New To Subject, Trying To Figure It All Out!

arcangel742

Can you please tell me how long it took from the time you placed your order to the time you received it from awesomeVapor?

I have been trying NOT to buy any analogs so I can buy an ecig. But I am spending so much at my local store to get by another day until I figure this out. I know if I go to the Reservation and buy cheaper analogs now, I may not spend more to get the ecig, while I am trying to figure it out. I know now I am going to get the 510 for now with a manual battery type and some eliquid. Now I just have to find the best price and quickest shipping.

Some may disagree, but I would not run out of analogs and then try to start vaping. Have a pack of smokes handy, even though you may not need them. There is a learning curve and it may take some getting use to. Also, most of the reputable supplies will ship your order out priority mail within a day of your order (if not the same day). I've not had a package yet take more than 5 days to arrive from the time I placed the order, but keep in mind that it is the USPS so you never know.

That was an amazing story. You have so much strength. Wow!!!

After everything you've gone through, switching to vaping should be a cinch. I agree that you should have some cigs around - just in case. I didn't need them, but some have. It's best to stay calm as you learn to vape and if you don't have cigarettes around, you might lose your cool. You may not. But it's best to be prepared.

The 510 is probably the best for you to start. A started kit will get you through a couple of months easy. If not more. Of course you need the juice, too. After you're first purchase, you can just use a bit of extra money each week or every other week, whenever, to stock up on supplies. Then, if you want to, start saving change or whatever you can to try and different model or mod. Just take your time, learn to vape, read a lot here, and figure it out as you go. Everyone is different, but you'll have it all figured out in no time.

Hi Brian,

No reason to have chills, taught me a very good lesson in life, woke me up and took the blinders off to the real evils in life. Strong, no I am not strong, but extremely nervous, hence my terrible vice.

I happened to notice you have already spent &786.77. How is it you saved anything? Was this just to try out various devices? If so what mistakes would you recommend for me to avoid? I would not be able to afford that much and need to avoid any mistakes.

One more question, in your experience regarding the eliquids, is there a big difference between where you buy them in so much as making them taste say, like a regular menthol analog? I have looked to find the cheapest eliquids I can find for menthol for cost purposes, and wondering if that is a mistake. Would the quality and taste of the cheaper eliquids possibly turn me off to this device?

As I am now getting more of a handle on things, I am seeing how all of this is adding up even when just trying to keep it simple. 1 510 starter kit, $45, eliquid for 1 month= $50 to $60, and a cheaper passthrough for 510=about $16.99, car recharger for traveling or USB Passthrough Car Adaptor-$4.99 to $6.99, tea bags for mods=$3, NOT INCLUDING TAX AND SHIPPING. Estimate so far, $140-$160 with possibly tax and shipping.

Now I am looking through more posts and it appears that the atty's burn out often and need extras of those to last at least 4-5 weeks, Joye510 Atomizer 5 pack=$39.99, now we need to add some more blank cartridges, kit come with 5 filled ones, Joye510 Cartridge Cores (5) x2= 10 carts = $6-$7. I know one should have a case, more batteries or another type of traveling charger, but I am excluding those for now to see what I absolutely need to spend for just 4-5 weeks worth. Is this starting to sound familiar? Do some people go overboard and buy so much more that can lead to over $700? Do they really need to spend this much?

Ok, Now I am up to about $207-$215 with tax and shipping for the added atts and blank carts. I don't spend that much for analogs in the course of 4 to 5 weeks when I go the Reservation to buy them. LOL!

I thought I was getting a grip on what I needed to get started and how all this made so much sense to me, now it is getting confusing as to savings and affordability. LOL! :innocent:

Wow - your story sounds like something right out of a movie. Gave me chills. You must be a very stong person.

Ok, Now I am up to about $207-$215 with tax and shipping for the added atts and blank carts. I don't spend that much for analogs in the course of 4 to 5 weeks when I go the Reservation to buy them. LOL!

I thought I was getting a grip on what I needed to get started and how all this made so much sense to me, now it is getting confusing as to savings and affordability. LOL! :innocent:

Whoa! Like you when I was doing all the research, I thought I was going to need all kinds of stuff to get me started. I finally just convinced myself to buy the 510 starter kit and a few bottles of liquid. After a few days of figuring out how all this works, I had a better idea of what other items I might want or need. I would just start with a kit and a extra atomizer, for that just in case emergency that maybe one or both that come with the kit are DOA. Try using the carts, you can rinse out the stuffing, and refilling them. Also try the direct drip method. After you get a better feel for vaping and your needs I would start adding the other parts. It only takes a couple days for stuff to be shipped out to you.

This is just my humble opinion.

