Nicotine free e-liquid?

tommytom

Hi,

Let me make this short! I just want to know regarding the nicotine free e-liquids.

I have fixed an appointment with a dentist in Edmonton for my dental implant to replace my missing front tooth (I lost it 6 months ago in an accident). But I heard that I should stop smoking at least 1 week before and 2 weeks after the surgery. And I read that smoking nicotine fee e-liquids after the implant would be a good idea.

But I have never tried them before. Are they safe? Or can you please suggest me some alternatives?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Tam
Removed spammy link.

If your dentist suggests using an electronic cigarette, we have plenty of starter kit options in the Vapor Talk Store: https://www.vaportalk.com/us/product-category/ecig-starter-kits/

If you're looking for something really a simple, a setup like the D16 or an "AIO" (all in one starter kit) might be a good first choice. As for your question as to "are they safe." That's really subjective, when comparing almost anything against traditional tobacco, the likelihood of it "being safer" has a high probability. At the end of the day though, you have to make that decision. (To be frank, we're legally limited to what we can or cannot say due to regulation) 

What I can say though, is that Vapor Talk is very transparent about it's products. We publicly list our testing information and ingrediants right on our product pages. We're also PMTA registred (though not PMTA approved, no company is as of yet). 

About 10-12 years ago, I needed a bridge, and the dentist I went to refused to install it because I was a smoker... citing some crazy study that smoking/nicotine would degrade/dissolve the cements and would degrade the stainless steel and ceramic.  That was pure BS!  If your dentist is suggesting you quit smoking for reasons of implant failure, find another dentist....

Now, if he is suggesting you quit smoking by switching to vaping for your overall health... he is correct.  Vaping has been proven by several, reputable sources to be at least 95% less harmful than traditional smoking, and many European studies agree 98% or higher.  If you are a current smoker, you will NEED the nicotine, at least for a while, as you ween yourself from the toxins found in traditional smoking.  If you are quitting Nicotine cold-turkey, you may as well not vape at all, IMO.

As @Christopher said, regulations have placed a gag-order on vendors/sellers/suppliers/manufacturers to restrict their ability to say anything regarding health benefits, but there are plenty of studies online to help you make your own decision... but I'd suggest reading the reports from the Royal College of Physicians (UK), as opposed to anything put out by the United States' CDC, FDA, or any of our Physicians Journals... as most of those studies are tainted by funding from Big Tobacco.