Stealth Vaping

Just wanted to post, I think this may be my favorite feature to vaping. I work in a store...no smoking. It is 11 degrees outside, and smoking outside was annoying. I was not an indoor smoker anyway, but especially hated it at work as all the customers would walk by staring at me. I was also only one of three of the employee's that smoked, so management was not thrilled with smoke breaks. I love stealth vaping. I vape everytime I go in the stockroom and have even vaped in the office, though I do that cautiously as I don't want the camera's to catch me. I don't want to have to try to explain to LP why I am vaping in there! LOL!

Just thought I would share!

LOL wright, I stealth vape all day at work in my office. I have a little fan I turn on and vape away. If I really wanna tie one on I will go outside...... I sure hope HR doesn't find this post. :)

I work in an open office environment with pretty open cubicles, however whenever I hear everyone typing away or on their phones, I always take a quick vape, and blow the vapor down the front of my shirt. I also find myself going to the copy room a lot, the copiers make a bunch of noise so no one really notices I'm in there; except the one time I was hitting my JS and got walked in on by an HR person. I used the "this is my inhaler" line from Chris and Sean's Janty Stick review, and got a "oh" response. Thanks guys, it worked great!

On my way home from work I always find myself stopping at Walmart. Sometimes I'll be walking around and I'll stealth vape. I would cover it up with my hand and act like I'm looking down at a product.

The other day I was looking for something to use as a case for my e-cig stuff. I started at the tackle boxes, then went to the tool section and checked out this plastic container for screws, then went to the craft area and saw a plastic case for beads, then I went to the section with the fire proof security safes and saw one with a key pad (I thought it looked awesome! It reminded me of 007 or a case that would have a button for a nuke. I picked it up then put it back like 20 times before walking away.), then I looked at the back packs, and finally after about an hour of looking for the perfect case I went back to the original tackle box and decided to get that. Now I wish I didn't because it is almost full and I can tell that soon I'll be needing something bigger.

Anyway, when I was all done, I went to the restrooms in the back. As I was taking out my equipment to piss, I thought to myself,"It is one in the morning, there are barely any customers, most of the people in the store are employees stocking shelves, I've got away with stealth vaping in the store, and I think I could get away with busting out the Spade now." So, I had the Spade in one hand and Lyndon Johnson in the other. I thought,"Isn't this great! This is like sneaking a smoke in the boys room at school! It doesn't get much better than this!" As I'm standing there high on life, the door opens. I look over and it is one of the stock boys. He startled me! I dropped my Spade but caught it before it hit my stream and quickly put it in my jacket pocket! He didn't even see it but when he turned and saw me looking at him he had this look on his face like I was a weirdo. He washed his hands then walked out. I finished then walked over to the mirror. I started dancing and vaping. I did my impression of the Green's Buffalo Bill dance. I said,"Would you vape me? I'd vape me. I'd vape me hard!" I rubbed my Spade against my lips like I was applying lip stick, blew a kiss at myself, winked, and then laughed at myself. Maybe the stock boy was right at assuming that I'm a weirdo but you got to enjoy the small things. :D

On my way home from work I always find myself stopping at Walmart. Sometimes I'll be walking around and I'll stealth vape. I would cover it up with my hand and act like I'm looking down at a product.

The other day I was looking for something to use as a case for my e-cig stuff. I started at the tackle boxes, then went to the tool section and checked out this plastic container for screws, then went to the craft area and saw a plastic case for beads, then I went to the section with the fire proof security safes and saw one with a key pad (I thought it looked awesome! It reminded me of 007 or a case that would have a button for a nuke. I picked it up then put it back like 20 times before walking away.), then I looked at the back packs, and finally after about an hour of looking for the perfect case I went back to the original tackle box and decided to get that. Now I wish I didn't because it is almost full and I can tell that soon I'll be needing something bigger.

Anyway, when I was all done, I went to the restrooms in the back. As I was taking out my equipment to piss, I thought to myself,"It is one in the morning, there are barely any customers, most of the people in the store are employees stocking shelves, I've got away with stealth vaping in the store, and I think I could get away with busting out the Spade now." So, I had the Spade in one hand and Lyndon Johnson in the other. I thought,"Isn't this great! This is like sneaking a smoke in the boys room at school! It doesn't get much better than this!" As I'm standing there high on life, the door opens. I look over and it is one of the stock boys. He startled me! I dropped my Spade but caught it before it hit my stream and quickly put it in my jacket pocket! He didn't even see it but when he turned and saw me looking at him he had this look on his face like I was a weirdo. He washed his hands then walked out. I finished then walked over to the mirror. I started dancing and vaping. I did my impression of the Green's Buffalo Bill dance. I said,"Would you vape me? I'd vape me. I'd vape me hard!" I rubbed my Spade against my lips like I was applying lip stick, blew a kiss at myself, winked, and then laughed at myself. Maybe the stock boy was right at assuming that I'm a weirdo but you got to enjoy the small things. biggrin.gif

Okay man, you're my hero for today! :Dthumbsup.gif

I don't stealth vape. There's nothing wrong with vaping at all, and I'm not going to let anyone intimidate me into thinking I'm some subhuman cur. That said, I don't flaunt it either. At work I vape normally at my desk; occassionally a fairly large cloud of vapor will rise above my cube and I think 'better tone that down!' And I do. Coworkers once asked what was going on and I explained and demonstrated (openly). They're thrilled, I've tried to quit smoking for as long as some of these folks have been alive! :) I sit about three workstations away from one of the VPs; he's never even noticed. I suppose when HR gets wind of this they'll try to crack down. I'm ready for them with my little CD packed full of anti-naysayer data. ;) But if they do determine there's no vaping in the office, then I will comply. Or go stealth... :D

I'm at the Sky Lounge right not and I'm already look for a place to stealth vape! :shiftyninja: TSA was giving me a hard time about my Custom Mod on the way in but I spoke with them and tried to explain what it was. After about 10 minutes they finally let us through. The lady wasn't very friendly. :lol: No love for the Vapers :rolleyes2:

Schizo--The visual on that story really made me smile--apparently our user names really do reflect our personality !!!! Poor Stock boy....

