Aspire ET S BVC Clearomizer

Wow... Long time no see vapers! Hope everyone is doing well!

So I've been vaping for two years and held surprisingly faithful to those beginner Vision V3 clearomizers in a 1.8 resistance. Decided to try the Aspire Mini Nautilus... Wasn't impressed. Then along comes their BVC clearomizer, so I've been using that for the past few months. I'm really trying to like both those devices but it's just... Meh. Here are the problems I've been having. The vapor just seems very dry? That doesn't make sense, but I guess that's the only way to describe it. It gives off much bigger clouds but it's just not satisfying for some reason. There is no burned taste whatsoever, so I know I'm not frying the coil. In fact, there's no taste at all. Maybe I'll get some flavor in the first few hits, but after that, nothing. Is this a common problem with Aspire products? I'm not into variable voltage, sub ohm, or mods, (seems like there's a learning curve that I don't know if I have the patience for) so I'm just using a plain old ego 1000mah battery. I've always vaped 50PG/50Vg at 6mg. Would the correct setting on a variable voltage correct the flavor issue? And is there a lot to learn to sub ohm vaping? I love big clouds, but not big on killer throat hits. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated :) 

Sorry, I guess it did sound like I wanted to try a sub ohm on an ego... Not my plan at all. I ended up cramming two questions into one post and it didn't make sense.

1. Could the correct setting on a regular ego style variable voltage battery fix the flavor issue I'm having with the aspire clearomizer? I usually get 1.8 resistance coils. Or do the Aspire products generally not produce a lot of flavor?

2. Since I don't like a lot of throat hit, would sub ohm vaping be a waste of time and money? Like I said, love big flavor and big clouds... Big throat hit, not so much. 

Sorry for the confusion. Long day at work!

My opinion would be that you could get "big" flavor with an Aspire tank and 1.8 ohm coil on an eGo battery with the right juice. I get plenty of flavor on my Aspire Nautilus mini with 1.8 ohm coil on many of my juices (40 PG/60 VG). Some of them might need an extra hit of flavor added. With the PG/VG ratio I use, I also get really good vapor production as well. No need to sub-ohm if you don't want to. Personally, I wouldn't go beyond 30 PG/70 VG max with the Nautilus. More VG and the flavor gets too muted.

More VG in a juice = smoother vape, less throat hit, more vapor, thicker juice

More PG and/or nicotine content = more throat hit, thinner juice (PG is the flavor carrier)

All of what you're wanting can be gotten with the rig you already have, just adjust your juice ratio and that should do the trick.  :)

On 11/15/2015, 5:26:52, NorthernGirl said:

Sorry, I guess it did sound like I wanted to try a sub ohm on an ego... Not my plan at all. I ended up cramming two questions into one post and it didn't make sense.

1. Could the correct setting on a regular ego style variable voltage battery fix the flavor issue I'm having with the aspire clearomizer? I usually get 1.8 resistance coils. Or do the Aspire products generally not produce a lot of flavor?

2. Since I don't like a lot of throat hit, would sub ohm vaping be a waste of time and money? Like I said, love big flavor and big clouds... Big throat hit, not so much. 

Sorry for the confusion. Long day at work!

#1... Using a 1.8 Ohm coil on a standard eGo, that's only 7.6W of power... and I've yet to find many juices that "like" only 7W in an Aspire tank... most like in the 9-14W range with a 1.8 Ohm coil, which means you need to have a VV device that will run up to 5V.  I would suggest a VV/VW device, like a small box-mod (avoid the iStick 20W), and if you like the eGo size, I would suggest the 40W Wismec Presa... it's small, and full-featured :)

#2... Sub-ohming "can" give you more flavor, but you will need to drop to a 3mg max Nicotine... and I'd really suggest a 1-2mg since you'd be dropping from a 1.8 Ohm down to 0.5 Ohm (avg sub-Ohm pre-built coil).  If you go that route, I would suggest a Kanger sub-box-mini kit, so you would get the box-mod and the tank, complete with RBA kit.  If you don't like sub-ohming, you can always buy 1.2 or 1.5 Ohm coils for it... or build the RBA deck to any resistance you want.