Total closet "smoker", I want to try this vaping thing .

Stumbles

Hi all, I hope you can help me to continue hiding my bad habit from my family. I have heard vaping can help with the cravings when you are out and want to have a couple of puffs to get that nicotine fix without having the yucky smell all ove you, is this true? 

I admire you for thinking of making the switch to vaping Stumbles! For me it has saved many a relationship due to me not smoking. It allows that nicotine fix in a inhale/exhale form that we find so comforting, and there is a WORLD of flavors to try! My one tip is go to a good vape shop, and try a variety of set ups. Have them set you up with your choice and show you everything about it. I have seen many people get frustrated in not getting that "good" drag and go back to the cigs, but trust me it is there and we as vapors are very open to helping so feel free to ask!

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

Whatever you do, don't let a salesman at a local vape shop talk you into a TC mod. Too many people get talked into a TC mod and end up frustrated when they can't use it. Ask for something that is very user friendly.

I would have argued with you on this point less than a week ago, but now I whole-heartedly agree.  I PIF my Evic VTC Mini and a SubTank Mini with a 5 pack of Ni200 coils.  I gave a really good lesson in TC.  He finally had to go buy a pack of Kanthal coils and run it in power mode, there was just too many settings for him.

I have been vaping for over 2 years now, and am just going to try out TC once my mod gets here. I may not like it, and I might like it, don't know yet. In the past year TC has come a long way, but still it requires more knowledge than what it takes to use a Evod, or a KPT. Maybe next year it may be more user friendly. Right now there is just too many settings for a beginner vaper. 

2 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I have been vaping for over 2 years now, and am just going to try out TC once my mod gets here. I may not like it, and I might like it, don't know yet. In the past year TC has come a long way, but still it requires more knowledge than what it takes to use a Evod, or a KPT. Maybe next year it may be more user friendly. Right now there is just too many settings for a beginner vaper. 

I guess it is a side effect of being a nerd.  To me is very simple, but the guy I gave my rig, a highly intelligent, very mechanical guy, went totally blank when i tried to explain why you can't use a Kantal coil in Temp Control.  Honestly I will probably never go back to Kantal or Power Mode Vaping.  I love the control I get from being able to set both the Temp and the Power.  I can't believe I have not bought a DNA200 mod where I can even control it even more using their software.

All that being said, most people just want something that provides a satisfying vape at the push of a button.

I have to agree, Jason. When you first start vaping, there are so many different things to try to remember. TC is just one more setting that will easily overwhelm a new vaper. Learn to walk before you get into the jet...  :D