Help

DevilDogg

Please be patient as I try to explain my situation lol 😅

I've been vaping for a few years but never really looked into much of the mechanics/modes of the actual mod considering TC. I just pick a wattage I like and keep it there.

Recently got a new mod (Wismec RX230). I use the V8-T8 Smok coils with the TFV8 cloud beast tank. I like to keep her at 125w. And go through a coil 3-4 weeks it seems.

I feel like I have been vaping wrong this whole time by not paying attention to the TCR, and not getting the best out of my set up by not adjusting the TCR modes. Or am I just over thinking things and trying to make it complicated? 

Edited by DevilDogg

Please be patient as I try to explain my situation lol [emoji28]
I've been vaping for a few years but never really looked into much of the mechanics/modes of the actual mod considering TC. I just pick a wattage I like and keep it there.
Recently got a new mod (Wismec RX230). I use the V8-T8 Smok coils with the TFV8 cloud beast tank. I like to keep her at 125w. And go through a coil 3-4 weeks it seems.
I feel like I have been vaping wrong this whole time by not paying attention to the TCR, and not getting the best out of my set up by not adjusting the TCR modes. Or am I just over thinking things and trying to make it complicated? 

That is actually normal life for those tank coils. But you also have to factor in the juice you use, such as how sweet it is, if it is a heavy citrus...etc. There are alot of juices like this that are known as "coil killers" there is also the issue of "factory defect" coils that won't last 2 days but hey it happens. As far as TCR on your mod it really doesn't make a difference on your vaping experience. But as squid said TC or "temperature control" is stictly for SS,NI200,Ti coils or wire, and of course if you want to run those you do need to do your research on it. There are a plethora of tutorial videos on youtube, also you can always ask us here and somebody is bound to help you out.

• 2 months later...

I bought a vaporesso cascade tank which use the nrg coils, which are interchangeable with the smok baby beast tank coils. Vaporesso has a mesh nrg coil an I have been using the same coil for 8 weeks with no burnt taste, the flavor is great for a subohm tank and you can buy a pack of 3 for $13.00 on eBay. Now I vape at 55 to 60 watts and don’t use real sweet juice which helps the life span but I found the smok coils burn out twice as fast as vaporesso in the same tank. Try the nrg tank out they are not expensive around $25.