Tesla steampunk

I typically use a tobeco velocity mini or a Steam Angel dark horse and they work great on this mod. Reading around I saw a lot of people talking about using 0.5ohm subtank atomizers. I put my playboy vixen on with a. 0.1 ni200 and then a 0.5 kanthol and it instantly fried the coils. The battery in the mod was about a gazillion degrees. I then put my aspire mega on the mod. Worked like a charm. It has a 0.3 coil. Can someone tell me why it killed 2 playboy coils? I'm using a 3000mah 3.7 efest battery. Doesn't make sense. I've only been vaping about 3 months. Help? 

Is it the mechanical mod or the box mod?  

There's really only one reason a battery behaves that way.  Too low of resistance matched up with an inadequate battery that can't handle the power.  I'm glad you are ok. Consider yourself lucky.

since you don't specify exactly what you are using it's kind of tough to troubleshoot.  

Yeah, ok.  That mod cannot use .1 ohm Ni. Coils.  You need the regulated TC mod (temp control) for that coil. 

You likely put that battery nearly under a direct short trying that coil.  It sounds like you may have been reading something about the tesla steampunk TC mod and not realizing the difference.  I don't know.  You also might not have any kind of short circuit control on that mech mod.  I'd be really careful in the future and not go too low res on that mech mod.  You are very lucky!  :)