Thinking about the cuboid...

Considering picking up a couple of cuboids, get the ol lady something with a little more juice than the kbox, she doesn't want to use the fuchai, or the snow wolf, and I won't let her use my rx200, (It's usually in my hands) but that cleito tank I got with the snow wolf will handle some wattage so I it's time...

anyone got one? I'm struggling to find any faults with them based on the reviews, TC isn't a priority by any means, but it's nice if it works, but not a huge deal. (TC is a fickle beast, so much depends on the mod and they all seem to do it different,) I like the display, and the size seems to be a plus too. Pros or cons I may not have hit on?

Thx.

3 minutes ago, Tam said:

The first thing I would ask is, "what does she want?"

She doesn't really know. She doesn't follow all the devices or get into it as much as I do. She just wants something that works that will push more power. It took some convincing to get her off the subvod onto the kbox, and she loves it now.

I've shown her the cuboid and she likes the looks, but she'll (and this sounds horrible but this is by her own choice) go with whatever I suggest the most. I like the cuboid, but don't want to rule anything else out. I know she's not big on the xcube2 (from the short time I had one) it was too big. While all of my current devices are 200w it's not required, I don't usually go over 75w, but like having the head room if I do find a need to go higher... But I could prolly get away with a 75-100w for her if there is something comparable and cheaper than the cuboid. The comparable kangers seem to be more expensive, and of course we'd keep the kbox she's got now so she'll have back ups, she's got a subtank nano, and mini, and the cleito, so it'd be nice for her to have something she can use the .2 cleito coils with. (kbox only does down to .5)

I'll have to hit that link up and get more batteries too... lol I've got 8 now and if I get any more mods I'll have to get more.

I have a Cuboid and like it. The only slight negative I have is the battery door can be a little difficult to open when there are no batteries in it. I have also done the firmware update to 3.01 without any difficlty.

Ol lady got a new gig so I pulled the trigger on celebratory mods. Ordered 2 mods and 4 batteries (lg hg2's iirc) mods will be here tomorrow and hopefully the batteries will too, if not they'll be here tuesday.

Kinda stoked cause my lead guy at work got a cuboid so I've gotten to fiddle with it a bit and I like the size and screen alot. I think I'm going to look at picking up either another triforce or herakles for it for me, and another triforce or something for the ol lady's.

I've got to find somewhere to buy triforce coils in bulk. lol

Mods and batteries arrived today. I am pleased so far. I've already upgraded the firmware on both and the ol lady seems to dig on hers. Battery life on hers seems to be fantastic, but with mine it's a new toy, so it didn't get put down much. lol

I've gotten into the habit of using my velocity when I'm home so it's currently running it, but I had the small triforce on it, and it was running it perfectly. I like the puff counter, but hoped the 'time' would be the actual time, not time vaping, but I suppose thats helpful too... lol

Traded for a herakles got one of the stainless steel 316 coils and ran it in temp control and it worked fine in the ss316 mode.

Low on triforce coils I threw a nickel coil in the big triforce, and in nickel mode is working well. This is the only time I've ever had a ni200 coil work in the stock nickel mode. Even on the rx200 I have to jack the tcr way up to get it to work right.

Gotta say the cuboid was a solid buy. Battery life is acceptable, since I've had it a few days now and I'm not just constantly chooching.