SUBVOD TANK BLINKING 3 TIMES WHEN I TRY TO TAKE A PUFF

My subvod blinks 3 times when i try to vape. The battery has a full charge and I tried putting other coils in the tank and still nothing no smoke at all. When the tank is off the button functions normally and the light stays on as long as I hold the button.please help me pleaseeee

My subvod blinks 3 times when i try to vape. The battery has a full charge and I tried putting other coils in the tank and still nothing no smoke at all. When the tank is off the button functions normally and the light stays on as long as I hold the button.please help me pleaseeee

They should work just fine, the Subvod will blink 3 times when the coil is below .5 ohms or if there is a short, I have Subvods and have tried to use a coil below .5 and all it will do is blink 3 times. Factory coils aren't that accurate, and yours might be .49 or .48 and cause the mod to think there is a short.

Probably not the battery, more than likely you have a bad batch of coils or maybe the coils were packaged wrong, which is possible, what does the coils have printed on them?

Did the Subvod work when you got it?

Yes a .5 coil will work in a Subvod, if that is what you have.

Edited by FXRich

I used this exact same coil in it while it started flashing so I don't understand how the coil is no longer working and I just exchanged it with the same coil and it still is blinking the coil imprint is Kanger 0.5 omega symbol 15w-60w

The coils are working because I just switch the same one out in my kbox mini

You can take it back to the vape shop, or try a higher resistance coil, or put the tank on your subox mini and see what happens, you may also have a short in the tank base. If you have a Subtank mini try putting that on the Subvod.

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2016 at 3:17 PM, Markjizzle1 said:

I had the same issue.  I was new to vapping and when my coil was bad I bought a new subtank for it online that already come with a new coil in it and I wanted a spare tank anyway.  But when I put the tank on it was still flashing 3 times.  I went to a Dr Vape and I bought a new coil.  It appeared this coil was the same but looked like it was of better quality.  I put the better quality coil in and it worked just fine.  So even if your using a new coil, it might just be a crappy quality coil.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine did the same tonight. New cartridge...pen blink 3x , 3x, then off.  I unscrew the cartridge  and it works fine, tried another...worked fine.

I heard they had a batch of clogged cartridges...guess I just gave one as a welcome home gift.....not happy..

What to do...

The subvod blinks 3x to indicate a short or that the atomizer (coil and/or tank base) is not seating properly or making contact with the battery.

Remove the tank and take it apart... clean the base where the coil attaches (if it has juice residue, hot water works well... q-tips are great for removing residue/juice/water... let the base dry.  Re-seat the coil nice and tight, then look at the base of the tank... there is a center pin which can be pulled out a tiny bit... pull it out with your fingernail or a small screwdriver/knife/etc.  Fill and re-assemble the tank.  Now look at the battery... clean the center contact and threads (where the tank goes) with a q-tip, then repeat with a q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol on it... let it dry!

Put it all back together and it should work.  If not, then try a different coil, being careful to seat it fully (and prime it with juice).

I have a couple of subvods, it happens to me sometimes when I screw the tank on too tight, when I back it off a little it works fine. I think it has to do with the factory coils varying in length, some being a little longer than others.

• 10 months later...

Old topic but if anyone still looking for a fix. I just fixed my kanger subvod. The floating 510 has a rubber seal under the center pin that came loose causing the center pin to short out. I just crammed it down into the battery and fitted a rubber piece from the bottom of a ego style clearomizer tank. Just pull out the bottom center pin look for a rubber seal. Not much explanation here but for what its worth might save you 30 bucks.