My First Real Impression Of Vaping

Alucard

Well folks,

Today I got my first e-cig kit (Joye 510) and have been experimenting with it since... after going through 2 of the carts that came with it throughout the day/evening I just popped the third in to discover GREAT vapor, throat hit and taste! I am not overly impressed with the marlboro juice that came with this kit and hope the dulcis and mentha will pack more of a punch and intricate flavor...So I guess that my first atomizer is officially broken in now and it makes quite a difference... the 510 is a good size for me and great for the car and taking out in public... I do want to get something with a longer battery life in the future ... and I am curious about (battery operated) 6 volts now... I know that there are relatively few at the time, but hopefully that changes in the future... The silver bullet and the spade have me intrigued at the moment... but I need to do more research before I make a decision... the silver bullet would be great for at home, but I fear a little too obtrusive in public... Does anyone know anything about the up and coming e-cig from dietsmokes.com called "THE MASERATI"? Just thought I'd share my first "real" impressions...

-Alucard

Edited by Alucard

Hey Alucard! Thanks for sharing your story. The 510 is definitely a great kit to start off with. Actually, I've been vaping for a few months now and have gone through most of the models. I still use the 510 today lol. I tried 1 of the carts that came with the kit and that's it. The rest are just stashed away somewhere. They don't taste good IMO. The dulcis and mentha will really knock your socks off though. Definitely some great juice there. Breaking your atomizers in definitely makes a difference too. You'll find that some will take longer than others though.

I don't think anyone knows much about "The Maserati". That page has been up on dietsmokes for a long time now and no word on what's up with it yet. I'd like to know as well, but for now I'm happy with my spade. I've had it for about a week now and I'd have to say it's really one of the best models out there. Great battery life and the atomizer really packs a punch in vapor production. It's a bit larger than the regular 510 battery, but I'm not afraid to carry it around in public. It's actually a great conversation starter. The bright lights on the side will attract just about anyone's attention. But you can always flip the battery around so the lights don't turn on if you want to be stealth about it.

Alucard, congrats! The 510 is a great pick and you should have fun with it for sure. Though I don't have a Spade, I have 2 of the VP units and they are outstanding in quality and function. I would recommend a Spade or VP2 once you've vaped for a few weeks.

I guess the big question is: how are you doing on getting off the analogs? Keep us posted!

Edited by jmhester

Alucard, congrats! The 510 is a great pick and you should have fun with it for sure. Though I don't have a Spade, I have 2 of the VP units and they are outstanding in quality and function. I would recommend a Spade or VP2 once you've vaped for a few weeks.

I guess the big question is: how are you doing on getting off the analogs? Keep us posted!

I've been off the analogs for 37 days :thumbsup: ... and I know some people would argue that I never start vaping... but I enjoy the experience and habit so much and it has always been the best relaxation tool for me that I constantly find myself craving an analog... but, I held off and eventually found out about e-cigs online and have decided to go this route... and as far as I'm concerned (despite what some ignorant individuals may think) I did quit and haven't gone back... I just haven't been able to find something as satisfying to replace it... I've really tried everything, and have come to the conclusion that it is the actual inhalation/throat hit part of the whole process that I derive pleasure from... so it has never been possible to replace that with food/patches/gum(nicotine or otherwise)...etc etc etc... I even tried other "oral" solutions like chewing on toothpicks... but it just hasn't been fulfilling... so thats my story... I think this is going to work out nicely... I only hope that our "trusted government officials" will be reasonable and regulate the industry without taking this incredible invention away from us entirely (either way I'll never return to the analogs) :unsure:

-Alucard

Edited by Alucard

Alucard, Glad you have taken to vapin. Some people don't realize the physiological and psychological aspects of smoking. Vaping for me satisfies both aspects. Im so glad this working for you. Keep it up!!

Alucard, Glad you have taken to vapin. Some people don't realize the physiological and psychological aspects of smoking. Vaping for me satisfies both aspects. Im so glad this working for you. Keep it up!!

