Is it okay to soak my tank in water and alcohol overnight?

I had a really strong flavor that just seems to linger in my tank no matter how many times I rinse it. So I put it in warm water and alcohol. Is it okay to let it soak like that overnight? It does still have its gaskets on it because Ive never been able to separate the top from the bottom to remove them. It wont dry them out will it? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-V520 using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I had a really strong flavor that just seems to linger in my tank no matter how many times I rinse it. So I put it in warm water and alcohol. Is it okay to let it soak like that overnight? It does still have its gaskets on it because Ive never been able to separate the top from the bottom to remove them. It wont dry them out will it? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Sent from my LG-V520 using The Vapor Talk mobile app

That sounds about right, ethyl alcohol is what I would use. It's probably best to separate the gaskets from the tank but it shouldn't hurt nothing if your only doing it once in a while. However, be sure not to stretch the gaskets and to be careful handling them! No worries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubbing alcohol also has a corrosive property to it, you might want to remove the seal rings asap so they don't get damaged.

I don't drink either but I keep a cheap bottle of vodka around to soak my tanks. You might want to consider that as an alternative. I think I paid about $6 for it and it's 6 months old, I still have  about 3/4's of the bottle left. It's worth the price for cleaning your expensive tanks without damage.