Whoa! Like you when I was doing all the research, I thought I was going to need all kinds of stuff to get me started. I finally just convinced myself to buy the 510 starter kit and a few bottles of liquid. After a few days of figuring out how all this works, I had a better idea of what other items I might want or need. I would just start with a kit and a extra atomizer, for that just in case emergency that maybe one or both that come with the kit are DOA. Try using the carts, you can rinse out the stuffing, and refilling them. Also try the direct drip method. After you get a better feel for vaping and your needs I would start adding the other parts. It only takes a couple days for stuff to be shipped out to you.

I agree, but BirdDog's been beating me to the punch all afternoon. :) That said, I usually tell people it'll cost about $200 to get "set up" for vaping, but that doesn't all have to come in the first order. You will want to stock up on parts and juice, but particularly for juice you'll want to try smaller samples while you determine what you really like and what's the appropriate strength for you.

I'd suggest that you steer away from the cheapest juice. This is something you're ingesting, and like most everything else you tend to get what you pay for. But if you order from the suppliers recommended here, you will be fine.

Finally, I too find you an amazingly courageous woman. Faith sustains us a lot, but it's not the only thing that gets one through the hellish times. I'll remember your story the rest of my life, and it will remind me that we can survive much more than we often think we can. Thank you.

We may tend to get a bit excited when it comes to this stuff and overwhelm people. Sorry about that. Like BirdDog and Dave said, most of that stuff can come later. I agree with just getting the kit and some juice the first time.

You might want to check wordupecig for your liquid, too. He has 50 mil bottles for $25. which can be a big savings. He does have smaller bottles, too, for not too much. You will probably want to go with smaller bottles until you find something that tastes good to you. Then you could order bigger bottles and get the whole savings.

Hi BirdDog,

Thank you so much for the help and showing I don't need all this. I have my order up for 2 days and can't send it because I keep reading more posts of what I need. Thank you for making things more simple for me. BYTW like your humble opnion, helped much. Lol!

I agree with Dave and BirdDog 100%. Slow down and get back to basics here. I was doing to pricing today and here's what I've found:

electronixstix.com - Starter kit = $51.99 (2 atty's, 2 batts, charger, 5 carts). Pack of 5 blank carts = $4.00. Two 15 ml bottles of juice = $19.98. That's a total of $75.97. Jason was running a 30% New Years discount with discount code "happynewyear". I don't know if this is still working, but if not then use discount code VTALK10 which will give you a 10% discount. With the 10% discount your total is $67.37. Orders over $60 ship free.

awsomevapor.com - Starter kit = $49.00 (2 atty's, 2 batts, charger, 5 carts). Pack of blank carts = $5.00. Two 16 ml bottles of juice = $20. Arno will also give you a 3ml sample with the starter kit and for each bottle of juice, so that'll give you an additional 9ml of juice free. Total is $74.00. I think shipping is $5.95. Arno ships free for orders over $80, so I'd grab an extra atty or bottle of juice which would make your order $84 and it would ship free.

wordupecig.com - Start kit = $58.99 (2 atty's, 2 batts, charger, 10 carts). Pack of blank carts = $2.65. Three bottles of 10ml juice = $26.97. That's a total of $88.61. They have a 10% discount code of "NewYears" which brings your total down to $79.75 and all orders ship free.

Hope this helps! My kids are fighting so I gotta cut this short, but I'll be back! :thumbsup:

Hi Brian. WOW, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. People are so nice here, I can hardly believe it. I feel so blessed. :)

I agree with Dave and BirdDog 100%. Slow down and get back to basics here. I was doing to pricing today and here's what I've found:

electronixstix.com - Starter kit = $51.99 (2 atty's, 2 batts, charger, 5 carts). Pack of 5 blank carts = $4.00. Two 15 ml bottles of juice = $19.98. That's a total of $75.97. Jason was running a 30% New Years discount with discount code "happynewyear". I don't know if this is still working, but if not then use discount code VTALK10 which will give you a 10% discount. With the 10% discount your total is $67.37. Orders over $60 ship free.

awsomevapor.com - Starter kit = $49.00 (2 atty's, 2 batts, charger, 5 carts). Pack of blank carts = $5.00. Two 16 ml bottles of juice = $20. Arno will also give you a 3ml sample with the starter kit and for each bottle of juice, so that'll give you an additional 9ml of juice free. Total is $74.00. I think shipping is $5.95. Arno ships free for orders over $80, so I'd grab an extra atty or bottle of juice which would make your order $84 and it would ship free.

wordupecig.com - Start kit = $58.99 (2 atty's, 2 batts, charger, 10 carts). Pack of blank carts = $2.65. Three bottles of 10ml juice = $26.97. That's a total of $88.61. They have a 10% discount code of "NewYears" which brings your total down to $79.75 and all orders ship free.

