New Attys Taste Horrible...

Alucard

So, first let me say thank you to Chris and Sean and everyone at vaportalk for getting my spade and juices to me very quickly! Chris assured me right after I ordered it that I'd have it by wednesday, and here I am vaping away wednesday afternoon! :thumbsup: This thing is a monster and very stylish... Just what I was looking for! (And thank goodness I have mentha again... :D ) Well... I hurriedly unpacked the spade and charged a battery and thought I might as well open a new atty to get things started right... and wow... the spade performs amazingly well... tons of vapor and great throat hit, but my god what a terrible "new atty" taste... I forgot how god-awful it tasted the first time (probably because I didn't know the difference as my first atty has lasted me all this time...) Someone please remind me...How long does it take for the horrible "new atty" taste to go away again?

-Alucard

Hey Alucard, Most people would advise you to put a peper towel in the atty and let it soak up the primer juice then add a few drops of your favorite liquid and vape away. I'm sure you know that w/some attys the break in time is longer than others. My Spade was the same way at first but w/in a couple of hours I was a happy vaper :icecream: . Hope all is well.

Hey Alucard, Most people would advise you to put a peper towel in the atty and let it soak up the primer juice then add a few drops of your favorite liquid and vape away. I'm sure you know that w/some attys the break in time is longer than others. My Spade was the same way at first but w/in a couple of hours I was a happy vaper :icecream: . Hope all is well.

Ah... That's about what I thought... I had never heard of the primer-removing method... I'll have to try that the next time around (a little late now) :blush: ... thanks for the advice!

-Alucard

I hate that taste. I found it varies between the attys; Even with some of the same models. I've gotten a couple 901's that broke in rather quick, while a couple others took a considerably longer time.

I suspect that the worst tasting ones have been in someones inventory a while.I think they put some VG or PG in them at the factory and it probably gets rancid after awhile.You can blow thru it from the battery end and maybe drop some liquid or VG or PG in it .

Thanks for all of the tips guys! I'm a couple of hours into this new atty and it's fine now... but wow was it awful starting off... using a stronger flavored juice seemed to help as well (switched from traditional tobacco to mentha)... I'll be sure to try these prepping methods on the next one though...

-Alucard

The "primer" is actually unflavored liquid. Tastes great! *shudders*

When I use a new atomizer I normally add 5 drops of liquid first to really get rid of that taste, then I vape about 2 drops as normal from then on out. :D Glad everything is working for you now!

The "primer" is actually unflavored liquid. Tastes great! *shudders*

When I use a new atomizer I normally add 5 drops of liquid first to really get rid of that taste, then I vape about 2 drops as normal from then on out. :D Glad everything is working for you now!

Yeah, i am going thru this right now Chris, but my issue is also that im not getting good vapor... Any tips?

Yeah, i am going thru this right now Chris, but my issue is also that im not getting good vapor... Any tips?

A new atty can take some time to break in... anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I've found that a 510 seems to break in faster than an 801/302 (just my limited experience). I've also found that due to the poor performance during the break-in period I'm more prone to flood the atty. You may just roll up some tissue and put it in the atty and let it sit for a bit and then start with 4 drops and see how that works.