Filling A Cartomizer

Brian

I've got blank cartomizers from vapor4life. From the vids I've seen it looks like around 18 drops is common. However, I put in 20 drops and it still looks like it could take more. Just curious how many drop some of you use???

On a side note - I filled one with VT Tobacco this morning and I'm amazed at how much better it works with this juice. Not quite as good as the 510, but I'm pretty impressed.

Edited by Brian

Brian, I've been hearing some people rave about these cartomizers for use on high voltage mods. I assume because the HV mods suck up the juice and these carto's hold a lot. If they are holding up to 20 drops, I may pick some up. What are the carto's compatible with? ie..... 510,801,901?

Brian, I've been hearing some people rave about these cartomizers for use on high voltage mods. I assume because the HV mods suck up the juice and these carto's hold a lot. If they are holding up to 20 drops, I may pick some up. What are the carto's compatible with? ie..... 510,801,901?

901 I hear. I ordered an adapter from VT store so I can try it on my VP stuff.

See Chris' comment:

Adapter

Edited by Brian

I don't think I would use a cartomizer on high voltage ,I saw some pics somewhere that showeed the charred insides of one that someone just vaped a little too long.I think the element is not protected from the filler with a bridge like on the popular atty's.

I don't think I would use a cartomizer on high voltage ,I saw some pics somewhere that showeed the charred insides of one that someone just vaped a little too long.I think the element is not protected from the filler with a bridge like on the popular atty's.

The KR pass thru models (5 Volts)from Vapor Kings have a 5-6 second cut off to protect the cartomizer.They do this because they produce good vapor at higher volts but would burn if vaped to long.Drying out a cartomizer is sure death for the cart.I took one apart after it died and the inner wrap had several burn holes in it around the coil decreasing its contact area making it useless.Mine was burned from normal KR batteries vaped on a cart that was drying out.With higher volts you would need to be more carefull.I am finding that dripping 3-5 drops in the threaded end(battery end)and then cleaning off with tissue keeps it wet and vaping better and its not messy like 510 carts.Today I topped off 1 cartomizer 4-5 times with 5 drops and used it for 15 hours before giving it a rest.Get a real flavor rush from filling it that way.If it tastes burnt its time to refill it and rest it for a while before its too late.If you top them off as vapor decreases they will last longer.The KR and 510 are all I need to keep me happy!!

Edited by SteveD1

• 1 month later...

Agreed. I've gotten as much as 25 drops in when refilling cartomizers; surely depends how dry they are when starting. If they're blank I could imagine they'd hold even more than that. I've never filled a blank, only refilled pre-fills. But I have some that have been refilled as many as five times that still give plenty of flavorful vapor. I liked them on the PT too.

Agreed. I've gotten as much as 25 drops in when refilling cartomizers; surely depends how dry they are when starting. If they're blank I could imagine they'd hold even more than that. I've never filled a blank, only refilled pre-fills. But I have some that have been refilled as many as five times that still give plenty of flavorful vapor. I liked them on the PT too.

I never thought I would want to bother with filling blanks or even refilling carts, but after getting inconsistent performance out of prefilled cartomizers I wanted to try out the blanks. I get way way better flavor and vapor production out of the carts I filled myself.

Something tells me that the prefilled carts probably sit on a shelf somewhere for a pretty long time and dry out or something, the weird thing is that trying to fill up the poor performing carts doesn't seem to improve their performance :(

• 9 months later...