Preserving e-liquid for the future?

Ok, With all the FDA crap going on here's my thing..

How does one go about preserving e-liquid for the FDA apocalypse if there is one. I mean can it be frozen or what? How would one go about storing e-liquid for the future. I have been told that it has a shelf life of roughly 1 year. If that's true how would you preserve it longer? Thanks..

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk 2

I keep most of my nic base, PG, and VG in the freezer. It doesn't freeze solid, but gets really thick. I'm still using nic base that I got about 3 years ago, when I got it I broke 1 liter of 100mg base into 4 250 ml glass bottles, and stored most of it in the freezer. I use a 250 ml bottle to do my mixing with. Its just as clear as the day I put it in there, no noticeable oxidation yet. The nic base might be the only thing that will be hard to get, VG and PG will always be available. so will flavors. Right not I have 9 250 ml bottles of 100mg base in the freezer, besides the 250 ml bottle I mix with. I don't know how long already mixed juice would last, but I'm guessing at least several years if kept in the freezer, with as little air in the bottle as possible.

I use 4mg juice so a 250 ml bottle of 100mg should make about 6250 ml of juice.

Edited by FXRich

Storing pre-mixed juices is an issue... their life can be extended by putting them in the freezer, but your limitation on how long they'll last will be determined by when they were mixed and the quality of the PG/VG/flavorings used to mix them.  They say juice has a shelf-life of 1-2 years because that is the "shelf-life" or "half-life" of the weakest ingredient (the Nicotine base).  Putting them in the freezer will, at a minimum, double the shelf-life, and if they are full to the brim (no air in the bottle), they can be kept frozen for many years... possibly even decades!

As FXRich said... DIY is a better way to go to extend the life of your juices... ingredients can be frozen and kept far longer than mixed liquids, and when you want to mix a batch, you can simply use smaller lots of your ingredients, while keeping the bulk frozen and free of air (Oxygen).  I do the same thing with my Nicotine base... I break liter bottles into smaller 240-250ml bottles and use them one at a time so the remainder can stay Oxygen-free and frozen.  One thing to mention is that Nicotine base in PG lasts (in the freezer or on the shelf) far longer than Nicotine base in VG, so unless you are looking to mix 75% or higher VG juices... buy your Nicotine base in PG, or at the very least 50/50 PG/VG blended base.

• 1 month later...

Rats, I got my 250 ml of nicotine in VG maybe I'll grab one in pg too ,just in case.That should keep me busy for a long while ^_^

Come on vapepocolypse!   I'm going to meet you head on :)