VG PG in store bought juice?

Vic

I ordered all the stuff I need and 4 flavors but wondered what the ratio is on store bought juice. Is their juice about 50 50? And I believe I heard 60PG 40 VG makes better flavor? What is thicker, VG or PG?

PG is thinner and is the carrier of flavor and throat-hit

VG is thicker and is the component that makes vapor

50/50 is a good mix of the two, but you'll have to play around with what YOU like best.

Most store-bought juices that don't tell you what their ratio is... are anywhere from 90/10 to 60/40, with most being 80/20, 75/25, or 70/30 PG/VG ratios.  Most of us that mix our own are mixing 50/50 or even higher VG amounts for a more satisfying vapor... just be aware that as you reduce the PG content, you have to add more flavoring % to your mix to maintain flavor... and as you pass 70% VG, things start to taste like a glycerine bar... at least they do to me... regardless of how much flavoring you add to the mix.

Thanks Earthling!!!!  Think I will try 50 50. Now going to study up on Ekowool wicks!

Edited by Vic
To add more.

I have used Ekowool for about 1 1/2 years now. Strait from the package it unravels pretty easy. Its woven silica with a hollow core or a cotton or silica core. I use the hollow core. I found a way to keep it from unraveling so easy, I put it in a heat treat oven at 1200 degrees for 30 minutes, makes it stay together. If you know someone with a kiln that will work too. I use the 2mm hollow core to recoil KPT coils, and the 3mm in some of my subtank coils. It doesn't wick as fast as cotton, but does better than regular silica wick. The good part about it is if you run out of juice you don't burn your wick. If you chain vape with a subtank it won't wick fast enough.

I watched another video on wicking and he just rolled the end and pulled it through the coil. I tried it and the cotton tears apart.  I think I'm only getting two days out of mine because I have to roll it up to pull it though the coil and its to rolled up. I make it about 3/16 wide and maybe it is to much I don't know. I got home and didn't need to but  rewicked and went outside to test it and burnt taste. I had another RBA ready to go and put it in. I think the one I got a burnt taste from is because of the coil was may be hitting the deck. Think that was it? I stuck the screw driver through it and raised it up a hair and  rewicked it again. Haven't tried it yet.

Can I gut use 100% cotton balls or does it have to be organic?

Comp, How many days old is that wick? Is it easy to get or do you have to order it?

And do you fray the ends?

If the coil hit the deck it may cause a short. The biggest problem it may cause is it may heat the deck too much, and effect the insulator. That might be the reason they sell the insulator separately.  A new insulator is only 75 cents at sweet vapes. The only time I burnt the cotton right away is when I had the cotton too tight in the coil.

You can use 100% cotton, but it will give a odd flavor and is treated with chems you don't want to vape. Organic is cleaner and in most cases whitened with peroxide only. The Organic cotton pads are natural and not whitened.

That coil is about 1 week old. Not sure what you mean by buying it or order it... No, this is a stock coil I did not alter it (Fray the ends).

I want to add too that cotton balls do not wick well. The pads are far better at wicking.

Edited by Compenstine

• You can use 100% cotton, but it will give a odd flavor and is treated with chems you don't want to vape. Organic is cleaner and in most cases whitened with peroxide only. The Organic cotton pads are natural and not whitened.

That coil is about 1 week old. Not sure what you mean by buying it or order it... No, this is a stock coil I did not alter it (Fray the ends).

I want to add too that cotton balls do not wick well. The pads are far better at wicking.

I meant can you buy the wick like your using anywhere like Walmart or have to order it on line.

The coil I got the burnt taste from first hit after I redid it is ready to go again, I will try it tonight when I get off work.

My wicking has been a pain as I watched another u-tube and found out I was cutting the cotton the wrong way! It was easy pulling the cotton through when you cut it right.

And I had trouble with both pipes today, adjusting the vents and the wattage. I was really getting mad. Seems to me if the batteries die down past half way they don't work right and when the juice gets low in the tanks I start having trouble. Guess I will have to keep them full.

• 4 weeks later...