Need Help in getting Chocolate flavor creamier

Edna

Hey all DYI Wizards

I love chocolate and I like to vape it but I'm having trouble getting my dark chocolate to taste richer/creamier when I'm making my chocolate strawberry.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. or need to do...THANKS for any advice

Here's my  recipe: (I'd like to keep it around 60/40 or 70/30 VG/PG)

0.4ml PG

15 ml VG

6ml Double Chocolate (dark) TFA

3ml Strawberry TFA

1.5 Bavarian Cream (whatever I have-Given to me- so unsure)

1ml Sweetener TFA

plus (1.6 nic in VG)

Edited by Edna

That Dark Double Chocolate is quite dry and bland... I have used it a couple times and the only way to "creamy" it up was to add equal parts chocolate and Bavarian Cream, and even then it was still "dry" tasting.  Have you tried Vanilla Custard in the mix as well?  It will often sweeten and add a different dimension to chocolate, especially dark chocolate.

This is one reason I like to use Milk Chocolate for my recipies with chocolate... if I want the Dark Chocolate flavor, I'll add it as an addition (about half or less than the volume of Milk Chocolate I use), and then I'll also add in Vanilla Custard and/or Bavarian Cream as needed to soften the flavor.

Don't go too hard on the Bavarian Cream... it can make it taste bitter if you over-do it :)  I'd add in another 1-3ml in 1ml shots to see how it does...  Also, Bavarian Cream will get stronger after mixing...or you'll taste it more after a day or two... so what tastes good right after mixing may be too strong after it steeps a bit?

51 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Don't go too hard on the Bavarian Cream... it can make it taste bitter if you over-do it :)  I'd add in another 1-3ml in 1ml shots to see how it does...  Also, Bavarian Cream will get stronger after mixing...or you'll taste it more after a day or two... so what tastes good right after mixing may be too strong after it steeps a bit?

I'll keep that in mind thanks! :)

Edited by Edna

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2016 at 8:41 AM, Earthling789 said:

That Dark Double Chocolate is quite dry and bland... I have used it a couple times and the only way to "creamy" it up was to add equal parts chocolate and Bavarian Cream, and even then it was still "dry" tasting.  Have you tried Vanilla Custard in the mix as well?  It will often sweeten and add a different dimension to chocolate, especially dark chocolate.

This is one reason I like to use Milk Chocolate for my recipies with chocolate... if I want the Dark Chocolate flavor, I'll add it as an addition (about half or less than the volume of Milk Chocolate I use), and then I'll also add in Vanilla Custard and/or Bavarian Cream as needed to soften the flavor.

I to had difficulty getting chocolate mixes to taste correct, and then it happened! I saw a hershey chocolate bar there in print it said MILK!!!! Went home played with percentages a bit and BAM!!!! Creamy York peppermint patti