Best batteries for Kanger Subox?

Geralyn

What resistance coils are you looking at using with this battery? That would play a part with what kinds will be recommended for you. Be careful of rewrapped counterfeit batteries, you only want genuine original name brands to be as safe as possible. I'll leave the rest up to @jasonculp for the geek speak. He's really into batteries and can steer you in the right direction.

@mozelley This is the first time I've heard about AWT 40A 300 mAh batteries. Can you give some details on why "these batteries are good" and what's you background with vaping? What resistance of coils are you using in what tank? Are you building your own coils or using stock coils? I'm just very curious because you're new.  :) 

Edited by Tam

4 hours ago, Geralyn said:

So my old Samsung batteries are having some issues and I'm looking for new battery to power up my Kanger Subox that I recently purchased. Kindly suggest me some good battery that I can buy online.

Thanks y'all.

The Samsung 25R is still one of the best batteries out there for the money... The Tiffany Blue ones or the new Green 25R5's are the same specs, and should be fine for your SubBox (I'll assume 50W version, but will also be fine in the 75WTC MOD).  I've had a couple Samsung's go south on me in the past year, but that can happen to any Li-Ion cell... Of the more than a dozen I regularly rotate through, even the ones I purchased 18-months ago are still going strong.  For me, I cannot recommend the 25R enough, although I also regularly recommend LG's HE2 and HG2 as well, but for the price, you cannot beat Samsung.

4 hours ago, mozelley said:

Give a try to AWT 40A 3000mah. These batteries are good. I'm using them with my Sigelei 150w from around one month and they are working fine for me.

I'd like to know about these as well... independent test results, etc.... to my knowledge, no battery has been independently tested to provide higher than 30A continuous discharge, so I'll assume 40A is the pulse-rate?  There are plenty of other batteries out there with higher pulse-rates, and that is not an indication of of their sustained discharge or safety.  Furthermore, as mAh increase, discharge-rate (Amps) decrease... it's just a fact of physics, so my guess is these 3000mAh batteries are likely 20A (or lower) continuous discharge....

Here is the latest test @Mooch has done on the AWT. 

AWT 40A 3000mAh 18650 Bench Retest Results...only a 20A battery, damaged at over 30A

It isn't a bad battery, just like all rewraps, it grossly misrepresents the specifications on the label.

My personal favorites for a single 18650 mod are:

0 - 60 watts - LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q (if you are on a budget, Samsung 25R)

60+ watts - LG HB2, HB4, or HB6.  The Sony VTC4 (not  VTC5) if you buy from a reputable dealer.

2 hours ago, mozelley said:

@Tam I'm just sharing my experience here. Local vape shop near me recommended me to use it and it's working fine for me.

And that's what should matter, that it works fine for you. Whenever I hear of things that are new to me I like to dig deeper, do more research to learn more about it. You can never be too careful, especially when you're dealing with batteries. All too often, the wrong batteries are used in the wrong way and things explode in people's faces. It's a good idea to know what your equipment can and can't do for what you want to use it for. Just my opinion of course.  :)