$0.02 If Your Considering Quiting

Wompa1

Hello all,

When i was looking into these, i found alot of videos and reviews that seemed more like paid advertisements. I wanted jump in and give some first impressions for people who are reading posts and considering trying this out as i was a week ago. I don't have any questions, and if you have been vaping for more than a day you probably wont find any great insights either. This post is really for smokers who are thinking about vaping as an alternative and are on the fence.

Quick backround...

I am a 29 year old computer tech with two kids and a mortgage, not a whole lot of money to spend on frivolous things, so i did alot of post reading and web research before jumping in. i have been a pack a day smoker for almost 15 years. Marlboro Lights or Camel lights, (which ever i had a coupon for). I have wanted to quit smoking for a long time. My previous attempts have been pretty lame. I tried patches, Gum, and cold turkey, no luck though. I think 6 days without smoking is not enough time to call myself a nonsmoker, but it is better than i have done before. I still have cravings, sometimes fairly intense cravings, but they are manageable. I don't feel like I'm immediate danger of smoking at this point, I'm not pulling out my hair, or eating buckets of ice cream, but again i am only 6 days in.

The First Vape..

After maybe 6 hours over a couple of days of reading posts, news, watching vids, and in general gathering info I placed an order. I think my expectations where set a little to high, i was doing that check the mail 2 times a day thing. It was a little anti-climactic in the end. I kind of imaged a moisturizing mist of cool vapor soothing my throat and filling my lungs. The truth falls short of this but the sensation is not at all unpleasant, in fact on day 6 i would call my self a major fan. But I feel like its import to say Vaping is not like Smoking. I have been trying to think of an analogy to compare the two, this falls short but image you smoke unfiltered camel wides and someone gives you an ultra light. Regardless of how big of a drag you take or how big of a cloud of smoke you exhale, it doesn't feel like its filling your lungs as much as your old brand. I am smoking a manual 510, if i use the higher dose liquid i will cough i get so much sensation on my throat, but again it is not a cigarette and feels different. Please don't let this discourage you from buying, I'm quite satisfied now, but did not get exactly what i was expecting.

Flavor...

I read alot of people describing or reviewing the flavor of specific juice, what i had not read and will attempted to describe is the taste common to all the Vapor i have tried. Again i will mention i have only done this for 6 days, I am no expert, and have only tried about 8 flavors and two brands thus far, my hope is to set others expectations a little closer to the mark.

Black Cherry Vapor is as much like Black Cherry as Black Cherry tobacco is. The Vapor itself has a kind of Base Flavor. A Flavorless vapor came with my starter kit and is kind of like the essence of all the other vapors. The un-flavored vapor tastes sort of like watered down syrup. Faintly sweet, and perhaps a bit oily flavored. I can taste this same familiar flavor in all the different juices i have tried. If you are hoping like i was on trying to duplicate the experience of smoking a cigarette with flavor, don't get your expectations to high. The tobacco flavors i have tried are good, and taste like tobacco, but also taste a bit like bread to me, with that same slightly oily, watery syrup base. It is more pleasant that it sounds, but not exactly like tobacco, or peaches, or whatever flavor you have decided to try out.

While the taste was not what i was expecting, it is actually quite good. I never liked menthol cigarettes, but really enjoy menthol vapor for some reason, I suppose it is the same as not liking cherry flavored chewing gum, but liking cherry pie.

Nicotine...

This may be a mental thing, but i think i can feel a more direct link with nicotine while vaping. This may sound over dramatic, but its sort of a sharpening of my vision, and a focusing of my thoughts. Perhaps the smoke of a cigarette cancels this interesting effect of nicotine when smoking analogs, or maybe its all mental, but i swear i feel a direct effect where i did not notice one before. As for the dose thats best, this part i feel like i am having the hardest time figuring out. I have tried 11mg, and 18mg juice. My starter kit also came with a 24mg cart. I think I am ok with either the 11mg or the 18mg, but do still have cravings. I Tend to Sip on this thing all day, so i hesitate to get a higher dose. During my Cold Turkey attempted at quiting, I learned that there is a major difference between a craving and a withdrawal. I have had no withdrawal since i started using this, but cravings have been somewhat sharp at times. When i have a strong craving i follow the Vapor Talk adage "Drip, Vape, Repeat" and it DOES go away.

