New box mod?

GRLSNGR

Dovpo has a good reputation for being a good mod from what I've heard. Since I don't have anything from this brand, I really can't say more than I've not heard anything about problems with their mods.

Eleaf makes the iSticks. I have experience with these. Don't even bother with the 20W, it's nothing but problems and not worth the money. I've heard they fixed the problems encountered with the 20W in the 30W version. I prefer the 50W personally, I have six in rotation that I use daily. There have been a few problems reported on these such but I've never encountered any. As long as I keep the connection clean and free of liquid, take the tank off and turn the unit off to charge, everything has worked perfectly for me. The convenience in an encased battery, long battery life (4400 mAh), and versatility are things that I especially like about these. Add some wraps and I'm in love.  :)

Eleaf iStick 40W has temperature control like the Pegasus if you want to go that route.

1 hour ago, Tam said:

Dovpo has a good reputation for being a good mod from what I've heard. Since I don't have anything from this brand, I really can't say more than I've not heard anything about problems with their mods.

Eleaf makes the iSticks. I have experience with these. Don't even bother with the 20W, it's nothing but problems and not worth the money. I've heard they fixed the problems encountered with the 20W in the 30W version. I prefer the 50W personally, I have six in rotation that I use daily. There have been a few problems reported on these such but I've never encountered any. As long as I keep the connection clean and free of liquid, take the tank off and turn the unit off to charge, everything has worked perfectly for me. The convenience in an encased battery, long battery life (4400 mAh), and versatility are things that I especially like about these. Add some wraps and I'm in love.  :)

Eleaf iStick 40W has temperature control like the Pegasus if you want to go that route.

1 hour ago, Tam said:

I don't worry about temp anymore, I just make sure I'm vaping 40W.  I've heard a little about the iSticks, but don't know a lot.  I only have one mod right now, so I want a good back up that won't cost me the farm!  THANK YOU TAM!!!!  I can always count on good info from you!!!

I've found the Dovpo website, but can't find any prices!  Can someone please recommend a Dovpo box that goes over 40W?

Thanks,

GRLSNGR

Yeah, they're really hard to find, apparently.  I broke down and ordered an iStick basic kit and 2 batteries, but I can't find out how many watts it goes up to.  With my luck, it won't hit the 40W I need to vape!!!!!  Anybody know anything about this mod?

Merry Christmas ya'll!  I ordered the iStick basic yesterday only to find out that it only goes up to 30W, so that has to be returned as soon as it gets here.  Last night I ordered a Dovpo  50 50W Variable Wattage Mini Box Mod Temperature Control VW Mod .  I don't think it comes with a tank or coils, so I need to knowe what type of  coils I need to get.  I know that different coils make the difference in power, but that's ALL I know.  My BF is using a gold coil for his clone mod.  Also, does anyone know if I can get a Triton 2 on this mod.  I know.....stupid questions....but I've learned SO much since I've been here, that ya'll's opinions mean a lot to me!

Happy holidays! Yes, the Triton 2 will fit this mod, any tank with a 510 connection will work. There are two coils that come with the tank, one of them is a 1.8 ohm coil (which I prefer), and the other is a .5 Clapton coil. Because I vape mouth to lung I prefer the 1.8 ohm coils. Mt. Baker Vaper has them for cheap here: https://www.mtbakervapor.com/accessories/5pk-aspire-triton-replacement-coils/

With a 1.8 ohm coil, I use it at 10.4W otherwise I get a burnt taste if I go any higher. Just because you can doesn't mean you need to.   :)

Do you also have an 18650 battery and a charger? If you go with the .5 ohm Clapton coil, you will want to make sure to have a battery that can handle it safely. Earthling and Jason can steer you to some good batteries. I prefer to stay with an enclosed battery (iStick 50W) so I know what my mod can handle without having to buy other hardware.

Wow your fast Tam! 

If you want to use this in temp control mode, you'll have to use ni200 coils. They are available for the triton tank. Pick up a couple of 18650 batteries, and you'll be good to go! Samsung 25r's have a great reputation for reliability and they're pretty darn cheap. 

If you do decide to get some nickel coils, only use them in temp control mode. If you go with standard coils (kanthal, ss) keep it to wattage mode on this box.

49 minutes ago, Kevo88 said:

Wow your fast Tam! 

If you want to use this in temp control mode, you'll have to use ni200 coils. They are available for the triton tank. Pick up a couple of 18650 batteries, and you'll be good to go! Samsung 25r's have a great reputation for reliability and they're pretty darn cheap. 

If you do decide to get some nickel coils, only use them in temp control mode. If you go with standard coils (kanthal, ss) keep it to wattage mode on this box.

I only run in Watts mode and am vaping at 40W with 14mg juice at the present time.  I have an 18650 battery that I charge inside the NEBox, but ordered 2 more when I ordered the iStick.  I'm returning the mod, but not the batteries.  I suppose that means I need a charger.  Can you get a charger for 2 18650 batteries at the Vapor store.  THAN YA'LL  so much for leading me thru all of this.  Until November, I had never vaped on anything except my Provari 2.0.  Boy, I'd sure love to get their box mod, but even though I know they're built like brick houses, I can't justify a $200 mod.  Kevo, thank you for the advice......I still don't understand what type of coils I need!!!!  LOL!  Yep, that New Orleans public school education is showing thru again!!!  JJ, I LOVE my home town!!!!

