Newbie question

Topofdamorning

Im new to vaping. I have a Joyetech Evic Vtc Mini with Cubis tank. Im changing from the tron tank to the cubis tank. Im using the cubis 0.5 ohms coil. Do I need to do anything to the settings when i put the cubis tank on? Will it  recognize the new tank and coil automatically? Do i use power mode with this coil and stay under 25 watts still? Any help would  greatly be appreciated 

2 hours ago, Topofdamorning said:

Im new to vaping. I have a Joyetech Evic Vtc Mini with Cubis tank. Im changing from the tron tank to the cubis tank. Im using the cubis 0.5 ohms coil. Do I need to do anything to the settings when i put the cubis tank on? Will it  recognize the new tank and coil automatically? Do i use power mode with this coil and stay under 25 watts still? Any help would  greatly be appreciated 

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

With the VTC mini you need to click the fire button 3 times and select the proper mode.  If you want to use Power Mode, use the right button to select POWER. Start quite a bit lower than you think you need and go up until you are happy with the vape, but not tasting anything burnt.

If you are running it in TC mode, start with a cool atomizer, the click the fire button 3 times, use the right button until you get to SS316. While it is flashing click the left button to go to the PWR set it for something around 25watts.  Click the left button one more time and then the right one to lock the resistance.  Then hit the fire button.  Turn the temp up to about 300F or so and try it.  If it is too hot turn it down, too cold turn it up.  You may have to go back and turn the PWR up if it will not reach the temp, if it is going into temp control too fast, turn the PWR down.

I am sure that is clear as mud, but basically start low and work your way up, then keep asking questions and we will try to help you get it where you need it!