E-Cig in practice...

I have found E-Cigs to be INFINITELY more convenient to use than analogs. I never have to run to the store because i am out, If someone bums a cig from you, you get it BACK (how cool is that). I don't have a lighter to lose, have stolen, or drop under the seat of my car. Biggest advantage of all i don't smell like a cigarette any more, This cannot be understated. In just 6 days, i can smell smoke on my jacket as soon as i open my closet. I would have never guessed, despite how many people told me, but if you smoke a pack a day or more, you smell like cigarettes from across a room. If you have heard this before, and didnt believe it, take my word they are telling you the truth, and not just being snooty non-smokers like we all assume.

I have read a few people who find it annoying to refill their cartridges, i have not found this to be the case. vape for a while, 2-3 drops in the cart, 2 on the atty and keep going. easy as can be. small 3ml plastic bottles have been very helpful because i drive around alot for work. 2 batteries get me through about 6 hours maybe more. Car charger fixes that problem, its actually quite convenient.

Other Thoughts...

I did some math and figured that by the time i had vaped for three weeks without buying any cigarettes i would break even. I have found that it is saving me more than i expected, The reason for this is when i run to the store or gas station to buy a couple of packs, I almost always buy a Coke, or a Coffee, maybe a Snikers, or any other of 1000 things that i don't need. I now stop at the gas station and do all my business at the pump, saving not only the 7 dollars on the pack of smokes, but another 3 or 4 bucks on crap.

Anyway, I just thought i would share my first impressions, the good and the bad. Hope you try it out. it is alot of fun, very different and has helped me alot more than patches or gum ever did.

~Wompa

When I first got my unit (which was only a week or so ago) I too had high expectations as far as taste. I started off with some 555 and it was nothing like an anolog but after using it a while and going back and forth between my 510 and the couple of smokes I had left, I realized how much better it started to taste. dribble.gif Now I don't even want to go into my garage (the ol' smoking spot) because of the stink and ash that's all over.... Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I didn't realize how bad an anolog tasted before I found my nicotine substitute and I'm happy to be free! I'm actually running low on niquid and need to place an order today or tomorrow cause I can't even imagine running out and going back to anologs while waiting.blink.gifnuke.gif

Very Nicely Written..

The Taste & Amount of Vape is what Im after.

Knowing it will not be anything like a cig. I need a little flavor influence to make me change..

As I am a Tech Also. I just tend to smoke more when At a pc... Always knew I smelled & I Can smell it.

Even though i buy Marbs for 1.25 a pack or around 27 for 2 cartons. something like that. 1350/46 u do the math.

Mint tastes like spearmint gum. & I sort of like it. But needs a little menthol flavor to it for me.

Rasberry and others I have tried are junk..

IM about to clean my attie out Thoroughly with hot water & Air it out with the Compressor & See if it helps the taste.

You know, I never thought about giving unreal expectations to noobies. So many of us on here love vaping and are soooo glad to be off analogs, I don't know which part of that we are more excited about, the vaping or no more analogs. Anyways, Wompa that was an excellent review of vaping from a noobies standpoint. Thank you so much for writing out your thoughts for us to read. :thumbsup:

not sure if it applies to other noobies.

But for me I need a kick in taste to make me want to vape it more.

As Will Power & Stress is always factored in & The worst excuse for smoking Analogs.

Wompa1 I congratulate you for going this far. As I know the situation No Kids here but A Fiance I am trying to bring here... We need to better our health & I so want to do it. Your .02cents is very well put

& Should be Stickied & Noted For Newbies. Wish I would have read something like this last year. I would have invested better.

Just Stressing at moment.. lol

This is an excellent summary of the newbie experience, and I concur completely. I am on my fourth week vaping, having started with a disposable, and I can't imagine going back to analogs. I keep thinking about those days of standing in the rain because I couldn't smoke inside. Even at places where it is not appropriate to smoke in public, I can slip into a stall in the bathroom, satisfy my need for nicotine, and then go back to what I was doing. Even on airplanes, slipping into the bathroom without having to deal with setting off the smoke alarms.