1 hour ago, Tam said:

Happy holidays! Yes, the Triton 2 will fit this mod, any tank with a 510 connection will work. There are two coils that come with the tank, one of them is a 1.8 ohm coil (which I prefer), and the other is a .5 Clapton coil. Because I vape mouth to lung I prefer the 1.8 ohm coils. Mt. Baker Vaper has them for cheap here: https://www.mtbakervapor.com/accessories/5pk-aspire-triton-replacement-coils/

With a 1.8 ohm coil, I use it at 10.4W otherwise I get a burnt taste if I go any higher. Just because you can doesn't mean you need to.   :)

Do you also have an 18650 battery and a charger? If you go with the .5 ohm Clapton coil, you will want to make sure to have a battery that can handle it safely. Earthling and Jason can steer you to some good batteries. I prefer to stay with an enclosed battery (iStick 50W) so I know what my mod can handle without having to buy other hardware.

Tam, what do you mean by mouth to lung smoke?  I inhale all the way, so does that mean I'm doing mouth to lung also?  I've given up on getting a good throat hit.... that why I'm vaping such strong juice. Could you explain a little more about what you're talking about?  Sorry to be such a pain!!!!

Mouth to lung is when you draw the vapor into your mouth and then inhale. Direct lung inhale is just that. You just inhale straight into your lungs.  

If you don't ask questions, how will you learn? Personally, I'd prefer people ask lots of questions (as long as they read the answers they get), and learn how to vape safely.  :)

@GRLSNGR If you are enjoying the higher wattage range, I'd go with the .4ohm coils to start. You can always experiment with the others too. Just remember, as the resistance goes up, (.4 ohm, .6ohm, 1.0ohm) the wattage will have to come down. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I encourage you to try a ton of different settings.

It looks like your box come with a charging cable, so you can charge a battery in there directly. For external chargers, the nitecore i2 is awesome! It was recommended to me some months back, and has definitely been a fantastic work horse. 2 battery slots, and they are available on Amazon for usually between 10-15 bucks.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I know now that I'm a direct lung inhaler.  Tam, I want you and everyone here how much I appreciate your advice and help.  I'm 54, disabled, and have had a mini  stroke, so a lot goes over my head and I'm forced to repeat the question.  I've learned SO much from ya'll!!!  I'm grateful for having found this forum and the good people in it!!!  Now, does that mean I'm gonna need a 1.8 coil and lower my watts??  Remember, giving up the rest of my analogs is key.  I've gone from 2 packs a day to 1/2 a pack or less, but still can't put them down completely!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!!

Edited by GRLSNGR

Hopefully, with a different tank system, you'll get what you need to get off the analogs. Once you break in your new stuff and if it's still not doing it for you, then you will want to look at increasing the amount of nic in your juice.

Sorry to hear about your stroke. A very dear friend of mine has had three TIAs and another had a full stroke complete with aphasia so I've schooled myself with its symptoms and some work arounds. 

As for coils, you might want to scroll up to an earlier post of mine in this thread, the answer is there.  :)

17 minutes ago, Kevo88 said:

@GRLSNGR If you are enjoying the higher wattage range, I'd go with the .4ohm coils to start. You can always experiment with the others too. Just remember, as the resistance goes up, (.4 ohm, .6ohm, 1.0ohm) the wattage will have to come down. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I encourage you to try a ton of different settings.

It looks like your box come with a charging cable, so you can charge a battery in there directly. For external chargers, the nitecore i2 is awesome! It was recommended to me some months back, and has definitely been a fantastic work horse. 2 battery slots, and they are available on Amazon for usually between 10-15 bucks.

So, would I be going overboard with a 0.5 coil?  I'm vaping not only for pleasure, but to ditch my analogs forever.  I know I vape high, so what wattage would you consider strong, but not killer for the new Dovpo that's on the way?  Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!

I started with higher ohm coils but found that I like the 0.5 ohm and 0.3 ohm coils the best. The higher ohm coils tend to have a tighter draw but you use lower wattage and your batteries last longer. The lower ohm coils will require a higher wattage but draw easy and produce a lot more vapor. I'm running 0.3 ohm coils at 35 Watts and 0.5 ohm coils at 25 Watts. The coils I use are the Triton and Atlantis 2.

13 minutes ago, Kevo88 said:

It really comes down to personal preference. If you're buying the triton new, it should have a couple of coils for you to try out. I'd recommend giving them a shot before deciding one way or the other.

Thanks Kevo, I had completly forgotten about that!!!

10 minutes ago, MRSpivey said:

I started with higher ohm coils but found that I like the 0.5 ohm and 0.3 ohm coils the best. The higher ohm coils tend to have a tighter draw but you use lower wattage and your batteries last longer. The lower ohm coils will require a higher wattage but draw easy and produce a lot more vapor. I'm running 0.3 ohm coils at 35 Watts and 0.5 ohm coils at 25 Watts. The coils I use are the Triton and Atlantis 2.

Thank you Spivey!!  I sure don't want to drain my battery too fast, and I sure don't want to burn my coil or have it effect the way my juice tastes!!