Rotating Flavors

Jeffb

I notice that I rotate e-juice flavors because I love the variety. But when I smoked, all I wanted was Marlboro Lights. Day in and day out, 30 cigs a day and I didn't want anything else. I didn't complain. I liked my Marlboros and I was satisfied. Now why the obsession with flavors? :icecream: And it goes beyond the juice of course. Now I like to try different units. I actually get excited (relax keenan :) ) hearing about new units coming out. But when I smoked, I didn't buy the 100's or the shorts, I liked mine regular. I don't have any answers. Any psychologists out there? :unsure:

"Any psychologists out there?"

I'm not psychologist, and never played on TV, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with your childhood! B)

Edited by Knight

because you can have different flavors and you can have different units...that is why a lot of us have so many juice varieties and different devices floating around in our collections. i switch between 3 or 4 juices in a day. some help me calm down, some help me wake up and some are just too darn yummy not to vape on!! variety is the spice of life!!

"Any psychologists out there?"

I'm not psychologist, and never played on TV, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with your childhood! B)

OK Knight you get a +1 rating for that response. :D

Oops I gave Ofortuna the +1 rating. Thats OK she deserves it also. :)

Edited by jeffb

You know I think a lot of it is because tobacco is already an acquired taste. Let's be honest, usually anything that is an acquired taste, tastes like crap until you get used to it. I think this is the case with traditional tobacco.

When Ecigs come into play the flavors are actually enjoyable to such a point that it's comparable with candy. And who sticks with the same candy? Sure you have your favorites but your always down to try something new.

I keep switching just to see if I can taste any of them yet. :( But if I could taste them, I still switch. I like the "variety is the spice of life" reply. I think Ofortuna is right. But then, Knight could be right, too. LOL

I could not taste a lot of them at first but now they are coming around,I also found if you just vape the same flavor your taste buds get accustomed and the flavor goes away,so switching between two very different flavors help keep them both tasting good.

mcquinn probably has a point there. I've noticed that if I vape the same flavor too long I lose its taste but switching off I can taste the new one. I rotate between three flavors right now but always trying new ones. I never expected it when I started vaping, but I find I really enjoy the footy ones the best.

I was really disappointed in the one clove I could find. Not like clove at all, which you would think should be easy. I may have to try that myself when I get to the DIY stage... Clove just seems like a natural to me.

mcquinn probably has a point there. I've noticed that if I vape the same flavor too long I lose its taste but switching off I can taste the new one. I rotate between three flavors right now but always trying new ones. I never expected it when I started vaping, but I find I really enjoy the footy ones the best.

I was really disappointed in the one clove I could find. Not like clove at all, which you would think should be easy. I may have to try that myself when I get to the DIY stage... Clove just seems like a natural to me.

"but I find I really enjoy the footy ones the best.

You like the tatse of feet???? LOL :lol:

Who doesn't like the taste of footy????

I switch flavors a couple times a day--why because I can... :P

I'm like Jeff Marlboro Light 30/day forever and never changed--now I can't stand using the same flavor more than a day at a time.

Nana--have you tried adding flavors to you liquids--for me even 7 months out--they are never strong enough and always add either Loranns or flavour art flavorings--really spice things up. :spell:

Who doesn't like the taste of footy????

I switch flavors a couple times a day--why because I can... :P

I'm like Jeff Marlboro Light 30/day forever and never changed--now I can't stand using the same flavor more than a day at a time.

Nana--have you tried adding flavors to you liquids--for me even 7 months out--they are never strong enough and always add either Loranns or flavour art flavorings--really spice things up. :spell:

You know what? No. I have no idea why I haven't. Just didn't think about it. I have a bunch of the Loranns flavors here and have been thinking about making some of my own 0 nic, but had never once thought about adding the flavors to the juice I have. Thank you so much for that comment. Now I have to try. And thanks so much for letting me know that they aren't strong enough for you either. I've been feeling like such an outcast in the flavor department. :( Now I'm all cheered up. :)

"but I find I really enjoy the footy ones the best.

You like the tatse of feet???? LOL laugh.gif

Why, sure! :D ... Ooops! Man I miss my Mac's constant spell checker! You got me good Jeff! :D I'll be smiling the rest of the day.

