Curious about coil builds

Cloud-9

I started vaping a year ago with the Bequali starter kit and enjoyed it very much. Last Fall, I bought a couple of Joye eGo AIO's and was blown away by the sub-ohm clouds but they sure go through the juice quickly. I've just ordered a Smok Xpro M45 mini box which has a built in battery with the Cubis Pro tank. Now just waiting for the SMOKTECH G PRIV 220W TC AND TFV8 BIG BABY BEAST FULL KIT to be in stock.

My questions are:

1.since I consider myself only an intermediate daily user, how would I get started in building coils?

2.Do users do it to save money or make personalized coils to suit their needs?

3.Can it be dangerous and is it worth the effort and frustration over ready made coils?

4.How about the equipment needed taking into account that I have no knowledge of buildables?

5.Should I just stay with the starter kits as they already come ready to go and I just have to pick matching coils and batteries which is easy for me now than a few months ago?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of queries and really appreciate any feedback.

With the right equipment coil building is quite easy, you will need.

1 Wire (kanthal, Nichrome, SS316, depending on your preference).

2 Coil winding tool (I use a Coil Master)

3 Accurate ohm meter

4 Cotton

5 Lots of patience

Making your own coils isn't for everybody, there is a learning curve, After the initial investment you will save money. It has turned into a hobby for me, but I'm semi retired so I have spare time. The most important thing is safety, don't make coils that have too low of a resistance. A lot of people think the lower the resistance the bigger the cloud, which is true to a point, but if the resistance is too low the only cloud you will get is the cloud your battery makes when it blows up. Regulated mods will shut down if the resistance is too low, so it would be best to use a regulated mod, the mods you mentioned I believe are regulated.

I enjoy making them and customizing them to my taste.   I'm also making them for pennies on the dollar - literally.

You might also use the following:

Mini screwdriver set

Needle nose tweezers

Small, sharp cuticle scissors

Mini wire cutters or nail clippers

Pipe cleaners, q-tips, toothbrush

There's a definite learning curve to get them just right and to be able to do it fast. Watch a lot of youtube tutorials. Not all methods are equal. Once you're up and running, it's routine.