Won't untwist

Mattbacchetti

So I have Vaped before but that was with my brother and now I finally got one and had it for 2 weeks and the glass is starting to crack a little it is a cheap ego t and it is a old version I got from my friend for 5 bucks so it was a steal but it won't untwist anymore to charge the battery pls help

image.jpg

Try putting the whole thing into the freezer for around 5 minutes or so then try again. The cold might help.

If that doesn't work, try putting into the freezer for another 5 minutes.

Just a tip for next time, make sure to clean the threads of the battery and the tank every time you fill the tank and/or charge the battery. That should help to keep this from happening again. Also, every time you take the tank off, make sure to dab the inside of the battery connection. Liquid tends to leak there and will eventually keep it from charging or firing.

Edited by Tam

Tam is spot-on with the freezer trick, but I'll add this...

Put the whole thing in the freezer for 15 min, and put a damp towel in the microwave for about 20 sec to really heat it up (just before you take the eGo out of the freezer).  Hold the cold battery in one hand, and wrap the warm towel over the tank... let it set for about 30 seconds to warm the tank portion... then TWIST... it should come right off that way.

8 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Tam is spot-on with the freezer trick, but I'll add this...

Put the whole thing in the freezer for 15 min, and put a damp towel in the microwave for about 20 sec to really heat it up (just before you take the eGo out of the freezer).  Hold the cold battery in one hand, and wrap the warm towel over the tank... let it set for about 30 seconds to warm the tank portion... then TWIST... it should come right off that way.

Cool trick, Earthling! No pun intended.  :lol:  Any tips on how to break loose the bottom portion of the Nautilus mini? Those silly things don't want to come apart, lol!

45 minutes ago, Tam said:

Cool trick, Earthling! No pun intended.  :lol:  Any tips on how to break loose the bottom portion of the Nautilus mini? Those silly things don't want to come apart, lol!

I had to use that trick to break apart the base (firing button) of my Copper Penny :) 

Are you talking about the base from the tank, or the coil from the base?  For the base from the tank section, I've found those silicone grippers that you use to open stuck jars work very well to hold the glass section while you twist off the base.  As for the coil from the base... I've been known to use pliers :D

6 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

I had to use that trick to break apart the base (firing button) of my Copper Penny :) 

Are you talking about the base from the tank, or the coil from the base?  For the base from the tank section, I've found those silicone grippers that you use to open stuck jars work very well to hold the glass section while you twist off the base.  As for the coil from the base... I've been known to use pliers :D

The base from the tank. Tried the silicone gripper trick but that didn't work. Even had the SO give it a try and short of breaking the glass, it wouldn't budge. I was hoping you had another trick up your sleeve.  :) 

50 minutes ago, Tam said:

The base from the tank. Tried the silicone gripper trick but that didn't work. Even had the SO give it a try and short of breaking the glass, it wouldn't budge. I was hoping you had another trick up your sleeve.  :) 

Wow... that sucker is on there, lol

Sounds like the Pyrex and Silicone have "bonded"...  sticking it in the freezer may stiffen the silicone and help to break it loose, but heat won't do any good (actually will make it worse).