Newbie here

Right guys and gals I'm new to this whole serious vaping, I have just upgraded from a pen basically, I have a subox mini and I'm using a occ 1.5 coil. What I wanted to know was basically whats the difference with a lower coil, whats the pros and cons. I know it all comes down to personal preference as well but I wondered where I'm heading if I take that route to say a 1 or even lower ohm coil, I'm currently using a 90/10 6mg juice if thats any help [emoji4]

When you go down to sub-ohm, the vape is warmer, and IMO, harsh.  Nicotine is absorbed faster as it gets hotter, so you MUST lower your nicotine by 50-75% when you drop to the lower Ohm coils.  For you to move from 1.5 to 0.5, that's a 67% drop, so I'd lower nicotine by at least that much, if not 75% (go to 0-Nic or cut your juice to 1.5 Nicotine)!!  You'll also want to change your juice ratio to higher VG content... 50/50 mixes are a good option, and the Kanger coils can handle 30/70 PG/VG without much problems or dry hits.

The only way you'll know if you like sub-ohm is to try it, but be aware of the Nicotine and VG requirements, as well as the fact that sub-ohming burn juice faster, hotter, and will deplete your battery faster, too.

I have a couple subox mini kits. 70vg/30pg does not wick fast enough for me. I have been using a 60v/40p, and it's borderline for wicking fast enough for me. I Tend to be away from the opportunity to vape for a couple hours at a time, and when I get back to it I tend to chain vape for 10 min or more at a time. I get dry hits if I am not careful, but my use is a bit on the extreme side. I have used a 50/50 mix, but the hit was on the harsh side, but it was consistent.
 I have tried the 1.2, the 1.5 and the .5 coils, all with the same result altering the power accordingly (I think :unsure: ).

The subtank is awesome in my mind no matter what battery you use, you just have to set it up right for you.

I recently received an Eleaf Istick TC 60 Watt kit that came with the Melo 2 and I love it so far.  I've ran 85v/15p through it without a single dry hit!  And that is running the 0.3 ohm EC coils in it at 35 watts!  Swamp Thang by Ruthless is the bomb!  I own a Subox Mini and the only reason I still use it is solely for the RTA section.  If I had an RTA section for the Melo 2, I probably wouldn't put the Istick down!  If anyone could point me toward an RTA section that would work with the Mleo 2/Ijust 2, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much for all your reply guys, tap talk forgot to mentioned people had replied. Think ill started with a built coil about 1ohm and go from there, I'm already at 10-90 or 100 vg and 4-6 mg depending on the flavour I'm on so all good there