I've never thought about buying 'booster flavor' either but that's a great idea. thumbsup.gif The vendor I get my juice from sells "extra flavor" juice too, and I've started buying that. It makes a big difference as my sense of taste hasn't completely come back yet either. But I think I'll try Loranns to see what I can find. Thanks kitsune!

Just keep in mind the Loranns is really concentrated--just a little at a time until you get the right flavor !!!!

Once Liberty flights gets their flavour Arts flavoring in, every flavor you can possibly imagine and good too. Flavour Art is my first favorite flavoring, but Loranns has served me well.

Love lots and lots of flavor !!!

Let me know what you guys come up with--the flavor possibilities are endless.

Your really aren't alone nana--my coworker and i are both the same when it comes to flavor--more is better.

I'm working on it. I've added just a few drops of flavor at a time because I didn't know how much to use. So far I haven't noticed much difference. A little bit perhaps? Do you have any suggestions on how much to use?

I only have Loranns. Don't know anything about the other one you mentioned. Can you give some more details and maybe a link? I would appreciate it.

Sorry, probably too many questions.

I'm working on it. I've added just a few drops of flavor at a time because I didn't know how much to use. So far I haven't noticed much difference. A little bit perhaps? Do you have any suggestions on how much to use?

I only have Loranns. Don't know anything about the other one you mentioned. Can you give some more details and maybe a link? I would appreciate it.

Sorry, probably too many questions.

Nana, I think he's talking about http://www.flavourart.it/. From what I read it's an Italian company/supplier.

With the Loranns--just keep adding a bit at a time, for me I have a 1ml syringe--I usually use about .1 ml to about a ml of liquid. I just add until I like it. no exact science for me.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=15

This is the site. They are an Italian company that is working with Liberty flights--the shipment should be in very, very soon. customs apparently has been a bit difficult. but they are on their way.

The only problem ordering directly from flavour art is the shipping cost.

I plan on posting when they come in (no I am not the supplier--just a customer)

keep adding--let me know if its working (or not)

What flavors are you using??

So far I'm just trying cherry. I have other flavors, but wanted to see if I could taste this one first. I've been using a dropper and have added about 3 droppers full to some juice and I'm finally tasting it. I wasn't so sure I was tasting cherry though, so I tasted some off the bottle and I'm not so sure it tastes like cherry either. Maybe my taste buds are just shot. Naw, I'm tasting food, so that's not it. I'll keep trying.

Cool! I checked them both out, Flavour Art and Liberty Flights, and they sound great. I'll see how Liberty Flights does and probably order some flavors from them. I noticed they'll have cinnamon (one I've been watching for) but no clove. Dang! :) The value of Flavour Art may come with bulk orders. This is very interesting, even though the thread has kind of taken a turn. For what it's worth, I'm still on the same three flavors each day - watermelon, peach and 555. That's only because they're the flavors that I like the best to me so far but I keep trying new ones.

LOL--my current list of flavors is very, very long. I love all the flavors !!!

Nana--to me the cherry tastes a bit like the lifesaver cherry--not a real cherry flavor--I don't think its your taste buds.

I found some Loranns at Walmart in the craft isle--the watermelon is good (you listening dave), more like candy watermelon. if you run across the english toffee--that is a really strong flavor. The butter rum is good too.

I usually end up with about 1ml (or 30 drops) of flavor to about 5ml liquid. some flavors I need more...

If you are tasting food and suck, then it's not your taste buds--certain flavors might be muted just due to your personal taste--we all taste things differently. Just because you need more flavor, doesn't mean there is anything wrong.

I am definitely going to go looking for Lorann's flavors at the list of stores given somewhere today. Watermelon sounds great, and so does butter rum... :D Somewhere I've seen a list of which Lorann's flavors are water soluble but I didn't save it or bookmark it, naturally. Sheesh.

Thanks mcquinn--always looking to try flavor....

Dave https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx

click on the item details and it will tell you if it is water soluble.

Thanks mcquinn--always looking to try flavor....

Dave https://www.lorannoi...candy-oils.aspx

click on the item details and it will tell you if it is water soluble.

Good stuff kitsune! Wow, all that vanilla sounds good, doesn't it? Yum. Wheels are turning... Thanks!

I am too lazy to do much mixing other than to get 6-10 mg on the liquid I sometimes have to mix a 0 with a 18 .I bought some flavoring from Diy to boost the flavor on some weak liquids,really seems to help I cannot bring myself to throw away liquid I cannot taste and just sucking steam doesn't quite cut it.