Maybe someday I'll get to the point where I don't need the nicotine and go to 0mg just for the pleasure of vaping...maybe that's a little too optimistic. :D

I will offer one warning about the higher nicotine juices. Yesterday, I was hitting some 36mg strawberry a little heavy and ended up breaking in heavy sweats, heart palpitations and shakes. I'm sure I OD'd on the nicotine. Just be careful if you're using the higher levels.

Wompa1 you said it all words have finally been put to post what I think as a "Noob" we all can express but some of us never could rally together the aspect of what to say, you have tapped into what we all have found as a starter to vaping vs analogs and can agree is the truths beyond the LAST Pack. Thank you for the the time you took to this and I agree this is something that should be a must read for not just noobs but for anyone that has vaped or is thinking about vaping. I plan on sharing this post with friends who ask or offer thier .02 cents to why spend your money as well as to those who tried and failed at the cold turkey method I also feel and this is my personal view this is something that the regulatory groups at the FDA should read to understand this isn't a fad or a shot in the dark and the anti-smoke groups that are lobbying to stop vaping and should read these posts also to see it works don't fix it !

Giving my Standing Ovation to you for a Great Post !!!!! :unworthy:

Angel

I love the time and effort put into the write up. It was a very detailed post and I think a lot of people deciding whether or not to vape would find it very informational. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, Thank you all for your praise, now I wish i would've spent more time on grammer and spelling lol. I'm suprised so many people enjoyed such a long post. I find it very encouraging that others have had simular experiances and are still avid vapors months later.

Again thanks for your thoughts and your time,

~Wompa

Wompa1 The Thanks goes to you For Such a perfect write up...

In the year and half I have been researching these I have never found anything as good as this.

My Grammar sucks. But I don't mind As I'm not good at articles reports etc. (Lack of interest)

If I would have known this Like I said before. I would definitely have invested into tons of flavors.

Soon hope to hear another post about your experience with many flavors.

Hello all,

When i was looking into these, i found alot of videos and reviews that seemed more like paid advertisements. I wanted jump in and give some first impressions for people who are reading posts and considering trying this out as i was a week ago. I don't have any questions, and if you have been vaping for more than a day you probably wont find any great insights either. This post is really for smokers who are thinking about vaping as an alternative and are on the fence.

Quick backround...

I am a 29 year old computer tech with two kids and a mortgage, not a whole lot of money to spend on frivolous things, so i did alot of post reading and web research before jumping in. i have been a pack a day smoker for almost 15 years. Marlboro Lights or Camel lights, (which ever i had a coupon for). I have wanted to quit smoking for a long time. My previous attempts have been pretty lame. I tried patches, Gum, and cold turkey, no luck though. I think 6 days without smoking is not enough time to call myself a nonsmoker, but it is better than i have done before. I still have cravings, sometimes fairly intense cravings, but they are manageable. I don't feel like I'm immediate danger of smoking at this point, I'm not pulling out my hair, or eating buckets of ice cream, but again i am only 6 days in.

The First Vape..

After maybe 6 hours over a couple of days of reading posts, news, watching vids, and in general gathering info I placed an order. I think my expectations where set a little to high, i was doing that check the mail 2 times a day thing. It was a little anti-climactic in the end. I kind of imaged a moisturizing mist of cool vapor soothing my throat and filling my lungs. The truth falls short of this but the sensation is not at all unpleasant, in fact on day 6 i would call my self a major fan. But I feel like its import to say Vaping is not like Smoking. I have been trying to think of an analogy to compare the two, this falls short but image you smoke unfiltered camel wides and someone gives you an ultra light. Regardless of how big of a drag you take or how big of a cloud of smoke you exhale, it doesn't feel like its filling your lungs as much as your old brand. I am smoking a manual 510, if i use the higher dose liquid i will cough i get so much sensation on my throat, but again it is not a cigarette and feels different. Please don't let this discourage you from buying, I'm quite satisfied now, but did not get exactly what i was expecting.

Flavor...

I read alot of people describing or reviewing the flavor of specific juice, what i had not read and will attempted to describe is the taste common to all the Vapor i have tried. Again i will mention i have only done this for 6 days, I am no expert, and have only tried about 8 flavors and two brands thus far, my hope is to set others expectations a little closer to the mark.

