About to buy a new mod, are there any with mac compatible drivers?

So there is a bunch of threads on mod suggestions, but I have a feature I'm looking for that I didn't quite find anywhere online. I currently own smok alien 220w and it has been working great for almost 3 years now. It started acting up a couple days ago so I thought I would try to update the firmware... But I have a mac. Now I could set up a VM, but I don't have a valid windows account, so I don't really want to go through all that work. I was thinking of buying the Smok Mag Mod, but since I wouldn't be able to update the firmware on my mac, I'm curious if there are any good reliable mods out there that have Mac driver compatibility?  what I'm looking for:

• Mac compatible drivers
  • Under $100 (might be willing to go up to $150 if it has some cool features like it can also jumpstart a car, operate a space ship or function as a PS4 controller) 
  • Tanks and coils can be found at vape shops.
  • replaceable batteries 
  • Not too difficult to disassemble (had to resolder the fire button on my smok, which was pretty easy to get into)

On 11/19/2018 at 10:28 PM, SirLencalot said:

So there is a bunch of threads on mod suggestions, but I have a feature I'm looking for that I didn't quite find anywhere online. I currently own smok alien 220w and it has been working great for almost 3 years now. It started acting up a couple days ago so I thought I would try to update the firmware... But I have a mac. Now I could set up a VM, but I don't have a valid windows account, so I don't really want to go through all that work. I was thinking of buying the Smok Mag Mod, but since I wouldn't be able to update the firmware on my mac, I'm curious if there are any good reliable mods out there that have Mac driver compatibility?  what I'm looking for:

• Mac compatible drivers
  • Under $100 (might be willing to go up to $150 if it has some cool features like it can also jumpstart a car, operate a space ship or function as a PS4 controller) 
  • Tanks and coils can be found at vape shops.
  • replaceable batteries 
  • Not too difficult to disassemble (had to resolder the fire button on my smok, which was pretty easy to get into)

I'll try to answer as best as I can and my answers/recommendations are based on United States information.

The only mac compatible software for updating firmware that comes to mind is eScribe, which is used for updating the firmware on DNA chipsets.  Something comparable (actually much better, in my opinion) to the smok alien 220w you have been using is any mod using a DNA 250 chip.  

As far as your specific requirements:

• escribe (Currently with US and International versions for mac, but again, for DNA chipsets only)
  • Maybe not under $100, but you can find the Lost Vape Triade DNA250C for about $120.  It can't jumpstart a car, operate a spaceship or function as a PS4 controller, but it is an excellent mod.
  • Since it's just a mod, you can use just about any tank you can get your hands on.
  • It uses 3x18650 rechargeable batteries.
  • The Triade is solidly built.  Mine is going on 3 years old and I've never had an issue with it so I've never had to take it apart.  That being said, it does appear to be fairly easy to disassemble/reassemble.