vape tongue?

Leighanne

So i just bought two new flavors that are somewhat fruity, the first half of the tank tastes great then i cant taste any flavor at all. I was told that i need to go back to regular tobacco flavor and then the fruit taste buds will come back... anyone else having issues like this?

If you vape one or a very similar flavor for too long you lose the ability to taste it. That also can happen with drinks, candy... anything that has a flavor to it. In your case (and this happens to all of us at one point or another), you just need to either vape a different flavor -- it doesn't have to be tobacco, it can be a non-fruity candy flavor, a bakery flavor... anything other than something similar to what you've been vaping. Doing that can help.

Another thing that can help is to sniff a deep whiff of coffee grounds. The smell of the coffee grounds can help to "cleanse your palate."

Make sure you're staying hydrated by drinking lots of water because vaping dehydrates you -- this can also decrease your ability to taste. Stick with regular, unflavored water, not juice, not soda, coffee or tea - stick with regular water.

Thank you very much, yeah im using a vanilla type one now that has a tobacco taste too, about how long does it take to be able to taste the fruity ones again?

I already drink tons of water, but why does vaping make you more dehydrated?

I think it all depends on the person. Some people can switch flavors for a short time then go back to the flavor they couldn't taste and have it be fine while others take longer. Vaping is a very subjective thing that is different for everyone.

Vaping dehydrates you due to the Propylene Glycol in the e-liquid.

Sometimes eating something salty or spicy can also bring the flavor back...I'm not sure why. I noticed this after I went to a local Mexican joint and had some habenaro salsa (yummy)  and had chicken green chile taco's ( I love hot foods) and I noticed after leaving my chocolate mint juice tasted really great..better than normal. It was like it reset my tastebuds.

Tam's right though...drink lots it does help.