Black Cherry Vapor is as much like Black Cherry as Black Cherry tobacco is. The Vapor itself has a kind of Base Flavor. A Flavorless vapor came with my starter kit and is kind of like the essence of all the other vapors. The un-flavored vapor tastes sort of like watered down syrup. Faintly sweet, and perhaps a bit oily flavored. I can taste this same familiar flavor in all the different juices i have tried. If you are hoping like i was on trying to duplicate the experience of smoking a cigarette with flavor, don't get your expectations to high. The tobacco flavors i have tried are good, and taste like tobacco, but also taste a bit like bread to me, with that same slightly oily, watery syrup base. It is more pleasant that it sounds, but not exactly like tobacco, or peaches, or whatever flavor you have decided to try out.

While the taste was not what i was expecting, it is actually quite good. I never liked menthol cigarettes, but really enjoy menthol vapor for some reason, I suppose it is the same as not liking cherry flavored chewing gum, but liking cherry pie.

Nicotine...

This may be a mental thing, but i think i can feel a more direct link with nicotine while vaping. This may sound over dramatic, but its sort of a sharpening of my vision, and a focusing of my thoughts. Perhaps the smoke of a cigarette cancels this interesting effect of nicotine when smoking analogs, or maybe its all mental, but i swear i feel a direct effect where i did not notice one before. As for the dose thats best, this part i feel like i am having the hardest time figuring out. I have tried 11mg, and 18mg juice. My starter kit also came with a 24mg cart. I think I am ok with either the 11mg or the 18mg, but do still have cravings. I Tend to Sip on this thing all day, so i hesitate to get a higher dose. During my Cold Turkey attempted at quiting, I learned that there is a major difference between a craving and a withdrawal. I have had no withdrawal since i started using this, but cravings have been somewhat sharp at times. When i have a strong craving i follow the Vapor Talk adage "Drip, Vape, Repeat" and it DOES go away.

E-Cig in practice...

I have found E-Cigs to be INFINITELY more convenient to use than analogs. I never have to run to the store because i am out, If someone bums a cig from you, you get it BACK (how cool is that). I don't have a lighter to lose, have stolen, or drop under the seat of my car. Biggest advantage of all i don't smell like a cigarette any more, This cannot be understated. In just 6 days, i can smell smoke on my jacket as soon as i open my closet. I would have never guessed, despite how many people told me, but if you smoke a pack a day or more, you smell like cigarettes from across a room. If you have heard this before, and didnt believe it, take my word they are telling you the truth, and not just being snooty non-smokers like we all assume.

I have read a few people who find it annoying to refill their cartridges, i have not found this to be the case. vape for a while, 2-3 drops in the cart, 2 on the atty and keep going. easy as can be. small 3ml plastic bottles have been very helpful because i drive around alot for work. 2 batteries get me through about 6 hours maybe more. Car charger fixes that problem, its actually quite convenient.

Other Thoughts...

I did some math and figured that by the time i had vaped for three weeks without buying any cigarettes i would break even. I have found that it is saving me more than i expected, The reason for this is when i run to the store or gas station to buy a couple of packs, I almost always buy a Coke, or a Coffee, maybe a Snikers, or any other of 1000 things that i don't need. I now stop at the gas station and do all my business at the pump, saving not only the 7 dollars on the pack of smokes, but another 3 or 4 bucks on crap.

Anyway, I just thought i would share my first impressions, the good and the bad. Hope you try it out. it is alot of fun, very different and has helped me alot more than patches or gum ever did.

~Wompa

71109.png

Thanks for your indights I'm 5 days in and I agree with all you mentioned :wave:

very good post wompa1 you gave many insightful thoughts. i do think it won't be very long until you totally quit analogs. as more time with vaping passes, i think you will see why so many people have quit analogs for good. of the many things you haven't yet noted about the advantages of vaping over analogs the real deal breaker for me was my health and more importantly the health risks to my family and friends. vaping gives us all a really easy choice!!! that said i think you gave a thoughtful unbiased honest post which will help many people give vaping a try.

Edited by kato07