Atty Breakin Period And Cleaning

AngelCruz

Hey folks Angel here listen I been roaming through the forum and hear veterans speak of a new atty break in period and thats when you start really getting that perfect vape and hit,what the time period on this I even watched grimmgreen's video on the joye 510 review and he spoke of it but didn't give a length of time it takes so answer to this would be great and appreciated and then I saw in the noobs forum that MCQUINN spoke of he cleaned his atty by submersing it in denture tablets and rinsing it off under hot water I have used dental tabs for other cleaning purposes but I didn't think the atty could be completely submersed in water like that and some have spoke of using alcohol (IP) to clean with also for harsh residue build up I guess I am just under the impression that atty's are sensitive and not something you want to rough handle around to have them last on you.

I appreciate all who answer my question as I will have a million and one during my noobie stage of learning to Vape so I give thanks to all of you who may be answering a question that was already posted. Peace Vape out !

Angel

Edited by AngelCruz

Hi Angel, that's a fair question. Too bad I can't give you a good answer! I suspect this can be variable. For me, it seems to be about two days of vaping, or about 4-5 ml of juice direct dripping. I've only used LB 801s and this is probably variable depending on the atty. It might even be different between attys of the same type; I haven't enough experience to say yet. Don't worry though, others who know what they're talking about will step in. ;)

Hi Angel, that's a fair question. Too bad I can't give you a good answer! I suspect this can be variable. For me, it seems to be about two days of vaping, or about 4-5 ml of juice direct dripping. I've only used LB 801s and this is probably variable depending on the atty. It might even be different between attys of the same type; I haven't enough experience to say yet. Don't worry though, others who know what they're talking about will step in. ;)

Thanks I am sure I will get the answers I need and WTG on your days off the analog keep on vapin on !!!

Angel

Break in time in my experience varies from atty to atty but mine seem to break in after a day or less (2-4 hours) @ 3.7 Volts. But I swear they break right in, like 5-10 drags on my 5V Passthrough. This seems fast compared to other posts I have seen so maybe I just have a loose consideration of "broken in". As to cleaning, whenever I want to get rid of a taste build-up in an atty I just flush it out with boiling hot distilled water, blow it out with compressed air (don't use air in a can, most of them add a bittering agent to discourage inhalation and it will make your addy taste nasty) and let it dry overnight. Distilled water really is key for anyone living somewhere with a hard water supply. Really it's just a good idea to use it no matter how good your water may be, dissolved solids can be much worse for your atty than the stuff you're cleaning off it, so distilled water just takes that out of the equation.

I've only broken in a few, but I've noticed that he biggest change is in the 1st hour (if your vaping constantly). In that first 1/2 hour or so I get through the bad taste, start getting throat hit, good flavor, and good vapor.

Edited by Brian

They are only sensitive to poking around in them .Some people boil them on the stove ,some use ultrasonic jewelry cleaners,some soak them in Everclear or other alcohol.The thing is to make sure you stand them on end and allow them to dry completely before use.You will have to reprime it with a couple of drops of liquid .My opinion is if I am not happy with the vapor production what would it hurt to try to clean it?As you vape 100% of the liquid does not turn in to vapor and depending on the juice ,it seems like the tastier the juice the more crap is left behind.I used a couple of bottles of a popular domestic brand that would plug up an attomizer in a day.I beleive a lot of good attomizers are hitting the trash bin when all they need is a good cleaning.Sometimes I clean one and it don't work well so I clean it again and it works ok.There is a last ditch cleaning method where you carefully dry burn it to clean it .You can find detailed explainations of all the cleaning methods by surfing the forums.It would be pointless to keep retyping them.

I used a couple of bottles of a popular domestic brand that would plug up an attomizer in a day.

I'm glad you said that. In an effort to conserve my good stuff, and not let anything goto waste, I started using the juice I got when I purchased my starter kit (4 30ml bottles). Soon after I started using it my atty performance went down hill. I switched atty's and the same thing happened to it. Both had been working great until I put this juice in. Anyhow, I'll be cleaning them today. I think I'll do the distilled water thing.

Looks like everyone took care of you already. But, to directly answer your question, Yes, you CAN submerse them in water. And like Mcquinn said, the key is make sure they dry out overnight. Also, very important, make sure you put a couple of drop of juice on the atty after its dry, so you dont burn it out.

Hey

Thanks for al the positive replies when my 510 gets here I will follow your guidelines to the atty's and in cleaning McQuinn are you still using the dental tablets also along with the distilled water sorry I'm sureit works but I'm amused by that and curious if you do or don't and if I should more out of watching it fizz and work on the atty lol !!

thanks again like I said to you all answering a possible repeated question I will look deeper into the frums and see the threads for attys and care of!

Peace and Vape Out!!!

Angel

I soak them for a couple of hours in the denture cleaner ,then I rinse them a few times in hot water from my coffee maker ,someone else used the distilled water .What you are trying to clean off is I beleive burnt sugar from the flavoring.It is hard and crusty but it will come off .

I have found that just pushing the corner of a paper towel into the atty and letting sit for 10-15 minutes removes a lot of the excess liquid that can build up. I usually do this every few days. add a couple drops to the atty to prime.

Breaking in does vary. I find when I use a new atty, i drip a couple drops on to the atty, vape and repeat. Usually up to speed in a couple of hours (or less). I usually use the paper towel to absorb some of the primer before use.

I gave up on fancier cleaning--for me anyway, it didn't seem to make much difference.

When I am uncertain about the life of the atty I use a multimeter to measure current.

Happy Vaping