I'm getting ready for a 2nd tackle box--Like you I wandered all over walmart looking for the right storage box--the tackle box has so many little cubbies--it really does work very well.

I too am a Ninja Vaper (thanks Chris)--work is really, really non smoking. no smoking anywhere on hospital grounds and my bosses are a bit prudish. I work night shift so for the most part there are less people around. Depending on who I am working with--I sometimes am able to vape more openly.

there have been many times when I have taken a nice long draw and somebody walks into the med room (or where ever)--hold my breath for a second or two--turn to look for something--only a little vapor left.

I have absolutely no doubt my boss would consider this 'smoking'-- and would love to turn it into a big deal

:icecream::shiftyninja:

Schiz you have become my idol of vape Gods I laughed for five mintues and was looked at as if insane here at my office as I read this before a meeting and becoause I can Identify with the fact I went to wal-mart to do some fast grocery shopping and Vaped as I shopped I was bold but stealthed I did the in hand cover and vape move and blow out my nose and mouth as I walked and pushed the cart I got a couple of stares from other customers in the store but to have done the buffalo bill dance in the mirror to classic WTG !

Vape out in stealth !

Angel

:innocent:

I plan on taking my e-cig when I go to see Avatar in 3D....a movie that is 2.5 hours long. I will go to a show that is not prime time, probably a matinee, so I can sit in a deserted corner of the theatre and take a stealth vape now and again. First time I will be able to see a show in a theatre without taking a smoke break and trying to figure out what I missed!

I don't stealth vape much,I'm very open about my vaping. Seems most people hardly notice in public,When they do notice they are usually just curious.I have vaped in stores,restaraunts,hospitals,offices, ect. I have yet to be told I couldn't vape after beeing caught.

I plan on taking my e-cig when I go to see Avatar in 3D....a movie that is 2.5 hours long. I will go to a show that is not prime time, probably a matinee, so I can sit in a deserted corner of the theatre and take a stealth vape now and again. First time I will be able to see a show in a theatre without taking a smoke break and trying to figure out what I missed!

did that very thing on new years day... no stealth for me though! we were in a packed theater and forced to sit 2nd row back.. with all the stuff going on in that movie no one saw or no one cared..... Vape out loud!

OOOOOOOh. I vaped at Avatar 3D Imax--talk about the perfect experience.

Dave--I try to stay under the bosses radar--I kinda need my Job. Her and I do not seem to see eye to eye on anything. She's the type that smiles then stabs you in the back. But I still love vaping at work. when she pulled me into her office last month to discuss smoking on campus--I was able to honestly tell her I hadn't smoked in months, of course no names were mentioned.

I did that too! I would have been squirming in my seat if it weren't for vaping, because no way could I have left the theater. I would probably have hotboxed an analog in the bathroom if nothing else. But I didn't have to! Cool. No one cares if you're vaping. If they do, they need a life of their own.

kitsune, I'm totally with you there. I've had bosses like that. Best to act like a perfect angel. ;) Imax Avatar! Wow!

Edited by ddavelarsen

Sadly, I did not get to stealth vape in Avatar....I had to stealth vape in "Youth in Revolt".....(Wifes turn to pick our movie.wub.gifrolleyes2.gif) Oh, well.... Next time I guessbiggrin.gif

There's still time brother! Don't miss it! I'm determined to get back again this weekend; what a beautiful and fine movie. It'll be a long time before you see anything else like it. Don't miss it! And you will want to take your e cig with you 'cause you won't want to leave your seat...

I find that a little hard to believe :D but anyway. Sounds like Avatar might become the vaper's 'come out' movie! :D

lol, yeah, all it took was one loooooong movie for the vapors to be out of the closet! :D

ooohhh avatar. I heard that one was good. still haven't gone to see it but I really want to.

I tried to stealth vape in a restaurant recently because I felt like people might get the wrong idea and think I was smoking. I sat in a section where not too many people were and waiter traffic was low and I faced the mirror so I could see if anyone was coming. lmao There was an older guy just behind me though who I think was a lil confused about what I was doing. I'd blow out vapor, but he's not smelling anything. Nothing is burning. He was prolly thinking "where is that smoke coming from?" :D I felt sneaky, but I am getting better about my openness gradually. I guess I just worry how people will react. I vape in my car all the time now and wonder what people in the other cars are thinking. hahaha I need tinted windows!

someone once mentioned a different reaction would be caused by a white e-cig with a red tip than a black one with a blue tip for instance. if the observer really didn't know about vaping they would probably think they had lost their mind LOL!!

I recently went to a resturant to watch a NFl game and just put my ecig in plain sight so the waiter could see it..He made no comment on it so I used it as normal and I heard some comments from around the area but paid no attention.They must have thought I was smoking LOL...Later another waiter came by and told me he had bought a BLU kit and asked me how I liked my 510.So I guess its fine to use since they didnt stop me or anything.I am going to try that everywhere I eat out.Seems to work being upfront about it and letting them see or know ahead of time!!!

The more I use in public the more people seem to know about/heard of them in the last few months is astounding!!!

Being polite and positive is the best way to get complete social acceptance!!!! And its coming along well in what I have seen out there....

Edited by SteveD1