Posting problems

I have shortened the post that I am trying to post in Variable Voltage Mod forum and it will not post, no matter how short I make it, or how I format it.

I am really posting this here just to see if I can post at all!

I guess I can....lol

Edited by jasonculp

I am using Firefox 40.0.3 on Windows 7.

The first time I typed it into the the editor, and the rest I have been pasting it.  The first try I typed into the editor, posted it.  It took me back to the Create New Topic page and everything is empty. Second try I typed it into the editor, hit CTRL C, posted it. It took me again back to the Create New Topic page and everything was empty.  Pasted it back into the editor, filled in the Topic, hit post and it gave me a 404 error.

I then shortened it and removed all but one of the links, and the quoted material getting it down to less than 500 words.  It still will not go.  You just hit the post button and it returns you to the same page but it is blank.

I think the board is telling me I talk to much and nobody wants to read my techno babble....lol

ok so I just tried on desktop using Chrome and FF (your version) 

Mod Forum > New Topic > copy and paste text > Submit = ok 

Mod Forum > Test Topic > Reply box > copy pasta text > ok

What's odd is that your posting seems to be fine here and only on that sub forum. (though if you get that 404 error again I would love a screenshot because I can see what URL the board is spitting out which will tell me a lot) 

I would ensure you don't have any pop up blockers running on the forum that could cause issues. And again if you can get that 404 and take a full page screenshot, it might help me narrow down the problem a little further. 

ok so I just tried on desktop using Chrome and FF (your version) 

Mod Forum > New Topic > copy and paste text > Submit = ok 

Mod Forum > Test Topic > Reply box > copy pasta text > ok

What's odd is that your posting seems to be fine here and only on that sub forum. (though if you get that 404 error again I would love a screenshot because I can see what URL the board is spitting out which will tell me a lot) 

I would ensure you don't have any pop up blockers running on the forum that could cause issues. And again if you can get that 404 and take a full page screenshot, it might help me narrow down the problem a little further. 

I will try it again.  I guess it could be too long.  I do have a popup blocker (Ad blocker plus) but it is disabled on the Vaportalk domain.  I will turn it off and try again.

(though if you get that 404 error again I would love a screenshot because I can see what URL the board is spitting out which will tell me a lot) 

ScreenShot.thumb.jpg.04d650635cca2730785

Perfect. The issue seems to be that you are posting via HTTPS rather than HTTP. What's interesting to me is why when you post a new topic, the HTTPS field is coming up rather than regular http. (Notice the start of the URL is https://....) 

Could you try and tell me the exact steps you took to throw that error? I'll try to see if I can duplicate it on my end. If not I might provide you with a browser logger to help me narrow down the issue. (By the way I'll send some free swag your way for the trouble!) 

I just retyped the whole post, and tried it again.  It just goes back to the Create new Topic page, and all of the fields are empty, and the url at the top is HTTPS.  In fact it is the same address as the one on screenshot above.

I would be happy to help figure out the problem, just let me know.