Nickel wire

sok92

From everything I've read on the subject, using Ni200 on a TC mod set to 600°F or below poses no risk of graphite production, which is probably what concerns you. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures (between 800° and 1200°F) can cause an extremely small amount of graphite to be produced and subsequently inhaled.

Edited by Rixter

Those are some extreme temps, Rixter. Who would want to turn it up that high anyway?  :)

Very high temps can be achieved when "dry burning" or setting and adjusting the coil, much more than while you are vaping.  I have totally quit doing it, even with kanthal, but I have not built a kanthal coil in months.  I have been using spaced coils with Titanium and Ni200 every since I got a TC mod.

Here is a link to Brandon, from Evolv's explanation of the possible harms in using nickel as heating wire:  http://www.tasteyourjuice.....-dna-40/

For the original poster, if you don't feel safe doing it, don't do it.  None of this stuff has been tested for long term vaping use, but I personally feel that my chances of dying an early death was much greater when I was smoking, than it is now.  My latest check ups, and blood tests seem to back this up.  We just had our yearly checks at work for heavy metals, and a few other substances, and I was perfectly clean.  I really don't know if nickel would show up in it anyway. :question:

Edited by jasonculp

IMO, Nickel, Nichrome and Kanthal all suck. I vape only Ti and these other wires don't even come close when it comes to flavor. The latest advances is vaping has made kanthal obsolete. Ni, Nichr. and Kanthal all are notorious for muting flavors. If you want to get the max flavor it's SS and Ti for best flavor possible...

Edited by NewDrip