My thoughts on the toptank mini

Well,I have had it a few months,and I am very pleased with the vapor production all around,I run it with either nickel or stainless coils.there are some things I have noted,however.it runs excellent in watt mode on all my mods (rx200,istick 40 watt tc,subvod,subvod mega tc)while it is top notch in flavor and vapor production,I have noticed it runs a bit hot compared to other tanks I have used.I tend to vape at about 40 watts,and occasionally I run into it over heating my mods quickly in both wattage and temp modes,I have this problem more with the rx200,and I figured it was because this thing is a beast and I am using a low wattage tank.well,today I ran it in tc mode with the kanger ni200 ..15 ohm coil in my istick,just to test.sure enough,it ran very hot and temp control flashed after three draws on my mod. There is no need to crank up the temp on this one!however when I lowered the temp too much,I got nothing but dry hits.of course, I let it rest and made sure the coil was room temp when I tried again.I found a happy medium finally at 380 degrees on my istick.but when I run it in wattage mode on either the istick or rx200 even after lowering my desired wattage,it still ran hot on both mods.not as hot on the istick ,but still a bit hot,I could feel it getting warm in my hands.I have had no issues on the subvod or subvod mega tc.I am using the rba,by the way.have any of you ran into this with this tank?I have noticed it does this with juices that are not thick 50/50 pg/vg.when I use thicker juices,it gets worse.luckily I am not pg sensitive like I thought,just had a bad reaction to pg  in a particular juice.happy vaping every one! P.s.I am being gifted a crown for the rx200,by the same kind soul who gifted me the mod,batteries,and the nitecored4 digicharger. ...some people are just kind!!-

2 minutes ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

Well,I have had it a few months,and I am very pleased with the vapor production all around,I run it with either nickel or stainless coils.there are some things I have noted,however.it runs excellent in watt mode on all my mods (rx200,istick 40 watt tc,subvod,subvod mega tc)while it is top notch in flavor and vapor production,I have noticed it runs a bit hot compared to other tanks I have used.I tend to vape at about 40 watts,and occasionally I run into it over heating my mods quickly in both wattage and temp modes,I have this problem more with the rx200,and I figured it was because this thing is a beast and I am using a low wattage tank.well,today I ran it in tc mode with the kanger ni200 ..15 ohm coil in my istick,just to test.sure enough,it ran very hot and temp control flashed after three draws on my mod. There is no need to crank up the temp on this one!however when I lowered the temp too much,I got nothing but dry hits.of course, I let it rest and made sure the coil was room temp when I tried again.I found a happy medium finally at 380 degrees on my istick.but when I run it in wattage mode on either the istick or rx200 even after lowering my desired wattage,it still ran hot on both mods.not as hot on the istick ,but still a bit hot,I could feel it getting warm in my hands.I have had no issues on the subvod or subvod mega tc.I am using the rba,by the way.have any of you ran into this with this tank?I have noticed it does this with juices that are not thick 50/50 pg/vg.when I use thicker juices,it gets worse.luckily I am not pg sensitive like I thought,just had a bad reaction to pg  in a particular juice.happy vaping every one! P.s.I am being gifted a crown for the rx200,by the same kind soul who gifted me the mod,batteries,and the nitecored4 digicharger. ...some people are just kind!!-

Just for clarification, you are only running the stainless coils in wattage mode, correct?  You shouldn't be running the nickel in wattage mode, only in TC.

I've ran the 0.15 Ohm Ni200 coils on my Subtank mini and Toptank mini without issue of heating up.  I did find my juice preferred around 390-deg, so it's not far from your juice, but even juices that like 450-deg, there was no heating-up of the mod or tank.  I've not tried the SS coils (with pink o-rings), but run 1.2 Ohm Nichrome without ANY issues, even running higher Wattages from my single-18650 mods.

I'm not sure why it's getting hot... and I'm assuming your mod is getting hot, which is a cause for concern... the RX200 shouldn't get hot unless you're running max wattage or really high amps (low ohm coil), and even then, warm would be how I'd describe it.  Could your batteries be at the end of their life, or perhaps not genuine name-brand batteries??  Bad batteries would explain more, than an issue with the tank or coil, but then again... strange things happen :)

1 hour ago, Adversarious1 said:

Just for clarification, you are only running the stainless coils in wattage mode, correct?  You shouldn't be running the nickel in wattage mode, only in TC.

Yes I am only running nickel in tc mode.sorry for the confusion. Yeah the stainless in wattage.I prefer them to the nickel in tc mode on the rx200.

I use 3 Top tank minis, and 3 Subtank minis in rotation, each has a different flavor. I only use the RBA with a .5 SS coil, and even when chain vaping they get warm, but not hot. Depending on the juice I run 360F - 380F, Earthling could be on to something with what he said about the batteries, I only use the LG HG2 batteries in my mods, and don't have a problem with the mod getting hot or even warm. Using a Subvod, they get a little warm when chain vaping with a 1.2 coil, I have rebuilt the OCC horizontal coils with a .8 coil, and they did get hot so now I only rebuild them using a 1.2 kanthal coil. It could be the low ohm coil might cause the Top tank to heat up.

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

I've ran the 0.15 Ohm Ni200 coils on my Subtank mini and Toptank mini without issue of heating up.  I did find my juice preferred around 390-deg, so it's not far from your juice, but even juices that like 450-deg, there was no heating-up of the mod or tank.  I've not tried the SS coils (with pink o-rings), but run 1.2 Ohm Nichrome without ANY issues, even running higher Wattages from my single-18650 mods.

I'm not sure why it's getting hot... and I'm assuming your mod is getting hot, which is a cause for concern... the RX200 shouldn't get hot unless you're running max wattage or really high amps (low ohm coil), and even then, warm would be how I'd describe it.  Could your batteries be at the end of their life, or perhaps not genuine name-brand batteries??  Bad batteries would explain more, than an issue with the tank or coil, but then again... strange things happen :)

Maybe the batteries need replacing,but they are genuine samsung,I looked them up,he runs the same ones in his mods with no problem as well.I will buy new batteries,but as you know the istick has an internal batt,so idk,I'll replace them,thanks;)I've tried the 1.8 ohm horizontal and hated them.but i will pick up suggested batts,and try, try again.

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error

Well folks,problem sloved!I'm going to use such advanced terms haha.I figured it might be a connection problem so I unscrewed the part of the deck the coil screws in to,from the part that screws the tank to the mod,sure enough,it was dirty!cleaned it up real good,put it back together,and I have not had that problem since,how could i have forgotten that,I wonder?I am usually OCD on cleaning my tanks connections,ect.I guess everybody's brain turns to cream cheese sometimes?had not cleaned that part since I got it.I usually give everything a once over straight out of the box,lol.