Battery In Ubs Pass Thru

Brian

Well, I was sitting here happily vaping away and then nothing. Since I've already had two bad atty's, my first thought was "great, there goes number 3". However, I noticed that the atty wasn't even getting hot so I cleaned the connections and tried again. Got a litte vape and then nothing. Luckily, I had purchased 2 UBS pass thru's and when I tried the other one it works fine. I tried swithing back, got a couple of vapes and it died again. So I guess my question is this: Does the battery in the UBS pass thru need non-vape time to chagre? Is that even a battery in there? I had just assumed it was some type of fuse, but after looking at it, it looks like a battery.

Well, I was sitting here happily vaping away and then nothing. Since I've already had two bad atty's, my first thought was "great, there goes number 3". However, I noticed that the atty wasn't even getting hot so I cleaned the connections and tried again. Got a litte vape and then nothing. Luckily, I had purchased 2 UBS pass thru's and when I tried the other one it works fine. I tried swithing back, got a couple of vapes and it died again. So I guess my question is this: Does the battery in the UBS pass thru need non-vape time to chagre? Is that even a battery in there? I had just assumed it was some type of fuse, but after looking at it, it looks like a battery.

yes it is a batt not sure why its there it is kinda handy if you wanna unplug lolours didnt need nonvape charging time call your supplier

The battery is the main reason I use Joye/Janty passthroughs.They bring the 5 volts from the usb port down to around 4 which I like better I find a 5Volt vape to be a little on hot and harsh side ,and they limit the current that you draw on your usb port.The current is not a problem if you have a usb charger type of power supply that will deliver at least 1 amp but I have tripped the overcurrent protection in my work computer with a high voltage mod.,it scared me I thought I would have some explauining to do ,but it reset when I rebooted the puter.The battery has more amp hour capacity than the regular batteries including the mega 280 Ah ones and when fully charged you can wander around unplugged ,it is a protected type of battery and will not overcharge but I would suggest unplugging it when not in use for extended periods of time.Hope this helps.

If there is a battery it will actually run at 3.7 volts (almost 4) It's not actually a true passthrough because your not passing anything through. Your just constantly charging a battery.

Now if your using the Puresmoker PT or the VP Passthrough then your actually get a passthrough current. The only problem with the Pure Smoker passthroughs is the fact it doesn't have a fuse so your open for a short.

If there is a battery it will actually run at 3.7 volts (almost 4) It's not actually a true passthrough because your not passing anything through. Your just constantly charging a battery.

Now if your using the Puresmoker PT or the VP Passthrough then your actually get a passthrough current. The only problem with the Pure Smoker passthroughs is the fact it doesn't have a fuse so your open for a short.

I have gone through probably 4 joye 510 passthroughs I use them on my computer. They are very unreliable for me. One lasted 4 hours and then it was done. I am thinking you are not supposed to leave them plugged into your usb port? I have yet to here sombody say they got instructions for it.

I have gone through probably 4 joye 510 passthroughs I use them on my computer. They are very unreliable for me. One lasted 4 hours and then it was done. I am thinking you are not supposed to leave them plugged into your usb port? I have yet to here sombody say they got instructions for it.

Nope, no instructions. I never left them plugged in when I wan't using them. This one lasted 9 days. :(

OK, I have a 510 passthrough, and for the LIFE of me I cant remember where I got it. It was either rockymountain or wordup or vaporkings. Ive had it about 2 months, leave it plugged in 24/7, and vape the heck on it all day. Ihave never had a problem with it, and it gives a nice, strong , smooth vape. I direct drip ONLY on the USB unit, and refill carts with my "wireless" batts. I guess Im lucky, and I probably just jinxed myself.

I got my 510 passthrough from Arno, but I can't remember when. About a month ago, I think. I use it every day, but not all the time. I leave it plugged in a lot, but not all the time. I've never had a problem with it at all. Like Keenan, mine gives a nice, smooth, strong, and thick vape. I love it! Oh, and it's consistant. Where the vape starts dropping off with batteries after awhile, that never happens with the passthrough.

Okay, I need to clarify something here. I really try to proof read my posts better than I did this one. My husband is sitting beside me laughing like crazy because I just saw what I wrote and read it to him. Now, before I go crawl into a very deep hole somewhere, let me say I MEANT to say "as good as everyone says IT IS" and not "I am". Although my husband says I am. I'm sure glad no one can see how bright red my face is right now - I say as I go slinking off to find that hole.

Okay, I need to clarify something here. I really try to proof read my posts better than I did this one. My husband is sitting beside me laughing like crazy because I just saw what I wrote and read it to him. Now, before I go crawl into a very deep hole somewhere, let me say I MEANT to say "as good as everyone says IT IS" and not "I am". Although my husband says I am. I'm sure glad no one can see how bright red my face is right now - I say as I go slinking off to find that hole.

i knew what you meant nana. But it did make me laugh. :D

• 1 month later...

I just got a 510 PT from arno. I worked great right out of the box. I used it for about an hour on and off for a couple of hours then went to band practice leaving it plugged in with the computer on for about 3 1/2 hrs. I came home and hit it. The first vape worked, the second didn't. I switched attys. A couple of times it would start to work then nothing. Luckily I also have a 701 cigar with batteries that are the same size and shape. I put one in and it's working fine. I'm not sure what's going on but the battery must have something to do with it. I have the PT battery on my cigar battery charger right now. It's still red. Mabey I should have charged that battery first. I don't know. It has been plugged in my computer for at least 6 hours and it seams like it's dead. The battery from my cigar is well broken in so I'll find out if it charges or not. I would like more info about battery problems from this PT.

Hi Mike, it could be a bad batt. Do you have another to try?

Now it killed the battery from my cigar. I let the PT battery charge over night and it is in now. It is working but I'm starting to think that my computer isn't charging it or the battery drains when the computer is off or sleeping.

Now it killed the battery from my cigar. I let the PT battery charge over night and it is in now. It is working but I'm starting to think that my computer isn't charging it or the battery drains when the computer is off or sleeping.

Just to clarify this. I charged the original battery in my cigar battery charger. I've used the usb port to charge my ipod and other things so I know it works but It doesn't seem to work with this passthrough.

Wish I could offer some help, but I gave up on mine. I have no doubt that it was these PT's that gave me such grief in my first week of vaping. You may want to shoot Arno an email to see if he has any advice. Also, you may be interested in a non-battery PT (they have them at Word up).

My link

If you want to try something you can cut the battery box out of the wiring and hook the wires together straight thru.You can get some crimp splice connecters at any auto store.It does not matter which wire hooks to which as there are only two.You will get 5 volts this way intead of 3.7 as you normally do with the battery .I personally would not hook one to my computer that does not have a battery to reduce the current draw on the usb port but a lot of people do it and most of the PT's they recomend here do.

Im still learning but when you guys say "VP/PT" what does the VP stand for? I know the PT is pass through. Anyone care to enlighten me? sorry im so newb!

Im still learning but when you guys say "VP/PT" what does the VP stand for? I know the PT is pass through. Anyone care to enlighten me? sorry im so newb!

hey ROOR,

VP= Vaprlife. They are a supporting supplier of this forum. :)

That's why you gotta get a good american made PT ;)

Did I say that I LOVE MY VP-PT? LOL.

I can't say enough about the quality of that baby and how well she works!

It's been the best ''investment'' thus far I would have to say.

Thanks again my friend!!

Edited by DAYVAPE