Joyful

dlynne

At 11 am today, it will be 8 days that I am 100% tobacco-free after 40+ years of smoking 1 1/2 packs of day (average). I have ZERO urges for an analog and I feel great.

I am joyful this Christmas that I am finally FREE of tobacco, after trying to quit so many times over the years, all ending in a big fail (until now).

I am joyful that I will be able to hug my father, niece and nephews this Christmas and not smell like a cigarette.

I am joyful that my brothers (both heavy smokers) want to try the e-cig (starter kits are my Christmas present this year to both of them).

I am JOYFUL that my New Year's resolution is to start working out on a more regular basis -- and NOT that I will give up cigarettes, as I have already done that, and my energy is increasing on a daily basis. :jump:

I am joyful that I found this forum, and the good people who post here. Thank you, thank you!

Happy Holidays.

Edited by dlynne

dlynne, we are all so proud of you! Thank you for this wonderful post! I don't think we say enough about how VT really changed our lives and may very well have saved our lives. I honestly don't think I would have been successful at vaping if it had not been for the wonderful people on this forum.

Good luck and happy holidays to everyone at VT!

As usual I'm pulling up the tail end of this one, but I'm with you too! Congratulations on your first week+ off the analogs. That does feel wonderful. As a heavy smoker myself for over 40 years, I never thought I'd be able to quit successfully. Vaping and everyone here pulled me through too. My hat's off to you, and I wish you all the best in the future as you begin to feel even better than you do today. You won't believe how much it's going to change your life. thumbsup.gif

Today is the first day of living tobacco free!!!

Just got my TopRol 510 in the mail...waiting eagerly for it to charge. I have a question for you long time users. Have you noticed any major health improvements since you started vaping?

Just got my TopRol 510 in the mail...waiting eagerly for it to charge. I have a question for you long time users. Have you noticed any major health improvements since you started vaping?

Crepitus - check out this post. Lots of people and lots of feeling better stories.

My link

BTW - Welcome to VT! You should start a post to introduce yourself! You'll find everyone here is very helpful and supportive.

Edited by Brian

Crepitus - check out this post. Lots of people and lots of feeling better stories.

My link

BTW - Welcome to VT! You should start a post to introduce yourself! You'll find everyone here is very helpful and supportive.

Brian! Cool man! Thanks, that made my day. :) And Crepitus I agree - start your own thread so we can wow you with how cool vaping is. ;) Welcome!

Edited by ddavelarsen

After 8 days:

1. The skin on my face looks so clean and fresh! I have spent a fortune over the years on face creams, etc. Nothing has made a bigger improvement to my complexion than 8 days free of tobacco.

2. My sense of smell comes in spurts. Suddenly, and from time-to-time, I will notice something new, like the smell of coffee, or the smell of disinfectant when I walk into a building. My sense of smell is not consistent, yet, though.

3. I wake up in the morning full of energy. I jump out of bed and feel no cruddy hangover from....tobacco.

4. I sleep through the night like a baby.

5. I get tired much later in the evening than I did before.

6. After a few days of the sniffles, my smoker's cough is all but gone. Sometimes I cough from vaping, but it is a different cough, and I just drink some water.

7. I just love to walk and climb stairs. I can't get over the difference in 8 short days

8. I have a sense of wonder....is this really me? Wow!

Keep with it, you will love it, and you will love the people in this forum. Keep us informed!

@dlynne, that was nice and congratulations on your success.

@Crepitus, Does being able to breathe count as a health improvement? Or walking without getting winded?

After 8 days:

7. I just love to ... climb stairs.

Ah... Well. Let's not get carried away! :D Being suddenly able to climb stairs is one thing - but enjoying it? There was a reason I didn't go out for basketball all those decades ago in high school. One afternoon running up and down stairs convinced me.

After 8 days:

8. I have a sense of wonder....is this really me? Wow!

Oh yeah! I get that too.

And oddly, my sense of smell is intermittent as well. I hadn't realized it though.

"Joyful" - that is a good way to feel. I think this is one of my favorite threads - and that's saying something. thumbsup.gif