Spade Problem!

I think it might be the batteries, as I've been having the same problem. My batteries are already shot I think, as I get maybe 1.5 hours out of one and maybe 30-45 minutes out of the other. I just ordered 6 more, so we'll see. My spade is hitting fine with the battery thats still getting 1.5 hours for a while, but dwindles fairly fast. I'm finding myself going back to my 510 batteries pretty often now.

The above pretty much describes my situation with my spade that I just got yesterday bang on, only difference being since this is my first ecig, I have nothing to compare it to or other models to swap parts with. I charged each battery for 8 hours. Super dissapointed. Got mine from Dietsmokes.

Edited by Crimus

The above pretty much describes my situation with my spade that I just got yesterday bang on, only difference being since this is my first ecig, I have nothing to compare it to or other models to swap parts with. I charged each battery for 8 hours. Super dissapointed. Got mine from Dietsmokes.

No need to charge the batteries for 8 hours. They come pretty much completely charged. The first charge on my spade the batteries didn't seem to last all that long. After subsequent charges they were fine. It really doesn't make sense, since lithium ion batteries don't require a primer charge or have a charging memory, but other people have stated the same thing. If you're batteries are still giving you problems after a charge or two, I'm sure you can get the batteries replaced.

The charger that comes with them can be a little bit tricky though. Make sure they have good contact when you charge them to insure you are getting a full charge.

I cleaned everything with an eraser and the batteries still don't last long. They drain fast and when they get low the light flickers and sometimes the light doesn't come on until I push the button harder. It may just be the warmth of my hand or just in my head but it seems the Spade gets slightly warm when I try to chain vape it. I have three atties and they all performing well on my 510 but the Spade isn't performing near as well with any of them. There is either something wrong with the charger, batteries, or ,hopefully not, the Spade. What should I do now?

edit: The batteries charge up fast sometimes when I put it on the charger, so maybe they are not draining.

Edited by Schizophretard

This sounds so much like the problem I was having. Except my batteries didn't charge fast. I really think you should contact Jeso. Since he's the one who makes them, he knows what to do about it. He's a great guy and will take care of you.

My batteries don't last either. I've had a time or two that I've pressed the button and nothing, have to press it a little harder to get anything but it's not common yet, hopefully it doesn't become a problem. I'm in the same boat as you Schizophretard. My batteries charge up quickly and die quickly, so I'm assuming either the charger is faulty or the batteries are already full of dead cells. When I get my new batteries I should know for sure.

Sometimes I do drain them and they take awhile to charge but sometimes I just think they drained because of the bad performance and flickering light but I'll put them back on the charger and in about 10 mins the light is green again. Right now I'm just using my 510 because it is performing way better. It is hard to get my atty hot and require a cool down on the Spade but I can do it in 5 mins with my 510. If the situation requires me to send it back for repairs or an exchange then I want to solve the problem with the least amount of cost to Parked and Jeso.

My batteries don't last either. I've had a time or two that I've pressed the button and nothing, have to press it a little harder to get anything but it's not common yet, hopefully it doesn't become a problem. I'm in the same boat as you Schizophretard. My batteries charge up quickly and die quickly, so I'm assuming either the charger is faulty or the batteries are already full of dead cells. When I get my new batteries I should know for sure.

Please keep me updated. If buying a better charger and some more batteries will solve the problem then I rather do that then exchange a perfectly good Spade.

I just emailed him.

Hi,

If the LED is flickering or dimming, then there is a connection problem. The cap has to be screwed on tight, because

the end of the cap (stainless steel) must conduct to the edge of the aluminum body.

If the unit still has a problem, contact where you purchased for a RMA# to have sent to us and we will

investigate whats wrong.

We want your spade to perform like it should.

Best Regards

jeso

Sorry this is off topic:

First off I want to say I've never met Jeso or purchased anything from him. I am very impressed with the customer service that was shown here. It's that kind of hands on customer service that I look for in a supplier. Maybe there's a VP2 in my future. :D

I asked for the RMA# from Parked but instead I read in my email that he shipped me something that weighs a pound. I wonder if it is a box to ship the Spade with instructions what to do(Sony did that with my PS3), an atty, or something. Does anyone that has done business with Parked have any idea what he shipped? I trust that he is doing the right thing but I'm curious about what is going on. I haven't done much business online, so I don't know how this all works.

I asked for the RMA# from Parked but instead I read in my email that he shipped me something that weighs a pound. I wonder if it is a box to ship the Spade with instructions what to do(Sony did that with my PS3), an atty, or something. Does anyone that has done business with Parked have any idea what he shipped? I trust that he is doing the right thing but I'm curious about what is going on. I haven't done much business online, so I don't know how this all works.

This doesn't usually happen. He may send out a replacement and ask you to send the broken unit back.

Most suppliers will ask you send the unit back, once they have the unit they will repair it or send out a new unit if all else fails. Parker also normally responds to you before sending something out, check your junk folder.

I don't own a Spade but I have 3 VP2's from Jeso and Mary and one thing you can all expect is to be taken care of 150%. I've had minor only issues and I gotta say they are on the ball,fast with responses and will make certain you have a product that performs as it should. They have both IMO gone over and above the level of customer service I expected.

That being said I'd be willing to bet most of any problems that do arise with their products are probably associated with the rechargable batteries. The QC on all of them seems weak and there are alot of defects with all of the battery models it seems. You should always make sure you have a good supply in backup cause they can go bad in the blink of an eye.

Derek