Device to device comparo

Squid

Just curious of the results of others of the settings from device to device.

I just tonight took my Starre tank off my iStick 50 watt and put it on my IPV4s (Changing to watts versus temp control).

On the iStick, I have run it (Starre tank) up to the max 50 watts and had a decent, although hotter vape than I like. When I put the tank on my IPV4s, 35 watts was as high as I could go with out getting a harsh (almost burnt) vape.  I have run the Stick to 50 watts and not gotten a "bad" vape, but the same tank, coil and juice on a different mod was way different, bordering on bad at the "same" setting. I am curious if anyone else has had similar results.

In another thread, I proposed that the only reason watts (or any scale) was use was to allow comparisons from devise to devise (mos to mod). Looking for input on similar situations.

I have had pretty good luck going from one mod to another of the same brand/model.  Like iStick 30 to iStick 30 or Cloupor Mini to Cloupor Mini.  I have never had one close from one brand to another.  I am finding the TC to be even further off.  I have yet to find any 2 that are within 50-75 degrees of one another.  I usually start at 350 and work my way up.  On watts they seem to be a bit closer. Except for the iStick 20 watt and it is in a class by itself.  Even similar chips don't seem to be the same, like one YiHi board to another.  I gave up on uniformity a long time ago...this stuff just isn't that accurate.  I know Busardo can make it work on a scope, but I can't at home.

Just to add.  My temp testing is on my 4 temp mods, and none are alike (Zero 60Watt clone, SnowWolf 50W, iStick 40TC, and ipvD2)  I have yet to get a DNA40 or 200...

Yep, same thing here... going from IPV-mini to IPV-mini or IPV-mini to IPV-mini2, and Wattages vary only maybe by 1W?  But same tank on Cloupor-mini to IPV-mini, and difference can be 1-10W, depending on the tank.  I know on my iStick 50W (when I still had it), my Russian ran at 14W on the IPV-mini, but had to be pushed to 20-25W on the iStick.

We won't even discuss the iStick 20W :D  I had to use those in Voltage-mode or they would fry my coils, boil my juice, or barely produce vapor... it was a coin-toss using those in Wattage-mode.

Well I guess I learned the hard way not to assume that different devices are equal. Fried the wick in the Starre tank. Guess I had a few too many beers last night, didn't even notice the burnt taste until this morning. Another casualty of being on vacation from work for the week.....