Newbie needs help getting started

Beezie1986

So I just discovered Vape! I did not smoke ciggerets. Attached is a picture of the Vape I bought. But now I'm ready about cleaning the ce4? I don't even know what I have or if I have to replace it or clean it?! I do feel like it's burning my throat more than it used too. I use high quality liquid Khali Vapors so I don't know why it's burning?! Or maybe it does burn a little and I'm just doing it too much? Any help would be great. I have an Apollo Vape stick 

Don't know why you want to vape if you never smoked, but that's your choice. Getting to your question to clean a CE4 just remove the coil and rinse with hot water and let dry. After it dries put a new coil in it and fill it and vape away. As to the burnt taste you did not mention if you have a variable wattage battery or not, Apollo Vape stick is kind of vague.

Your pic didn't come through.

It's not letting me upload a file. :( well I tried it and now I love it. : / I smoked hooka here and there. But anyway. I have an Apollo Orcle. And I have no idea what kind of battery :( I know nothing about it. 

I can also hear it crackling. Is that normal? 

I looked it up and it appears to be a standard ego type 900mAh battery, don't know why you are getting a burnt taste unless the coil needs to be changed. typically those coils will last 4 to 5 tanks after that they need to be changed. Its probably a good idea to clean it at the same time. 

If I remember right the CE4 is a top wick tank and don't do well with a high VG mix.

Edited by FXRich

CE4 style tanks are use and throw away when they stop working well. CE5 is the changeable coil, CE4 is a top wick but non-changeable.

Sounds like the tank needs to be replaced since it's no longer vaping the way you want and giving you a harsh hit.

Instead of replacing the entire tank it might be better to get a T3s or a kanger protank mini either one has a changeable coil, and vape really well, even though I mostly use a Subtank mini I still use my KPT mini and full size KPT, especially to test new juices.

12 minutes ago, Beezie1986 said:

How can I tell what I have? What's a good one you all recommend for a beginner.? I've already refilled this tank once. And I didn't even refil it with the same juice :/ 

You said in your first post that you have a CE4? That's a decent beginner's tank because you don't have any real moving parts except the mouthpiece so you can fill with juice. I would recommend a Kanger Protank 3 mini. That is an easy tank for a beginner, it's got a Pyrex glass tank so you'll need to be careful not to break it but you can use any kind of juice in this one. When the quality of vape and/or flavor that you get from the tank diminishes, you change the heating coil and you're good to go again. I'd buy a couple (or three or four) so you have back ups. Also get a 5-pack or a couple of these. There's nothing worse than having no back up when something goes sideways. Below are a couple of links to our own Vapor Talk store, they have some of the lowest prices around with no knock offs so you can be assured of quality.

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/pro-tank-3-mini/

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/pro-aero-tank-refill-coils/

When you're looking at the replacable coils, it will ask, "What ohms?" I would recomment 1.8 ohm as a good starting point. Go with a lower resistance and you don't have anywhere to go if you get a burnt taste. Go with higher and it could drain your battery faster. It's a good middle of the road with a very good flavor producing resistance (ohms).

Once you get a little more experience, then branch out into more advanced tanks, subtanks, rebuildables, etc. Right now, you'll be happier with a plug and play until you get the wrinkles ironed out.

Just my two cents.  :)

3 hours ago, Tam said:

You said in your first post that you have a CE4? That's a decent beginner's tank because you don't have any real moving parts except the mouthpiece so you can fill with juice. I would recommend a Kanger Protank 3 mini. That is an easy tank for a beginner, it's got a Pyrex glass tank so you'll need to be careful not to break it but you can use any kind of juice in this one. When the quality of vape and/or flavor that you get from the tank diminishes, you change the heating coil and you're good to go again. I'd buy a couple (or three or four) so you have back ups. Also get a 5-pack or a couple of these. There's nothing worse than having no back up when something goes sideways. Below are a couple of links to our own Vapor Talk store, they have some of the lowest prices around with no knock offs so you can be assured of quality.

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/pro-tank-3-mini/

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/pro-aero-tank-refill-coils/

When you're looking at the replacable coils, it will ask, "What ohms?" I would recomment 1.8 ohm as a good starting point. Go with a lower resistance and you don't have anywhere to go if you get a burnt taste. Go with higher and it could drain your battery faster. It's a good middle of the road with a very good flavor producing resistance (ohms).

Once you get a little more experience, then branch out into more advanced tanks, subtanks, rebuildables, etc. Right now, you'll be happier with a plug and play until you get the wrinkles ironed out.

Just my two cents.  :)

So I clicked the links, it seems I would still need to purchase a battery as well? 

5 minutes ago, Beezie1986 said:

So I clicked the links, it seems I would still need to purchase a battery as well? 

What were you using your CE4 on? That should be a battery, although I would suggest getting another one for a back up. Do you currently have a pen style battery?