Hope this helps! My kids are fighting so I gotta cut this short, but I'll be back! :thumbsup:

I think the biggest mistake I made was ordering four 30ml bottles of 18mg juice with my starter kit. The 18mg didn't do much for me. I immediatley went up to 24mg and it made a world of difference. I don't know if it's totally the nic or is the brand has anything to do with it, but I've for 4 30ml bottles of 18mg juice that have hardly been touched. I have tried to use this stuff again recently and it seems to bog down my atty so I think it'll end up going in the trash. Anyhow, while it's tempting to buy the bigger bottles (the price decreases quite a bit as the size goes up), I would stick to the 10-16 ml bottles until you find what floats your boat. :) As for menthol, I cannot offer any adise there. I didn't smoke menthol, but out of curiosity, just yesterday I tried menthol from a free cart I had gotten with one of my orders and found it totally gross. Won't be trying any more menthol. :no

Ok - buying the equipment has become an addiction itself. Sad really. I currently have 4 regular batteries, a Spade (mod), a VP2 (mod), a VP/PT (mod), 17 atty's and about 200ml of juice (not counting the four 30ml bottles of crap). I like having new toys to play with. :)

So, 17 atty's will certaily last me a year or more, the 200ml of juice would probably last about 20 weeks. At this point I've spent almost $800, but I've got a lot more than I need. Other than the juice, I'm set for at least a year on everything else.

I was smoking 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro lights per day @ $4.50 per pack. So, 1.5 X $4.50 X 365 days = $2463.75 per year. Seriously - I was spenging nearly $2500 a year on smoking ($205 a month). It will only take 4 months to recover the $800 I've spent on vaping. Vaping is working for me so I indulged a little. :)

Going back to what Nana said (or was it BirdDog?), start out and see how it goes. With the money you save from not smoking, try to pick up an extra atty or battery each time your order some juice until you have enough for backups. You'll do fine!

Wow, great thread here! Hugs

Oh,.. and add Cignot dot com to your list. They're having a sale right now, plus FREE shipping. I've never bought there, so be sure to get more feedback on them, but they have kits that even have PCC's and PT's and kits that are cheaper because they don't even come in a box. ($35.00 - 65).

Best of luck to you!

Brian, I gave you another +1 on that one; you're racking them up tonight! :D I have to say, you're one of the good guys whose posts are not only positive but add value. And that was a very valuable post; thanks. I'm glad you're here. I'm glad I'm here too. ;)

Brian, I gave you another +1 on that one; you're racking them up tonight! :D I have to say, you're one of the good guys whose posts are not only positive but add value. And that was a very valuable post; thanks. I'm glad you're here. I'm glad I'm here too. ;)

Thanks bro! I tell ya, you and Nana have been good for my self confidence. :unworthy:

One thing I should have added to my mistakes list - ordering without a discount code. I'm trying to keep a list of all the ones I've found.

Thanks bro! I tell ya, you and Nana have been good for my self confidence. :unworthy:

One thing I should have added to my mistakes list - ordering without a discount code. I'm trying to keep a list of all the ones I've found.

Discount code? Uma said something about that too. Dang! I am so self-absorbed, I've probably cost myself a boatload of money. I sincerely hope I didn't blow off a discount code for my VP PT. But if I did, I'm happy to donate the proceeds to VT Store. :) I've sure made a bunch of mistakes. Had I found VT before I got started that list would be a lot shorter. Now I'll be scouring everything for discount codes! :D

Hi Ddavelarson,

For anyone here looking for a coupon code here is a code for 10% off at myPVshop.com. Code: "IVape10"

Also they give free shipping for orders over $49.

http://www.diyflavorshack.com 10 % off with code "newtoyou" store closed on weekend.

If you contact her she will open it, try forum at:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-flavorshack/59701-coupon-code-diyflavorshack-3.html

From Brian's Post:

electronixstix.com discount code "happynewyear" or "VTALK10" Orders over $60 ship free

awsomevapor.com Arno ships free for orders over $80 Could not find a coupon for this store.

wordupecig.com They have a 10% discount code of "NewYears" with a minimun purchase of $25

US shipping is always free on all products!

Discount code? Uma said something about that too. Dang! I am so self-absorbed, I've probably cost myself a boatload of money. I sincerely hope I didn't blow off a discount code for my VP PT. But if I did, I'm happy to donate the proceeds to VT Store. :) I've sure made a bunch of mistakes. Had I found VT before I got started that list would be a lot shorter. Now I'll be scouring everything for discount codes! :D