Exactly, Jeff. That's it for me, too.

Glad you quit analogs! I think the tough part is to "stay quit". I quit for 2 years once and just fell back in. I firmly believe that vaping will make me "stay quit" for good. And I believe it will do the same for you!

My wife is going to a place for a couple of days that she will be unable to smoke analogs. I sent her with 4 801s ready to go. I'm hoping this will be her turning point and she won't go back to analogs!

Edited by jmhester

Yea, the juice that comes in the carts is pretty... bad. I used one cart when I 1st got it. Then tried one other while I was driving. I got 2 kits to there's still 8 carts in my desk drawer. I reckon I'll clean them out one of these days so I'll have extra tips. Glad you're liking the 510.

I've been off the analogs for 37 days :thumbsup: ... and I know some people would argue that I never start vaping... but I enjoy the experience and habit so much and it has always been the best relaxation tool for me that I constantly find myself craving an analog... but, I held off and eventually found out about e-cigs online and have decided to go this route... and as far as I'm concerned (despite what some ignorant individuals may think) I did quit and haven't gone back... I just haven't been able to find something as satisfying to replace it... I've really tried everything, and have come to the conclusion that it is the actual inhalation/throat hit part of the whole process that I derive pleasure from... so it has never been possible to replace that with food/patches/gum(nicotine or otherwise)...etc etc etc... I even tried other "oral" solutions like chewing on toothpicks... but it just hasn't been fulfilling... so thats my story... I think this is going to work out nicely... I only hope that our "trusted government officials" will be reasonable and regulate the industry without taking this incredible invention away from us entirely (either way I'll never return to the analogs) :unsure:

-Alucard

Hey - as you already know, you've quit. Congratulations. I think one of the main reasons I never could really quit was knowing the itch would always be there. People I know would go back to it, tell me the urge never left, even got worse as the years went by. I'm done with nicotine and now the urge to inhale anything is dwindling. Even if I stop vaping, you can be sure I'll have something around wherever I go just in case. I have so many backups right now because I don't want to go back to nicotine.

I think one of the main reasons I never could really quit was knowing the itch would always be there. People I know would go back to it, tell me the urge never left, even got worse as the years went by.

My dad smoked 2-3 packs a day. He quit in the early 1990's after a heart attack at age 54. He's 70 now and still smoke free, but he says he still thinks about it just about every day. Don't know how he's managed to stay off them with no help. He's a stronger man than I am, that's for sure.

Alucard,

Congrats on quitting smoking! I've tried everything to quit smoking. All the nicotine replacement therapies I've tried like the patch actually caused me to be more addicted because I would cheat. I would wear the patch and smoke every once in awhile. The effect was getting addicted to more nicotine. Before I ever tried to quit smoking I was at a pack a day. After trying to quit I went up to two packs. The great thing about e-cigs is they are not smoking cessation devises but an alternative. You can "smoke" but not. I've been vaping for a couple of weeks now. I went down from two packs a day to half a pack without even trying. I've been vaping 18 mg juice but just now started using 24 mg. I've been using 24 mg for one day and I'm noticing something different. With 18 mg I can't stop vaping. I don't feel completely satisfied so I keep cheating. Earlier at work I was vaping 24 mg Mentha from Vapor Talk Store(Thanks Christopher!). It made me stop. After about ten mins of vaping my body said,"Stop!" I checked my pulse to make sure I wasn't undead! :wacko: It think it was a good sign. If my body tells me to stop I wont pick up a smoke. I predict that 24 mg will bring me down to about a fourth a pack a day. The last fourth of a pack I think will be the hard part and take some will power because it is hard to break away from the ritual of going outside and using my Zippo. I'm very confident that I'll completely quit soon. Congrats again!

P.S. If you're enjoying your 510 then you'll love the Spade! After five mins of it in your hand you will fall in love with it. It is so light and comfortable. It isn't as big as it looks. It is the perfect size for your hand.