help me! I'm attention disabled or something...

Hey Dave. I think alot of people may have missed this. I will ask Christopher to repost. Check out this link if I can get it to work. http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/3254-vapor-talk-1-year-anniversary-contest/

Hey Dave. I think alot of people may have missed this. I will ask Christopher to repost. Check out this link if I can get it to work. http://www.vaportalk...ersary-contest/

Okay, cool man, yeah I remember that. Looks like I have a couple days left to get a picture too. I wonder if snow and vaping go together? Snow's about all you can see around here lately. :D Seriously, I'll give it some thought. That might be fun no matter what. Thanks for the heads up!

Good review Dave - glad you're liking it. Have you gone back to your VP2 yet? I'm actually still enjoying mine during the day, but definatly not feeling the TH with it like on the PT. A 5v portable will most likely be my next purchase.

Yeah Brian, I've used the VP2 since and it works okay though in comparison it's seriously wimpy. Even so, it gets the job done and most importantly, it's portable! Man I get tired of unplugging the PT whenever I change rooms. About the only time I'm using the VP2 is when I'm in the grocery store or something. I'm sure glad I have it. 5/6V mod is definitely in my future. The VP2 will be the first entry in my vaping museum Hall of Fame. :) But not for a few months yet. I'm really happy with the way things have progressed. That's all thanks to you folks here in VT.

Congratulations Dave! I'm happy you discovered the 5.0v sweet spot we've all heard so much about. I want one!

Nana... You'll still be appreciating your 510 ... colds, flus, first puffs of the day, etc. Not to worry.

The Prodigy V2 is a portable 5.0 and it has a drip well to keep your fingers dry.

The Joker is also a 5.0... with the adaptablility of a 3.5 for those days when the throat is sore or you have a cold....

Oh my, here I go again, starting to list all the various toys. I'm hopeless. Apologies to all.

Congratulations Dave! I'm happy you discovered the 5.0v sweet spot we've all heard so much about. I want one!

Nana... You'll still be appreciating your 510 ... colds, flus, first puffs of the day, etc. Not to worry.

The Prodigy V2 is a portable 5.0 and it has a drip well to keep your fingers dry.

The Joker is also a 5.0... with the adaptablility of a 3.5 for those days when the throat is sore or you have a cold....

Oh my, here I go again, starting to list all the various toys. I'm hopeless. Apologies to all.

Actually Uma, this is a perfect place for it, 'cause here I am wishing I had a 6V batt to carry around. Like you though, I think what I really want is the GG. I may end up with a Joker though, just because it's a bit more affordable, and I want 6V now! I noticed that the GG is out of stock everywhere; that;s one of those things you either preorder or don't get I think. Everything's a freakin wait!

Actually Uma, this is a perfect place for it, 'cause here I am wishing I had a 6V batt to carry around. Like you though, I think what I really want is the GG. I may end up with a Joker though, just because it's a bit more affordable, and I want 6V now! I noticed that the GG is out of stock everywhere; that;s one of those things you either preorder or don't get I think. Everything's a freakin wait!

nahhh, the 6v isn't as good as the 5v. The 5v is the sweet spot, the right hit, the right flavor, the right everything. The 6v uses more juice (but you get to use a lower level of Nic), and burns hotter... which is why you have to use more juice... keep topping it off constantly. (from what I hear anyway).

The Joker will be your portable VP/PT. Swwwweeeeeet. And it's classy. They should call it the Jewel. Your wife will be jealous when you tote that to dinner out. :)

Stay happy.

Okay you two, you've both kinda caught me out. First because in a way 5 and 6V are pretty much the same to me, right or wrong. But also because in my little mind -- more is better! :D I guess the only way to resolve this issue is to try both 5V and 6V... Since Brian started the wheels turning today, I'm seriously thinking about building a very basic mod (this is Brian's idea and impetuous; I'm just following him around). I bet it will be a relatively simple act to make both and see what happens. No, not immediately! But soon. I do really want to carry around some power. VP PT has ruined me for anything less. Sigh.

I hear that, at 6 volt, a vaper can melt the cartridge. I've never had this problem on my VP/PT, so I am definitely in the market for a well-made portable 5 volt.

I melted all of the white parts on all of my 801 carts using them on my VP/PT. I am in the market for a portable 5 volt, too. The VP/PT is great if I'm sitting watching t.v. or on the computer, but if I'm up and about, it's not very handy. I'm already tired of plugging it in and unplugging it to go somewhere else. And the cord gets in my way if I'm doing anything much. But I will take my time before buying a 5 volt. I see a lot of research in my future.

I haven't melted anything yet but I did blow through a bunch of attys that were probably on their last legs anyway. But crimeny! I went through like four attys in one evening; finally put a new one on and it blew out too. Now I'm on the same one for a couple of days so maybe that's tapering off... Let's hope.

I haven't melted anything yet but I did blow through a bunch of attys that were probably on their last legs anyway. But crimeny! I went through like four attys in one evening; finally put a new one on and it blew out too. Now I'm on the same one for a couple of days so maybe that's tapering off... Let's hope.

Are you sure the atty blew? One thing I've been having problems with is that an atty loses power and even the light on the VP units won't come on. However, if I unscrew the atty a little then it'll work. I have 3 that are like that now. It's odd that if I screw the adapter all the way down and then put on the atty, I have to uncrew the atty a little bit. If I put the atty onto the adapter first and the put it my unit, I have to unscrew the adapter a little. This is happening on my VP2 and my VP/PT. Don't know what it is. You may want to try unscrewing a little before trashing them.

I melted all of the white parts on all of my 801 carts using them on my VP/PT.

I'm a little confused by that. Don't you direct drip? Why are you leaving the cart in the tip? The 302's I got only came with tips, no carts attached. On the 510 carts I have had some melting on the ends, but I followed McQuinns advice and just cut the ends off now.

I'm a little confused by that. Don't you direct drip? Why are you leaving the cart in the tip? The 302's I got only came with tips, no carts attached. On the 510 carts I have had some melting on the ends, but I followed McQuinns advice and just cut the ends off now.

Yes, I do. I just took the filler out. I did not know at first that you could just take the white part out. I thought you'd suck juice into your mouth if it wasn't there. Now I know better.

Are you sure the atty blew? One thing I've been having problems with is that an atty loses power and even the light on the VP units won't come on. However, if I unscrew the atty a little then it'll work. I have 3 that are like that now. It's odd that if I screw the adapter all the way down and then put on the atty, I have to uncrew the atty a little bit. If I put the atty onto the adapter first and the put it my unit, I have to unscrew the adapter a little. This is happening on my VP2 and my VP/PT. Don't know what it is. You may want to try unscrewing a little before trashing them.

That happens when you screw the atomizer on to hard or switch adapters often. What's happening is the center pole us pushing down. :) (The the circle piece that's inside the thread, this is where the positive power comes from)

To fix this you will notice on the threads of the PT there is a little hole. In that little hole is ANOTHER little hole drilled into the center pole. Take a paper clip and raise the center pole up gently. That will stop this from happening. :) If you find it gets really bad let us know and we can repair it for you :D

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines