Atlantis Mega

Vic

Bought a Mega off E-bay for 20 dollars and got it in 4 days. Filled it up with Mothers milk and was expecting this wonderful big hit. I dont think the holes were drilled on the inside of the air flow adjustment. Just sent it back today so I hope the one they send back works. 

Are you sure that what you got was an authentic Atlantis and not a knock off? That's a problem with purchasing from eBay, some vendors are not as forthcoming as they should be. I hope the next one works better for you.

2 hours ago, Tam said:

Are you sure that what you got was an authentic Atlantis and not a knock off? That's a problem with purchasing from eBay, some vendors are not as forthcoming as they should be. I hope the next one works better for you.

It is a clone but heard for others they worked great. It looks like its from Atlantis. Box and all but it did say clone. I have a shop in my garage from racing and if it wasnt SS I would drill the holes but Through my years I have burnt up a lot of drill bits from SS.

Edited by Vic
To add.

It should be 304 SS, if that's the case it shouldn't be that hard, speaking as a machinist the 400 series SS can be pretty hard but 304 is fairly soft for a SS, I haven't had 304 work harden on me except when its been welded. Just to be curious what kind of racing did you do?

2 minutes ago, FXRich said:

It should be 304 SS, if that's the case it shouldn't be that hard, speaking as a machinist the 400 series SS can be pretty hard but 304 is fairly soft for a SS, I haven't had 304 work harden on me except when its been welded. Just to be curious what kind of racing did you do?

Karts for my son,  then asphalt when he turned 16. A late model. Or at that time they were called ASA cars. His second year we made the top 4 every week racing the rich people, 

I should of tried to drill the air holes out. If the one they send me is the same I will drill!

I machined a lot of parts for racers, mostly late model, and sprint, one of the few customers I have left after I semi retired is Fuel Safe, maybe you heard of them. With friends in the racing business they talked me into letting them tweak the engine in my dodge, I gained HP and MPG.

• 10 months later...

Sorry I didnt update this. Been a long time since Ive been on here. I did get my replacement and the top holes weren't drilled lol. At Least with the second one the holes in the bottom air flow were drilled. It still has a good air flow so Im ok with it but will never buy a clone again. 

This is my third favorite tank. My Uwell crowns are second and my new TFV8 rocks!!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines