what starter kit is better??!!! help!!!????

vapez

im trying to decide which starter kit to buy for my friend. i am trying to get him off cigarettes as well as myself. he has tried a few vapes now and is ready to spend a decent amount of money for a nice and simple one.

so...

which starter kit is the better buy?

SMOKtech Micro One 80W TC Micro TFV4 STARTER KIT

or

KANGER TOPBOX MINI 75W TC STARTER KIT

ive heard great things about both vapes,  and the smok comes with a battery. both are evenly priced, 

which one has better clouds and which one has better flavor?????

With a little knowledge you can make anything produce flavor and clouds.

But remember,  more clouds does not necessarily mean more flavor. 

You can find a happy median with both devices. All about juice and coil resistance/wicking.

1 hour ago, Bebop said:

With a little knowledge you can make anything produce flavor and clouds.

But remember,  more clouds does not necessarily mean more flavor. 

You can find a happy median with both devices. All about juice and coil resistance/wicking.

he says he wants a bit more clouds than flavor, and what does coil resistance and wicking mean?

9 minutes ago, vapez said:

he says he wants a bit more clouds than flavor, and what does coil resistance and wicking mean?

It means you and your friend would be well served to do a little research on these terms so you can vape safely and not wind up on the six o'clock news as a new casualty.  :) 

Just now, Tam said:

It means you and your friend would be well served to do a little research on these terms so you can vape safely and not wind up on the six o'clock news as a new casualty.  :) 

well i guess thats what im here for. but i will go look it up hhaaha

Hahaha.

What it means is, you need your wickingworking to be able to keep up with the temperature your coil produces. if it cannot Wick the juice fast enough you'll scorch the Wick and get a terrible taste. so power doesn't mean everything. if you throw 50 watts at it but your juice can't keep up bad news. in a stock coil off the shelf they boast being able to handle 40 watts or whatever but the truth is it'll be a lot less than that. unless of course you are building your own coils where you get to control all of that. that's where the fun really starts.

2 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Hahaha.

What it means is, you need your wickingworking to be able to keep up with the temperature your coil produces. if it cannot Wick the juice fast enough you'll scorch the Wick and get a terrible taste. so power doesn't mean everything. if you throw 50 watts at it but your juice can't keep up bad news. in a stock coil off the shelf they boast being able to handle 40 watts or whatever but the truth is it'll be a lot less than that. unless of course you are building your own coils where you get to control all of that. that's where the fun really starts.

ok i gotcha, so i want a high resistance, like 1-2 or around that. i have had that terrible taste and now know why so thank you. and how often must you buy and switch coils?

Just now, vapez said:

ok i gotcha, so i want a high resistance, like 1-2 or around that. i have had that terrible taste and now know why so thank you. and how often must you buy and switch coils?

You don't need to go as high as 2.0 ohm coils. My go to tank is an Aspire Triton 2. Although I have the rebuildable, I prefer the stock coils -- call me lazy.  :) With the Triton 2, they make a 1.8 ohm coil. Just bought two more tanks and four 5-packs of 1.8 ohm replacement coils. I change coils when it doesn't give off the flavor/vapor (it doesn't work as well as it should) anymore. The kind of juice you use also plays a part in how long a coil will last. With light colored, less sweet juices, the coil will last much longer. With dark, sweet juices like what I vape everyday, I get about six tankfuls before having to change the coil. The sweet, dark juices gunk up coils faster.

1 minute ago, Tam said:

You don't need to go as high as 2.0 ohm coils. My go to tank is an Aspire Triton 2. Although I have the rebuildable, I prefer the stock coils -- call me lazy.  :) With the Triton 2, they make a 1.8 ohm coil. Just bought two more tanks and four 5-packs of 1.8 ohm replacement coils. I change coils when it doesn't give off the flavor/vapor (it doesn't work as well as it should) anymore. The kind of juice you use also plays a part in how long a coil will last. With light colored, less sweet juices, the coil will last much longer. With dark, sweet juices like what I vape everyday, I get about six tankfuls before having to change the coil. The sweet, dark juices gunk up coils faster.

ok great. so going back to the starter kits. the starter kit that comes with extra coils would be a big benifit to right? the kanger i believe comes with 3 or 4 coils and the smok comes with 2

The coils that come with the tanks are generally... how to say this nicely... crap. Most of us throw them to the side for when we get into a pinch. For some odd reason, the coils that come with tanks don't perform as well as the replacement coils. The Triton 2 comes with two coils (one 0.5 Ω Clapton and one 1.8 Ω), it also comes with a separate Pyrex tank if you don't want to use the plastic one that comes on the tank when you buy it.

ALWAYS buy extra coils right away. You won't be sorry.

ok. so after talking about all of this. i guess since these kits are avery similar in performance i guess for me it comes down to which one will accept the best variety of coils, which one will will be the easiest to use and understand, and which one is overall cheaper.

Just now, vapez said:

ok. so after talking about all of this. i guess since these kits are avery similar in performance i guess for me it comes down to which one will accept the best variety of coils, which one will will be the easiest to use and understand, and which one is overall cheaper.

It also comes down to how you vape. Are you a mouth to lung vaper or a direct lung vaper? The two tanks that Bebop suggested are better suited for direct to lung vaping. That means you inhale the vapor straight into your lungs. Most former smokers have a hard time with doing that at first. Mouth to lung is more like smoking a cigarette where you inhale into your mouth first, wait a split second before inhaling into the lungs.

2 minutes ago, Tam said:

It also comes down to how you vape. Are you a mouth to lung vaper or a direct lung vaper? The two tanks that Bebop suggested are better suited for direct to lung vaping. That means you inhale the vapor straight into your lungs. Most former smokers have a hard time with doing that at first. Mouth to lung is more like smoking a cigarette where you inhale into your mouth first, wait a split second before inhaling into the lungs.

yeah im pretty sure im a direct lung vapor. yeah that stuff is going straight to my lungs.